PDA

View Full Version : Eastview Mall, Victor NY

BOSS10L
Jun 15, 2010, 01:51 PM
Who's going? I've got one pre-ordered. I'll see if I can get my in-laws to get our sons on the bus so I can be there when they open. :)

snatefinch
Jun 15, 2010, 02:18 PM
I've got my pre-order in and will be picking up at Eastview Mall.

BOSS10L
Jun 17, 2010, 07:11 AM
Cool. What time you thinking people will start lining up?

vaneson
Jun 17, 2010, 07:16 AM
I will be there as well. Get up early, have some coffee, and wait with the rest of us hooligans ;)

snatefinch
Jun 17, 2010, 08:50 PM
I don't know for sure when people will start lining up. I am planning on going pretty early because I need to get out fast and over to work by 8. I don't know for sure though, maybe 5 or 6.

javaski
Jun 18, 2010, 10:29 PM
I don't know for sure when people will start lining up. I am planning on going pretty early because I need to get out fast and over to work by 8. I don't know for sure though, maybe 5 or 6.

I'm in the same boat. I probably could be as late to work as 8:30am, but it'll be a long day if I get to the store by 5am.

Hopefully, the line moves quickly!

notjerry
Jun 18, 2010, 10:45 PM
I'm hoping to likely go to Eastview as well, since I'm in Manchester and that's probably the closest place. I think Wal-Mart is going to have them as well, right? Does anyone have any ideas how that'll play out? Especially with the 24-hour walmart in canandaigua? Also, who's camping at AT&T at Eastview, and who's going to the Apple Store?

idonotliketostu
Jun 18, 2010, 10:47 PM
So I get a reservation to pick up the iphone there, do you guys think there would be a special line for those that reserved a spot and those that just went?

idonotliketostu
Jun 18, 2010, 10:54 PM
Now that I think about it, people who didn't reserve would probably be turned away.

notjerry
Jun 18, 2010, 10:57 PM
It'd probably just be one massive line. And I don't think they'd turn away people who haven't pre-ordered, since all retail outlets are getting an undetermined quantity for that purpose (non pre-order).

notjerry
Jun 19, 2010, 11:49 AM
Anyone think they know the best place to go as far as lines? I know they're being sold at Radio Shack, Apple Store, AT&T Stores, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. The problem is, three of those places are in the mall, the Wal-Mart is just down the road (unless I go to CDGA or Macedon), and the Best Buy that is an Apple reseller is in Henrietta. I don't mind queuing up in the wee hours of the morning, but would want to be in the top 10 or so just to guarantee I'd get one.

Jerry

javaski
Jun 19, 2010, 11:59 AM
Anyone think they know the best place to go as far as lines? I know they're being sold at Radio Shack, Apple Store, AT&T Stores, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. The problem is, three of those places are in the mall, the Wal-Mart is just down the road (unless I go to CDGA or Macedon), and the Best Buy that is an Apple reseller is in Henrietta. I don't mind queuing up in the wee hours of the morning, but would want to be in the top 10 or so just to guarantee I'd get one.

Jerry

I would just go to the Apple store, if you have a reservation that is. Apple will have a much larger supply than any other store (or so I would assume).

notjerry
Jun 19, 2010, 01:15 PM
That's the problem... I DON'T have a reservation. I spent all day trying to pre-order on the 15th, but to no avail. Managed to pre-order my girlfriend's iPhone though! Shame I didn't do mine first! :eek:
Jerry

Mengels7
Jun 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
I'll be there. Last year they had a line for reserves and a line for people who didn't, and they took maybe 5 reserved people at a time and 1 or 2 non-reserve people. I'd like to get there early enough so that on the off-chance they have a limited supply of white iPhones I can get one of those instead of my black one.

BOSS10L
Jun 19, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'll be there. Last year they had a line for reserves and a line for people who didn't, and they took maybe 5 reserved people at a time and 1 or 2 non-reserve people. I'd like to get there early enough so that on the off-chance they have a limited supply of white iPhones I can get one of those instead of my black one.

I'm with you there, but from what I've read, I don't think anyone will have white ones at launch. As much as I'd like a white one, I'm not going to wait a month or two extra for it, especially considering I've got one pre-ordered. Push comes to shove, I'll get this one now, and when the white one comes out, I can get that and give the black one to my wife.

So, they're opening the doors at 7. What time will Eastview start letting us in to line up? I think I may just take a trip to Eastview tomorrow morning after breakfast to find out last minute details and whatnot.

snatefinch
Jun 20, 2010, 03:21 PM

MARK!!!!!!

I'm getting there as early as I can. I want to get my iPhone and get out quickly.

I'm just wondering when the mall will let us in.

notjerry
Jun 21, 2010, 11:45 AM
Scratch that. Just called AT&T in Canandaigua and they have a waiting list to get a ticket. Basically if you sign up on the list, you'll get a ticket at 7am based on your position, which essentially gives you a spot in line. I guess, depending on their stock, I may or may not have one, since I'm at position 7. But, I only have to be there at 7am to get my ticket anyway, so no waiting in line at 4am. I think I like this option.

Jerry

TechDude16
Jun 21, 2010, 04:18 PM
Hey All!

I love that we have quite a few people in this area looking to go here!

I confirmed both through a friend and through a random employee at Eastview that reservations that received an email, REGARDLESS of its visibility on the reservation website, will be accepted. He said if you can't see it, just be safe and bring a printout of the confirmation email that has your email on it, that way they can confirm and allow the exception.

THERE WILL BE 2 lines, like the 3GS launch - one for reserved and another for non-reserved. Those with reservations will receive priority in entering the store. All others will be first-come-first-serve based on their own line.

Reservations do not guarantee a phone, but will get you priority.

So go early and be happy. See you all there!

Mengels7
Jun 21, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm about 15min from Eastview and am gonna try and wake up at 4 that day. Maybe earlier? I'm probably just going to bring my PSP and try and rip through MGS Peace Walker with my friend. Should make time fly.

happypappy
Jun 21, 2010, 11:14 PM
I have a confirmed reservation and still going to get there around 4. Call me crazy :P

notjerry
Jun 22, 2010, 12:09 PM
Ok guys,
I emailed eastview mall to see what's good for launch day, and this is the response I got:
Hi Jerry,
Thank you for writing about the iPhone 4 launch. The mall doors open as early as 7am every day because we have a number of mall walkers who are here every morning. You are welcome to enter the mall then and get in line at Apple or the AT&T store. If you are going to the Apple store, I would suggest using the entrance near P.F. Chang’s and Champps. If you are going to the AT&T store, I suggest using Entrance #4 which is between Sears and JC Penney. Lines usually begin forming as early as 8am. Thanks again for your questions and best of luck with your new iPhone purchase!

Marie Karasinski
Marketing Director

She makes it sound as if she doesn't know the store is gonna open early (unless that is the early time). Anyways, hope that helps guys!
Jerry

Mengels7
Jun 22, 2010, 12:20 PM
Ok guys,
I emailed eastview mall to see what's good for launch day, and this is the response I got:
Hi Jerry,
Thank you for writing about the iPhone 4 launch. The mall doors open as early as 7am every day because we have a number of mall walkers who are here every morning. You are welcome to enter the mall then and get in line at Apple or the AT&T store. If you are going to the Apple store, I would suggest using the entrance near P.F. Chang’s and Champps. If you are going to the AT&T store, I suggest using Entrance #4 which is between Sears and JC Penney. Lines usually begin forming as early as 8am. Thanks again for your questions and best of luck with your new iPhone purchase!

Marie Karasinski
Marketing Director

She makes it sound as if she doesn't know the store is gonna open early (unless that is the early time). Anyways, hope that helps guys!
Jerry

Yeah she doesn't seem to know what's going on. When did it open last year? I'm pretty sure I was inside around 6.

shabaazjenkins
Jun 22, 2010, 01:53 PM
I contacted the Mall too, and was informed the doors open between 6:30 - 7:00am for "Mall Walkers." Just suit up as if you're going for a brisk walk-jog, haha!

There's a 60% chance of rain Thursday morning, but this could change 10 times over the next two days. I guess it's best to arrive early for a spot under the little overhang at the doors.

I can't imagine there will be hundreds of people waiting around toooo early ... we shall see though. Backpacks are allowed in the mall, so a little coffee and entertainment will be OK to occupy yourself for the wait.

Someone already asked what time the Mall opened last year, but I would also like to know what kind of a crowd there was if anyone experienced this first hand at Eastview. Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

Shabaaz

TechDude16
Jun 22, 2010, 03:53 PM
I found out earlier that my reservation miraculously disappeared from Apple's system like many others.

After calling the 800 number and talking to a rep earlier at east view, I finally got in touch with Alex, a manager at the store.

She laughed and said that a LOT of people had the same problem as me at their store, let alone in the US. She said basically what the other managers are going to do (which she did with min) is place a repair sticker with Case ID on it. That case ID is to be given to the rep you get once to the store and tell them it is one of the phones with the sticker on it. They will then go back and give you the phone with your sticker on it.

Basically: They already have stock of the phones as of today, as she said she put my sticker on it while I was on the phone with her. Anyone who can't find their reservation should call them tonight and tell them their situation, so long as you received a confirmation email after making the original reservation that says it will be held UNTIL END OF BUSINESS DAY. And not first come first serve.

So now on Thursday morning I am getting there just before 7am, and will have a phone FOR SURE because it has my OWN number on it! Which is sweet because reservations do not guarantee you will get a phone if stock runs out. But for me that is not the case because of this sticker.

Oh but I am still getting there early for my father who couldn't make up his mind that morning and was too late to get a reservation in before they were closed. So now I think he is forced to stand in the other line... But he has to come and pay for ours so they might just give him one while he is in there. We will see.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all there!

twopoundlou
Jun 22, 2010, 04:29 PM
I found out earlier that my reservation miraculously disappeared from Apple's system like many others.

After calling the 800 number and talking to a rep earlier at east view, I finally got in touch with Alex, a manager at the store.

She laughed and said that a LOT of people had the same problem as me at their store, let alone in the US. She said basically what the other managers are going to do (which she did with min) is place a repair sticker with Case ID on it. That case ID is to be given to the rep you get once to the store and tell them it is one of the phones with the sticker on it. They will then go back and give you the phone with your sticker on it.

Basically: They already have stock of the phones as of today, as she said she put my sticker on it while I was on the phone with her. Anyone who can't find their reservation should call them tonight and tell them their situation, so long as you received a confirmation email after making the original reservation that says it will be held UNTIL END OF BUSINESS DAY. And not first come first serve.

So now on Thursday morning I am getting there just before 7am, and will have a phone FOR SURE because it has my OWN number on it! Which is sweet because reservations do not guarantee you will get a phone if stock runs out. But for me that is not the case because of this sticker.

Oh but I am still getting there early for my father who couldn't make up his mind that morning and was too late to get a reservation in before they were closed. So now I think he is forced to stand in the other line... But he has to come and pay for ours so they might just give him one while he is in there. We will see.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all there!

The reservation section on Eastview's site has nothing to do with iPhone 4 reservations. This confirms workshops and other such reservations. Confirmed by Apple Store Eastview Associate.

TechDude16
Jun 22, 2010, 04:49 PM
The reservation section on Eastview's site has nothing to do with iPhone 4 reservations. This confirms workshops and other such reservations. Confirmed by Apple Store Eastview Associate.

I don't know, but when I made my reservation it WAS visible on their site after I had made it. I do know what the reservation system is for, I have used it plenty of times before. Maybe they have changed it since then but regardless thanks for the correction.

When I called and asked the store, THEY said that my reservation wasn't there and that is what I suggest everyone else do as well. I know too, I have a few friends that work and have worked at Apple Retail stores.

So regardless, there is credence to checking with the store by calling. They have their list already setup in their system and are compiling the other one for the people who have had their reservations disappear.

EDIT: As well, I didn't confirm it through THEIR reservation system, I confirmed it with store. I didn't check the store's res. system until after I got notice of it not being there earlier today. But again, even without that I had seen it before in their system after I made the reservation, and the reservation system did have iPhone 4 res. as an option within the menus. Again, this is all specs of dust now. The important thing is those who have reservations and got a confirmation email should call them ASAP to get your issue resolved so you can enjoy the experience too.

cdp1276
Jun 22, 2010, 04:53 PM

After calling the 800 number and talking to a rep earlier at Eastview, I finally got in touch with Alex, a manager at the store.

I wished you had asked if they had any stock already delivered of the White 32 GB iPhone 4...

I'm on the fence of waiting in line for a chance?!?!

TechDude16
Jun 22, 2010, 04:55 PM
I wished you had asked if they had any stock already delivered of the White 32 GB iPhone 4...

I'm on the fence of waiting in line for a chance?!?!

Darn! I should have... she did ask which one I wanted but it didn't pass my mind to ask if they had any white in stock. I wouldn't take anything from what she said, because of the two memory options on the black models anyways.

Regardless, the white ones were NOT available for reservation so she wouldn't have expected me to mention it anyways, or for that matter would have allowed me to get one.

But we can always cross our fingers!

bentrider
Jun 22, 2010, 06:49 PM
I'll be there at 4:30 or 5 even though I have a reservation.

therican
Jun 23, 2010, 02:10 AM
I hope on getting there after work around 7:30am.

AppleSpice
Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM
I am picking up a reservation here as well.. Planning on getting there around 5am. Where are you guys all planning on lining for the apple store since the mall doors don't open until 6:30-7am?

notjerry
Jun 23, 2010, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking that it doesn't quite matter what time you line up outside the mall, as long as you can run faster than anyone else when doors open! ;)

AppleSpice
Jun 23, 2010, 12:14 PM
Omg I hope it does not come to this... lol

jsmooves
Jun 23, 2010, 01:28 PM
so who is going to wait with me? times anyone?

Markisss88
Jun 23, 2010, 05:05 PM
so if you dont have a reservation or pre-order, will you still be able to buy it or no? im so confused with this pre-order stuff. i didnt pre-order it because i thought id just wait in line and get it!

cdp1276
Jun 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
so if you dont have a reservation or pre-order, will you still be able to buy it or no? im so confused with this pre-order stuff. i didnt pre-order it because i thought id just wait in line and get it!

Yes, but they have a limited supply so get there early to make sure you get one...

Markisss88
Jun 23, 2010, 05:14 PM
Yes, but they have a limited supply so get there early to make sure you get one...

awesome im getting their at 3 am, hope someones with me!

Mengels7
Jun 23, 2010, 05:37 PM
No idea what I'm doing now that it's confirmed there are no white iPhones tomorrow.

cdp1276
Jun 23, 2010, 05:51 PM
No idea what I'm doing now that it's confirmed there are no white iPhones tomorrow.

I'm waiting for the white one, 2 years is a long time. Wait for what you want. The black will show finger prints and scratches more often too.

Markisss88
Jun 23, 2010, 05:54 PM

get the black one, sell it for alot of money and then pay retail for it when it comes out! by then their shouldnt be a craze anymore, you'll be golden and get to enjoy the iphone launch fun.

Mengels7
Jun 23, 2010, 07:47 PM
get the black one, sell it for alot of money and then pay retail for it when it comes out! by then their shouldnt be a craze anymore, you'll be golden and get to enjoy the iphone launch fun.

Eh nah I'm gonna get the black one, I just don't know when I wanna go in now.

BOSS10L
Jun 23, 2010, 07:55 PM
So it sounds like everyone is planning on getting to Eastview around 5am. Cool, see you then. :cool:

bentrider
Jun 23, 2010, 07:55 PM
Eff it. If others are going to be there at 3 AM so will I! See yah all there!

TechDude16
Jun 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
Haha. Well I have a reserved one with a sticker cus it got lost in the system. My family won't get up too early, so we should be there by 7AM, in time enough to be there for open. I don't expect much after the initial rush so even if they forc my dad back into the unreserved line to get a phone, there shouldn't be much of a wait.

Most of us getting there early have a reservation anyways and really, in this environment and this store, only the really dedicate people are getting there as early as us ;)

So I think all should go smooth.

Good luck guys!

Mengels7
Jun 23, 2010, 09:04 PM
Haha. Well I have a reserved one with a sticker cus it got lost in the system. My family won't get up too early, so we should be there by 7AM, in time enough to be there for open. I don't expect much after the initial rush so even if they forc my dad back into the unreserved line to get a phone, there shouldn't be much of a wait.

Most of us getting there early have a reservation anyways and really, in this environment and this store, only the really dedicate people are getting there as early as us ;)

So I think all should go smooth.

Good luck guys!

Eh you're forgetting that everyone knows there is a shortage and there'll be people from all over this region there to make a quick buck off of reselling one of those ****ers. Maybe. Could be wrong since there's that whole contract dealio.

TechDude16
Jun 23, 2010, 09:10 PM
Eh you're forgetting that everyone knows there is a shortage and there'll be people from all over this region there to make a quick buck off of reselling one of those ****ers. Maybe. Could be wrong since there's that whole contract dealio.

Hehe true. Regardless mine has a sticker and my name on a list, that specific phone is NOT being sold to anyone else regardless so I will at least get mine. My parents said if it is ridiculous they will just order them online ehh we leave on re way back to Rochester :)

Really though I can't see why they would force us back out in line when technically I could get my mom's, but like I said, they don't mind waiting.

Just have to hope people don't do the same and push back the delivery dates more. Eek! That's why I hope we get in quickly enough.

snatefinch
Jun 23, 2010, 09:13 PM
I think I will be getting there around 3 or 4. Might as well go earlier since I think I am not going to sleep as I would probably not wake up in time. Anyone have Twitter and want to chat with me about what time your coming I'm @snatefinch and I could also give you my number to txt.

Markisss88
Jun 23, 2010, 09:34 PM
Eff it. If others are going to be there at 3 AM so will I! See yah all there!

thats what i like to hear, well i dont have a choice, i have no reservation or pre-order because im stupid and didnt realized that you could make a reservation to hold a phone, i thought i was being smart by waiting in line instead of waiting for the fed ex guy to get here. guess i was wrong.

Mengels7
Jun 23, 2010, 11:34 PM
My field report from Finchy boy there says there are 15 people in line right now. Y'all are sick. I'll be leaving around 3:30 I think.

TechDude16
Jun 24, 2010, 03:54 AM
My field report from Finchy boy there says there are 15 people in line right now. Y'all are sick. I'll be leaving around 3:30 I think.

Can wait to see what it is at now... This should be a fun morning!

bentrider
Jun 24, 2010, 07:41 AM
I WAS THE FIRST ONE OUT OF THE APPLE STORE WITH MY IPHONE!!!! PRETTY EFFING STOKED ABOUT THAT!!! Even got interviewed on Channel 10.

notjerry
Jun 24, 2010, 08:28 AM
I ended up getting on the "list" at the AT&T store in canandaigua, despite not having a pre-order. I got there at 20 minutes to 7, and was 7th on the list for a "ticket", which was essentially a spot in line. 2 other people showed so I was in effect 3rd in line. Was in by 7:45 and out by 8:30ish. There was one other person when I left, and they said they were likely getting more phones in this afternoon or tomorrow. While I was in there, the manager got a call from someone at eastview looking for an iphone. Apparently, someone at Apple told him that there was a 5-6 hour wait but that he could definitely get a walk-in phone today. All 5 guys in AT&T store just busted out laughing. :)

Anyway, someone might wanna try canandaigua (call first)...

Jerry

BOSS10L
Jun 24, 2010, 09:29 AM
Just got back, syncing it now. Holy S that was a Charlie Foxtrot.

notjerry
Jun 24, 2010, 10:08 AM
How far back in the line were you? What time did you end up getting there?

Mengels7
Jun 24, 2010, 06:07 PM
Whoever screamed "Get to the chopper!" after that guy up front wouldn't shut up was my hero.

bentrider
Jun 24, 2010, 07:17 PM
Whoever screamed "Get to the chopper!" after that guy up front wouldn't shut up was my hero.

The screaming Russian?

Mengels7
Jun 24, 2010, 08:43 PM
The screaming Russian?

Yeah. As if there were few enough people to try and run a damn ticket system.:rolleyes:

bentrider
Jun 24, 2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah. As if there were few enough people to try and run a damn ticket system.:rolleyes:

It was a nice idea at 3:30 when there were 50 people there but 300 was a bit much. And I'm 90% sure those guys weren't even keeping those phones. Looked like eBayers to me.

AppleSpice
Jun 24, 2010, 11:28 PM
Haha, this was definitely an interesting experience...

The number system just became one big joke.

Did anyone else see people hopping couches and chairs in the mad dash to the store once they opened the doors to the mall?

idonotliketostu
Jun 24, 2010, 11:52 PM
I love how the apple employees didnt even check for pre registrations and just asked which one you preordered.

bentrider
Jun 25, 2010, 09:59 AM
They were checking names I thought. I pre-ordered mine over the phone so I just had a ticket number.

Yeah I saw the jumping. The running was a bit unexpected.

Did I mention I got out first? ;)

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1621914.shtml?cat=565

I'm Bryan Ball in the video. Well... And in real life.