Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enny5

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
Hi guys just last week i got my self imac i7 i have worked my ass off to get it. I know about yellow tint issue. But i am not sure if i have one. I have used Gray and white bar provided in this forum to me they are off slightly i think i can live with this. But when i change by desk top background to solid Gray i can see that top does not matches the bottom i can se yellowish. I was wondering when my imac was made what week it is?. I have used coconut identity card and it say it was made In china between 24, 04 2000 and 30,04 2000 that is right it say 2000 not 2010 So now i am wondering if it was made in April there is big chance it has the yellow tint if it is april model?

I have asked the guy at apple store if it was issue was fixed he said i dont know. So now i am wondering if they give me broken model that they head since early 2010. I mean i would think since apple know about this problem that they would pull all defective imac out of the store and replace them with new fixed one.

So now i am wondering if i should return it get my money back and order one over the web since it might be newer model after April?

Thanks guys

Enny5

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
week

I think my imac is week 17
serial number W8017xxxxx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.