Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snatefinch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hey guys, sent an email to Switcheasy to see when they would be releasing cases for the iPhone 4 and I got this reply:

Hello,

We don't announce new product until its release and availability on our website.
We can tell you that we're actively working on it, and we are very
excited about our upcoming new products for iPhone 4.
Hopefully it will be available on our website within a week or two after
the release of iPhone 4.

Please stay tuned to our website for news and updates at
http://www.switcheasy.com/store/

Thank you,

SwitchEasy Team – Celine

I can't wait. I loved the RebelSerpent I had for the 3GS and want to see what they have in store for the iPhone 4.

bleighv

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
California
I did the same thing last week and got the same email. I hope they come out with some amazing cases (which I'm sure they will :D )

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
I have never found a better case for the iPhone 3G/3GS. They were the best cases I ever owned. The CapsuleRebel is great! Can't wait to see what they have in store.

thearod

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
I agree... whatever they release will most likely be excellent and worth the wait. I went through 5 or 6 iphone cases until I got the rebel serpeant and I've never even considered changing it out since I got it. Can't WAIT for their iPhone 4 line up

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
I've had Capsule Neo (my favorite), Capsule Rebel Serpent, and Colors, all have been exemplary. Sold both my and my wife's 3G two weeks ago in brand-new condition as a direct result of SwitchEasy's awesomeness.

I'm definitely down for whatever they offer.

Sanveann

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2009
Michigan
Thanks for sharing! I had the Capsule Rebel for my 3GS and have been eagerly awaiting Switcheasy's i4 cases :)

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I like the Colors for when I'm camping, concert, bar.... Anyplace where drops could happen or conditions aren't good. I love how it feels. Not much bulk added yet I could throw it at the wall n it would be ok. I want a dark purple one!!!!

koolzero

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
I sent an email to them on the 27th and got a similar response...
Thank you for visiting SwitchEasy.com!

We are very excited about our upcoming product releases for the iPhone4.
Unfortunately, we cannot say what styles are being developed for the iPhone4.
We will not announce new products until they are available for sale on our website.

Like you, we just received our iPhone4.
Our development team is working non stop and making the final adjustments, so we can start production.
We hope to have products available for purchase within a week or two.

SwitchEasy apologizes for the delay and hopes you understand.
We want the products you purchase to provide a hassle free experience.

I had an iskin silicon case and an arctic capsule rebel for my 3gs. I actually preferred the iskin case over the capsule rebel because I felt that I had a better grip on the iskin case, it felt more "sticky", the rebel felt a little slicker, and not surprisingly the iskin case fit better in iskin clip (which makes sense, since they made it to work together) I also didn't like that the power button was hard to push in on the rebel than on the iskin case. Hopefully the stiffness issue will be better with the new case...

However, after seeing pictures of the RebelM I really want to give it a shot (I hope they make a version for the i4), it also appears that it would protect the back better on the i4 than a regular silicon case. I might also pick up an iskin case once they come out but they said it might not be available until august.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
funny, i emailed them a similar question yesterday and all i got back was a generic warranty response. it was like they didn't even read my email at all. :confused:

koolzero

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
funny, i emailed them a similar question yesterday and all i got back was a generic warranty response. it was like they didn't even read my email at all. :confused:

Maybe they're getting too many emails.

bender0069

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007

I emailed them yesterday too adn the response I got back was within the next 1 to 2 weeks

koolzero

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
I don't understand why these companies didn't have cases out in time for launch? Do they not get models to build their cases around, or did they just have to wait for an actual phone to make a model?

bender0069

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
I don't understand why these companies didn't have cases out in time for launch? Do they not get models to build their cases around, or did they just have to wait for an actual phone to make a model?

Here was their response, seems like they just got the phone

Dear Customer,

We will not announce new products until they are available for sale on
our website.

Our development team is working non stop and making the final
adjustments, so we can start production.

Please stay tuned to our website for news and updates:

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sincerely,
Zoe.
SwitchEasy USA Team

koolzero

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
I got the same response, but it just strikes me as odd that other companies got a mock up or something and were able to get cases out a day or two after the launch (maybe even some on the same day?).

Here was their response, seems like they just got the phone

Dear Customer,

We will not announce new products until they are available for sale on
our website.

Our development team is working non stop and making the final
adjustments, so we can start production.

Please stay tuned to our website for news and updates:

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sincerely,
Zoe.
SwitchEasy USA Team

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
I got the same response, but it just strikes me as odd that other companies got a mock up or something and were able to get cases out a day or two after the launch (maybe even some on the same day?).
Other companies rushed development and are having issues with the cases not fitting properly.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Switcheasy is very thorough with their cases, both in design and construction. that is why i chose them in the past. i'd rather they take their time and do it right the first time. other first release cases were not that well thought out or tested (flash issue for example).

but i need some case no later than July 24 regardless.

koolzero

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
I bought my wife an ifrogz case which is decent but it cost 30 bucks and didn't come with anything else but the case (no protective films, screen cleaners etc...). I like how the switcheasy come with everything but the kitchen sink.

davidwarren

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I can't wait for a switch easy ace for the iphone 4 to come out. The rebel serpent was the best case ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.