PDA

View Full Version : Apple VP: No new PowerBooks for Holidays

keysersoze
Oct 19, 2004, 03:14 PM
MacMinute reports the following:

"Apple VP: No new PowerBooks before the holidays
October 19 - 16:00 EDT** According to David Moody, Apple's vice president of Worldwide Mac Product Marketing, Apple fans shouldn't expect new or revamped PowerBooks before Christmas. "This new line-up of iBooks, along with the current PowerBooks we have will make up the complete portable line-up we will be offering for the holidays," Moody said while discussing the updated iBooks released this morning."

http://www.macminute.com

Sorry for everyone wanting one... :(

GroundLoop
Oct 19, 2004, 03:27 PM
This just means that they have something bigger saved up for MWSF.

Hickman

zelmo
Oct 19, 2004, 03:32 PM
This just means that they have something bigger saved up for MWSF.

Hickman

Yup. I've been saying for a while that dual-core G4 PB's are more likely not to be announced before WWDC, but this gives me a little hope that I'm wrong about that. Even though I'm sure they had to say something like to to get people to continue to buy the current ones for Xmas, what with all the conjecture and assumption about pending updates to maintain distance between the portable lines.

Of course, if I want to be sure I'm wrong, I'll just ask my wife. She is always happy to tell me how wrong I am. :)

pyrotoaster
Oct 19, 2004, 04:16 PM
Sorry for everyone wanting one... :(
Yeah, but Apple's been saying stuff like this for months. It's hardly surprising that they're simply ruling out new Powerbooks before Christmas.

AmigoMac
Oct 19, 2004, 04:24 PM
Dual core in MWSF... nice... now let's start the,

But, if, I hope, I wish...

As usual, complain without receiving the product... but anyway it's a good signal!

djkny
Oct 19, 2004, 04:32 PM
I hope this is mere Apple Marketing "talking point" tactic.
Didn't they say "No 60GB Color iPods?" And we're one week away now.

I took a risk and sold my PB in anticipation of a speed bump. For my sake, I'm gonna circle that Nov 16 date.

aswitcher
Oct 19, 2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I still have the best laptop in the world for the rest of the year :)

NCTRNL
Oct 19, 2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I still have the best laptop in the world for the rest of the year :)

Yeah me too...I'm pumped...

Champale
Oct 19, 2004, 04:48 PM
Same here!

At this exact moment in time my PB isn't outdated yet! Woohoo! :)

homerjward
Oct 19, 2004, 05:12 PM
hmm...they could announce new pb's shipping in mid-january...it would be technically true.

cluthz
Oct 19, 2004, 05:39 PM
I bought a pb i august. I wanted to wait a ew months to see if apple updated, but i hadn't time to wait. Glad i didn't. But apple need to do something before the 2.0 ghz Pentium M has the whole market.....

x86isslow
Oct 19, 2004, 07:15 PM
merge? (with the main one on the front page)