Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LittleEskimo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
I have been pricing various factors out with the new mini, and I just hate the thought of having to pay that bloody tax. My question is when can we expect these puppies to be on amazon?

supermum

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
It is currently on Amazon and ships right away (I ordered a couple hours ago and got a "ship" notice within minutes.

The ridiculous thing is that if you use Amazon's search you will not find the new Mac Minis. You have to go to "Computers & Office" then "Desktops & Servers" and it will be on that front page. The Mini is currently $30 off ($669) and the Server is $975 or $25 off.

Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html//ref=bt_atcg_img_0/ref=bt_atcg_cta?ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&docId=1000519741&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=03V9893NPMXANZPKMWT4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1266583902&pf_rd_i=565098

LittleEskimo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for that find! Very kind :D

I'm wondering though if it's worth it to go through apple to pay $135 from the 2.4 to 2.66 cpu upgrade. Man, I can't wait for some in-depth reviews on youtube to show up to better show performance.

Jawnathin

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
It is currently on Amazon and ships right away (I ordered a couple hours ago and got a "ship" notice within minutes.
[/URL]

Did you actually get a tracking number? When is the estimated delivery date?

I 'pre-ordered' at 1:00am PST on the 16th (about 24 hours ago). Later today it changed to In stock and I got 'We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.'.

I figured since I 'pre-ordered' really early in the morning, I'd get one of the first ones from Amazon. So it looks like mine is shipping soon, but if you're is already out the door... :confused:

supermum

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Did you actually get a tracking number? When is the estimated delivery date?

I 'pre-ordered' at 1:00am PST on the 16th (about 24 hours ago). Later today it changed to In stock and I got 'We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.'.

I figured since I 'pre-ordered' really early in the morning, I'd get one of the first ones from Amazon. So it looks like mine is shipping soon, but if you're is already out the door... :confused:

I have Prime ("free" two day shipping from Amazon) so that may have something to do with it. Also, when you select 2 day shipping they often ship from different warehouses which may also have something to do with it???

Jawnathin

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
I have Prime ("free" two day shipping from Amazon) so that may have something to do with it. Also, when you select 2 day shipping they often ship from different warehouses which may also have something to do with it???

I have Prime and selected 1 day shipping...

Did they give you a tracking number? Did they have an estimated delivery date?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.