Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koswo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Belgium
Hello,

I have my internet banking parameters stored on an USB-memorystick. The online banking system I use stores a .ini file on the harddisk in which the path to the user parameters is stored. The default value is "/users/<username>/dexia", but since my parameters aren't stored on the harddisk, I'll have to change it with the path of my USB-memorystick. But I don't know how to determine it. In Windows it's for example "f:\data\internetbanking\", but since Mac doesn't work with drive letters...

So my question: what is the path to my USB-memorystick?

Thanks in advance,

koswo

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
It is /Volumes/"name of pen drive"/folder/file, or however you have it set up on your drive, you got the picture.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
I believe that the first USB drive would be \sda1
The first hard drive is \hda1
The second hard drive would be \hda2

Someone else might be able to tell you more...

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Mechcozmo said:
I believe that the first USB drive would be \sda1
The first hard drive is \hda1
The second hard drive would be \hda2

Someone else might be able to tell you more...
Those are Linux names. Mac OS X puts all disks under /Volumes/(name of disk).

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
koswo said:
Hello,

I have my internet banking parameters stored on an USB-memorystick. The online banking system I use stores a .ini file on the harddisk in which the path to the user parameters is stored. The default value is "/users/<username>/dexia", but since my parameters aren't stored on the harddisk, I'll have to change it with the path of my USB-memorystick. But I don't know how to determine it. In Windows it's for example "f:\data\internetbanking\", but since Mac doesn't work with drive letters...

So my question: what is the path to my USB-memorystick?

Thanks in advance,

koswo

Hi Koswo,

Just insert the memory stick and open it in the finder. Open a Terminal session and drag a file (any file, doesn't really matter) from the Finder into the Terminal session. You will then see the fully qualified path to that file.

Regards,
Marc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.