PDA

View Full Version : Boston, MA - Boylston Street

ItalianBoston
Jun 15, 2010, 09:17 PM
Who's going to be there??

CrAkD
Jun 15, 2010, 09:21 PM
Who's going to be there??

I reserved to a nh store to save the tax. Plus I gotta work so i wouldn't be getting there till 5ish

Nykwil
Jun 16, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'll be at the Boylston St. store.

HockeyGuy
Jun 17, 2010, 03:49 PM
I'll be there! Is 5 AM too late? I have to be at work across the street by 10 AM.

macmadandproud
Jun 17, 2010, 07:10 PM
God, 5am?

Do you have one reserved?

I can't see many people pulling all-nighters there...

cschreppel
Jun 18, 2010, 08:08 PM
I'll be there. Most likely between 5:30-6am.

advres
Jun 18, 2010, 08:13 PM
I'll ride by and laugh at you all. See you then.

enigmatut
Jun 18, 2010, 08:20 PM
So, who's done this before? This will be my first launch-day purchase.
I reserved a phone, which I hope means there's a separate line that will chug along.
Any day-1 3GS purchasers who can comment on that?

And assuming there's a "reserved" line, should I expect to be able to hit the line at 6:45am and be done before 8am?
I guess it might be tough to say as this launch could be the craziest one yet. and who knows if the AT&T activation servers will be able to hack it. Yikes :confused:

bballmitch2
Jun 19, 2010, 01:26 AM
So, who's done this before? This will be my first launch-day purchase.
I reserved a phone, which I hope means there's a separate line that will chug along.
Any day-1 3GS purchasers who can comment on that?

And assuming there's a "reserved" line, should I expect to be able to hit the line at 6:45am and be done before 8am?
I guess it might be tough to say as this launch could be the craziest one yet. and who knows if the AT&T activation servers will be able to hack it. Yikes :confused:

I'm curious about this line of questioning too. In the exact same boat... I'm hoping to get to the store around 6:30am and be out by 8 to 8:30am. Could that be reasonable?

applefanboy11
Jun 19, 2010, 10:19 PM
How popular has this store been during previous launches?

HockeyGuy
Jun 20, 2010, 06:40 AM
God, 5am?

Do you have one reserved?

I can't see many people pulling all-nighters there...

Yes I reserved! I will bring a chair to sit in to stay comfortable and also have a "placeholder" in the line. Parking going to be a problem? Prudential center garage or should I take the T in?

Nykwil
Jun 20, 2010, 09:12 AM
Yes I reserved! I will bring a chair to sit in to stay comfortable and also have a "placeholder" in the line. Parking going to be a problem? Prudential center garage or should I take the T in?

Take the T in or get dropped off, you don't wanna waste your money on parking all day if that happens.

Nykwil
Jun 20, 2010, 09:13 AM
How popular has this store been during previous launches?

It's a flagship store. They will get the most stock, but also the most people will show up as well

ovation802
Jun 20, 2010, 06:35 PM
So it seems like Boylston street won't be too crazy? I reserved mine, but have never gone on launch day. I would assume more people would be posting here. I guess we have a lot of locations around Boston with much more convenient parking?

Did anyone reserve and pick up an iPad on launch day at the Boylston store?

zhaofa90
Jun 21, 2010, 01:40 AM
so I wasn't fortunate enough to reserve one. I'll be waiting in line to hopefully snag one of their walk-in stock. That being the case, I'm planning on getting there super early, like 11-12 PMish

andrewj
Jun 23, 2010, 12:25 PM
I also made a reservation (not a pre-order). I called the store a couple days ago, and they said that there would be a separate line for those with reservations. Hopefully this is true, since from what I recall last year with the 3GS, there was only a separate line if you had already purchased the phone.

Nykwil
Jun 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
just passing this along, but wrapsol reps will be at the boylston st store tomorrow.

amfr
Jun 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
It looks like there are already ~5 people in line. No idea if they pre-ordered or not.

chandljc
Jun 23, 2010, 03:29 PM
I have one reserved at the Boylston St store and will also be there early tomorrow morning to pick it up. Planning to get there a little before 7am.. I really don't think (hope) this store will be too hectic, at least for those in the 'reserved' line.

See you all there

amfr
Jun 23, 2010, 04:27 PM
There are >20 people here now. There's also no separate line for pre-orders.

chandljc
Jun 23, 2010, 04:29 PM

Guessing that those who reserved wouldn't bother showing up the night before. I'd bet that line will form tomorrow morning.

Nykwil
Jun 23, 2010, 05:07 PM

would be pointless to form a reserve line now. Will probably form it tomorrow morning.

I'll be there around 6 ish

KaribOS
Jun 23, 2010, 06:56 PM
They set up the walk-in line around 6 PM. There ARE two lines, the ones you see lined up in front have reserved. They were keeping the walk-ins away from the front until they had the gates set up.

The first photo is of the first guys there for the walk-in line. I'm sure b/c they kept asking the sales associate how many they had. There were a few cops there too.

The last two photos are of the reserve line which was set up right outside the door.

Anyways, I'll be there early in the AM too, see ya!

chandljc
Jun 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
karibos - based on the number of people in the reserved line already, is it wrong to assume that if I show up at 6am I'll be out of there by 9?

amfr
Jun 23, 2010, 07:24 PM
They set up the walk-in line around 6 PM. There ARE two lines, the ones you see lined up in front have reserved. They were keeping the walk-ins away from the front until they had the gates set up.

The first photo is of the first guys there for the walk-in line. I'm sure b/c they kept asking the sales associate how many they had. There were a few cops there too.

The last two photos are of the reserve line which was set up right outside the door.

Anyways, I'll be there early in the AM too, see ya!
Actually, both lines are actually part of the same one. Only one of the people in front of the store has preordered.

KaribOS
Jun 23, 2010, 07:32 PM
Actually, both lines are actually part of the same one. Only one of the people in front of the store has preordered.

Interesting... why did they segregate them? :confused:

enigmatut
Jun 23, 2010, 07:38 PM
I reserved, and I guess I'll just hit the line shortly before 7:00am and take my chances.
See you all there! (I'll be the tired-looking fellow)
:cool:

amfr
Jun 23, 2010, 08:11 PM
Interesting... why did they segregate them? :confused:

The line was getting too long and Sleepy's isn't letting anyone line up in front of them.
Edit: they just came by and said that they will divide the line up into reserved/non-reserved in the morning.

enigmatut
Jun 23, 2010, 08:53 PM
Edit: they just came by and said that they will divide the line up into reserved/non-reserved in the morning.

Any sense of how many in line have already reserved phones?

amfr
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
Any sense of how many in line have already reserved phones?

Only 2 out of the first ~25. There are probably another 30 people in the second line and I have no idea how many of them reserved.

HockeyGuy
Jun 23, 2010, 11:10 PM
I am AT the apple store IN the line!!! TWO lines have officially formed now. 15 people in reserved line and maybe 100 in walk in line.

Respond to this if you have any more questions.

Tennberg
Jun 23, 2010, 11:18 PM
I am AT the apple store IN the line!!! TWO lines have officially formed now. 15 people in reserved line and maybe 100 in walk in line.

Geez. I wonder what the reserved line is going to look like tomorrow morning. I do have one reserved, so it looks like I'll be in the significantly shorter line.

Are the lines clearly marked? Is someone from the store coming out to make sure people in the reserved line actually have one reserved (and that someone who has one reserved isn't waiting in the walk-in line)?

I'd love to get updates every so often on what the lines are looking like before the 7am release. I'm taking the T in from Medford, so I'll probably be there around 6am-ish.

HockeyGuy
Jun 23, 2010, 11:34 PM
Geez. I wonder what the reserved line is going to look like tomorrow morning. I do have one reserved, so it looks like I'll be in the significantly shorter line.

Are the lines clearly marked? Is someone from the store coming out to make sure people in the reserved line actually have one reserved (and that someone who has one reserved isn't waiting in the walk-in line)?

I'd love to get updates every so often on what the lines are looking like before the 7am release. I'm taking the T in from Medford, so I'll probably be there around 6am-ish.

If you are across the street, looking at the Apple store... the reserved line is on your left. There are not any official signs though. The manager came out once and said welcome and she is glad we are here. She made sure people who know they have a reservation were in the reserve line.

overanalyzer
Jun 24, 2010, 12:37 AM

Thanks for the update, I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it helpful. Have more people arrived since? Any chance you can post some updates as it gets closer to 6am or so? :)

Personally, I reserved and am just trying to figure out if I should go first thing in the morning or if it's going to be too crazy and I should wait until a little later...

amfr
Jun 24, 2010, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the update, I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it helpful. Have more people arrived since? Any chance you can post some updates as it gets closer to 6am or so? :)

Personally, I reserved and am just trying to figure out if I should go first thing in the morning or if it's going to be too crazy and I should wait until a little later...

Probably >100 people in the walk-in line and ~20 people in the reserve line.

Tennberg
Jun 24, 2010, 02:09 AM
Probably >100 people in the walk-in line and ~20 people in the reserve line.

Will both lines be handled simultaneously at 7am? When I swung by the store on Tuesday to reconfirm my pre-order, the woman I spoke to said that only pre-orders will be allowed in the store from 7am-10am.

Has anyone heard anything like this?

amfr
Jun 24, 2010, 02:12 AM
Will both lines be handled simultaneously at 7am? When I swung by the store on Tuesday to reconfirm my pre-order, the woman I spoke to said that only pre-orders will be allowed in the store from 7am-10am.

Has anyone heard anything like this?

The woman here said that preorders would be let in first, but the walk-in line would start moving before the preorders were all let in.

Tennberg
Jun 24, 2010, 02:19 AM
The woman here said that preorders would be let in first, but the walk-in line would start moving before the preorders were all let in.

Now, here's what I was wondering. Obviously, every Apple Store got a set of iPhone 4s to cover all the reserved customers plus a set number of phones for walk-ins.

Since Apple is holding all the reserved phones until the store closes on June 24, will they let anyone in the walk-in line who's still there at the end of the day get their hands on the reserved pile after they close, or will they have to show up on June 25 for the free-for-all?

jmcgarrell
Jun 24, 2010, 02:21 AM
Now, here's what I was wondering. Obviously, every Apple Store got a set of iPhone 4s to cover all the reserved customers plus a set number of phones for walk-ins.

Since Apple is holding all the reserved phones until the store closes on June 24, will they let anyone in the walk-in line who's still there at the end of the day get their hands on the reserved pile after they close, or will they have to show up on June 25 for the free-for-all?

From what people were saying, apple would sell the reserved phones on the NEXT business day. So the 25th.

You could always try to befriend a worker 10 minutes before closing though >.>

Tennberg
Jun 24, 2010, 02:40 AM
From what people were saying, apple would sell the reserved phones on the NEXT business day. So the 25th.

You could always try to befriend a worker 10 minutes before closing though >.>

I have mine reserved. I was just wondering what they'd do with/tell all the people in the walk-in line after the walk-in supply of phones ran out.

How are those lines looking right now (~3:30am)?

AppleiPad
Jun 24, 2010, 02:45 AM
Yo I'm at Boylston store right now. Where you at?

chandljc
Jun 24, 2010, 03:03 AM
Just woke up to my alarm to trek over and jump in the 'reserved' line... but I'm now having doubts about going at all given the recent discoveries about the dropped calls when holding the phone.

I think it'll be worth it to wait a couple weeks to see if this is a widespread problem or if it's just a small batch of iphone 4s. It would be a serious buzz kill to get one from that batch.

amfr
Jun 24, 2010, 03:21 AM
I have mine reserved. I was just wondering what they'd do with/tell all the people in the walk-in line after the walk-in supply of phones ran out.

How are those lines looking right now (~3:30am)?

Around the same as before. The manager just came out and said that they would have enough phones for everyone.

Tennberg
Jun 24, 2010, 03:46 AM
Heading in shortly. Need to gather up a few things to keep me occupied while I wait in line, swing by Starbucks when they open at 5, then hop on the T.

How are the lines? Now that it's starting to get light out, are more people showing up?

HockeyGuy
Jun 24, 2010, 04:07 AM
In reserved line still. About 40 or so people. The walk in line is most likely insane. Heard a rumor it ends by Newbury st. now. Less than 2 hours!

enigmatut
Jun 24, 2010, 04:45 AM
Thanks for all the reports, guys!
I'm happily headed for the reserved line now ;)
Hopefully I'll be number 40-something...

KaribOS
Jun 24, 2010, 05:06 AM
Been in reserve line since 5:30... About +/- 75 people in front of me and I can't see the end.

Nice morning though

enigmatut
Jun 24, 2010, 05:33 AM
Thanks for all the reports, guys!
I'm happily headed for the reserved line now ;)
Hopefully I'll be number 40-something...

Welllllll, poop. I'm here and probably closer to being 140-something in the reserved line. Apparently the walk-in line stretches around to Comm now.
But yes, SUPER nice morning.

Nykwil
Jun 24, 2010, 05:34 AM
Ooof this could get ugly today. I'm in the reserve line and id hate to see what the regular line looks like. Lol.

KaribOS
Jun 24, 2010, 05:55 AM
Free drinks, donuts, snacks... Who can complain? :D

Nykwil
Jun 24, 2010, 06:12 AM
Reserve line is actually moving pretty fast.

http://m.flickr.com/photos/nykwil/4730132664/

KaribOS
Jun 24, 2010, 06:22 AM
And they help you pick out cases, sweet

Nykwil
Jun 24, 2010, 06:36 AM
Awwwwww no special paper iPhone 4 bags. :-(

overanalyzer
Jun 24, 2010, 07:55 AM
I couldn't get there early enough this morning to get through the reserved line before I had to be at a meeting, so I'm wondering if anyone is currently in line or recently left and knows how long it might take to get through the reserved line now that things have been going for a couple hours. Thanks! :)

RuRa
Jun 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
I walked by around 8:45 am and the reserved line was still REALLY long. I work in the area so I decided to try back a little later.

enigmatut
Jun 24, 2010, 08:55 AM
... so I'm wondering if anyone is currently in line or recently left and knows how long it might take to get through the reserved line now that things have been going for a couple hours. Thanks! :)

I got there at 6:25am, was 100th-ish in line, doors opened at 7am, and I walked out at 9:05. So I took roughly 2 hours to get through 100 or so people in the reserved line (along with not quite that many in the non-reserved line).

When I left the reserved line still had around 100 people in it.

Good luck!

chrisfromalbany
Jun 24, 2010, 09:02 AM
I got there at 6:25am, was 100th-ish in line, doors opened at 7am, and I walked out at 9:05. So I took roughly 2 hours to get through 100 or so people in the reserved line (along with not quite that many in the non-reserved line).

Good luck!

what are they telling the walk-ups?

Tennberg
Jun 24, 2010, 09:05 AM
I got into the reserved line at around 6am, and had about 100-ish people in front of me. The doors opened at 7am. I had my iPhone 4 in-hand and was walking out of the store just after 8am.

It looked like they were taking 10-20 reserved people in the store for every 2-3 walk-ins.

chrisfromalbany
Jun 24, 2010, 09:17 AM
I got into the reserved line at around 6am, and had about 100-ish people in front of me. The doors opened at 7am. I had my iPhone 4 in-hand and was walking out of the store just after 8am.

It looked like they were taking 10-20 reserved people in the store for every 2-3 walk-ins.

any idea on how they were doing with qualities? Are they planning on having phones for walk up tomorr?

overanalyzer
Jun 24, 2010, 09:18 AM

Good luck!

Yikes. Sounds like they're moving pretty quickly per person, just tons of people to get through. Guess I'll try going a bit later in hopes that it calms down a bit. Thanks for the info!

Macficionado
Jun 24, 2010, 09:33 AM
And they help you pick out cases, sweet

Yeah. Considering the only case they have is the black bumper, I definitely needed a ton of help weighing my options.

bigred643
Jun 24, 2010, 10:05 AM
Got there around 5:15, approximately 340 back in the walk-in line. Waited until 8:45 before I had to head to work, so I didn't get one. I'd estimate it was an 8:1 ratio of reserved to walk-in in terms of letting people in. I knew someone that was 20th in line (got there at 4 PM yesterday) for the walk-in and he still didn't have his by 9 AM.

Is it even worth swinging by after work around 5 PM to see if there will be more units?

chrisfromalbany
Jun 24, 2010, 10:09 AM
Got there around 5:15, approximately 340 back in the walk-in line. Waited until 8:45 before I had to head to work, so I didn't get one. I'd estimate it was an 8:1 ratio of reserved to walk-in in terms of letting people in. I knew someone that was 20th in line (got there at 4 PM yesterday) for the walk-in and he still didn't have his by 9 AM.

Is it even worth swinging by after work around 5 PM to see if there will be more units?

that is what I am wondering... I figure if people are going to do walk-ins has to be after pre-orders are done unless you want to live @ the apple store all weekend.

bigred643
Jun 24, 2010, 10:15 AM
It's kinda tough to see all these people cutting in line of guys camping all night. Especially since most of us in the walk-in line were just screwed from the pre-order fiasco.

If anyone is near the store today, post some status reports for us at work that are considering a return later today.

chrisfromalbany
Jun 24, 2010, 10:43 AM
It's kinda tough to see all these people cutting in line of guys camping all night. Especially since most of us in the walk-in line were just screwed from the pre-order fiasco.

If anyone is near the store today, post some status reports for us at work that are considering a return later today.

+ one for that..

overanalyzer
Jun 24, 2010, 11:10 AM
Anyone been by lately? How's the line for reserved phones?

wileycoyote
Jun 24, 2010, 01:22 PM

Not accurate at all.

My girlfriend and I got there about midnight last night, we were about 60-70 back in the walk-in (non-reserved) line. Doors opened at 7am, we both had our phones by 9 am. To be honest, I was SUPER impressed with both the speed they moved the line, all the goodies they handed out (coffee, donuts, all sorts of dried fruit, nuts, snacks, etc). I've been to every iPhone release and this was BY FAR the smoothest and most enjoyable. That says ALOT considering I've never spent the night trying to get an iPhone before, only waited in lines the day of like most people.

Again, color me impressed, Apple definately has earned two customers for life (if they keep up the solid products).

chandljc
Jun 24, 2010, 01:52 PM
To be honest, I was SUPER impressed with both the speed they moved the line, all the goodies they handed out (coffee, donuts, all sorts of dried fruit, nuts, snacks, etc).

Again, color me impressed, Apple definately has earned two customers for life (if they keep up the solid products).

+1. I thought it went about as well as it could have this morning. Props to the Boylston St. store

thedoor1
Jun 24, 2010, 02:36 PM
Reserved line.. 2pm arrival, 3:30 done. Umbrellas, waters, etc. smooth.

overanalyzer
Jun 24, 2010, 02:36 PM
In case anyone is still wondering, it took me from about 1:15pm-3pm to go through the reserve line all the way through paying. And they had free water, popsicles and mini-burritos. :)

aykna
Jun 25, 2010, 09:07 AM
Yesterday I started waiting in the walk-in line at 4:30am and finally received my phone at 10:30am or so. I'm very happy even though the wait was long. It was fun and there was food after all.

However I felt bad for my friend who was getting one but had to leave by 8:30 so I went with him this morning to keep him company. The store had plenty at 8am when it opened! I was suprised. We got there around 7:30am and we left by 8:20.

The apple employee that was helping kept saying "at least we didn't wait that long line yesterday." My friend and I just looked at each other.:rolleyes:

achambe
Jun 30, 2010, 12:42 PM
Anyone have a time estimate on the Priority List.

I put my name in on Monday. Have no expectations of getting emailed any time soon, but figured I would ask.

Did you get your phone by putting your name on the priority list?
If so, when did you put your name down, and when did you get emailed?

Thanks

rockyroad55
Apr 26, 2011, 08:11 PM
Anyone know if they will be getting white iphones?