PDA

View Full Version : Boca Raton, FL (Town Center Mall)

dlewis23
Jun 15, 2010, 03:11 PM
Who plans on hitting the mall at 7am on the 24th? They will probably have us line up outside again like the did with the iPad. Which really sucks because its been so hot out lately.

mqguitar
Jun 17, 2010, 08:53 PM
Im thinking ill be hitting up the store at 7 am too maybe ten min earlier to find the line. have you done this with previous iphones before at this store?

And how is the store usually? Really packed? I just recently moved so dont know much yet whats around!

sainttech
Jun 18, 2010, 07:30 PM
I hope people with no lives aren't going to start trying to camp out!

fishmd
Jun 20, 2010, 08:13 AM
Ok guys, I have a good friend there who is fairly high up in the organization. He let me know information of the launch. They had just over 1100 reservations for the Boca store. :eek: There will be two lines and the reserve line should move faster than the other. They expect to have plenty of phones for all the reservations and should have some for walk-ins as well, but not sure how many. All their employees will be working that day. They will be doing activations in the store, provided ATT's servers don't crap out. Also, they just got some of those machines in (2 of them) that allow them to transfer information off of any phone onto your new iPhone. Like all your contacts and such. That is pretty cool. When I spoke with him, he did not know what time the mall would open up, but did say that all Apple employees would be there at 5AM to train prior to the 7AM opening that day. Last year people who got there early and tried to line up outside the mall were chased off by the security officers and made to wait in their cars, so probably not worth getting there too early.

That is about all the information I got. Good luck guys. :)

mqguitar
Jun 20, 2010, 04:24 PM
thanks a lot for the info fish !!! and wow thats a lot of reservations. do you really think there will be that many people that day at 7 am?

fishmd
Jun 20, 2010, 07:09 PM
thanks a lot for the info fish !!! and wow thats a lot of reservations. do you really think there will be that many people that day at 7 am?

Haha. I really hope there are not that many people that are there first thing in the AM, but I guess we will see. Hopefully it all goes smooth for us and there are no hiccups.

mqguitar
Jun 20, 2010, 07:14 PM
i sure hope so to fish! and if anything i got my pre order in at that best buy in there also lol. So excited feels like christmas. I think every year now when they come out with a new iphone that is finally a grown up geeks christmas day :)

sainttech
Jun 20, 2010, 08:21 PM
This is great news! I really believe this is going to be crazy!!!!! Still kind of exciting

dlewis23
Jun 21, 2010, 08:59 AM
Im thinking ill be hitting up the store at 7 am too maybe ten min earlier to find the line. have you done this with previous iphones before at this store?

And how is the store usually? Really packed? I just recently moved so dont know much yet whats around!

I was there for the first iPhone, and 3G. Both times it was pretty packed. The iPad had a lot of people too but they manage everything pretty well at that store.

I hope people with no lives aren't going to start trying to camp out!

Usually mall security wont let people do that. For the iPad they only started letting people line up at around 6am from what I gathered.

Also Boca P.D. likes to drive through to make sure no one is hanging out there.

I'm going to swing by on my way home at around 12am to see if anyone is trying to wait for it.