PDA

View Full Version : Knox St - Highland Park, Texas

jap1198
Jun 16, 2010, 01:35 AM
Gonna go to get the iPhone next Thursday, I'm planning to arrive around 5:30-6 am.
Anyone have an estimate as to how long the lines will be or any experiences from last year?

derekgroves
Jun 18, 2010, 09:38 PM
jap1198,

We need to stay in touch. I'm driving over from Shreveport, LA to the Knox Street store but don't know when I should get there. I have one reserved but I don't trust that- I'd still rather be one of the first few (not counting Justin who's there NOW) in line.

It's 2:30 hour drive from Shreveport so I'm either going to leave around midnight Wednesday night or closer to 2-3.

I just question the necessity of camping out too early if I have a reservation.

Any chance you'd be willing to report on the lines at the location closer to launch day? Maybe Wednesday afternoon?

thesmileman
Jun 23, 2010, 10:07 PM
jap1198,

We need to stay in touch. I'm driving over from Shreveport, LA to the Knox Street store but don't know when I should get there. I have one reserved but I don't trust that- I'd still rather be one of the first few (not counting Justin who's there NOW) in line.

It's 2:30 hour drive from Shreveport so I'm either going to leave around midnight Wednesday night or closer to 2-3.

I just question the necessity of camping out too early if I have a reservation.

Any chance you'd be willing to report on the lines at the location closer to launch day? Maybe Wednesday afternoon?

The line is huge. Over 100 people

schulkw
Jun 23, 2010, 11:36 PM

Seriously? My email said there would be a line for those with a reservation...is that the same line?

thesmileman
Jun 24, 2010, 12:08 AM
Seriously? My email said there would be a line for those with a reservation...is that the same line?

They said they were going to sort us in the morning. The line is like 200 people now.

As a side note that guy at the front of the line is kind of a d!ck and full of himself.

Texan78
Jun 24, 2010, 12:12 AM
They said they were going to sort us in the morning. The line is like 200 people now.

As a side note that guy at the front of the line is kind of a d!ck and full of himself.

If you have a reservation you really have no need to camp. The stores are allocated inventory based on reservations and pre-orders. Those orders will be filled first before walk-ins are released and most likely that will be the 25th for walk-ins assuming they still have inventory. Only reason you would need to be there early is if have someone to be like work. Otherwise you can go whenever if you don't mind standing in line and have a day to kill.

cholo4mthe1uluv
Jun 24, 2010, 12:16 AM

lol yeah Justin seemed to start acting as if he was an employee., I talked to him a few times and each time he seemed to get a little more "cocky" but hey when you wait in line for a week I guess you kinda have the right.. I still like him, Justin is a very nice guy. i do not think he means anything by the way he acts..

He has turned into a sorta non official spokesperson for the line..

cholo4mthe1uluv
Jun 24, 2010, 12:17 AM

They will eventually seperate the line for reserved and non. When we campled out for Ipad they came out about 6amish to split up the line.. You will be ok..

cholo4mthe1uluv
Jun 24, 2010, 12:19 AM

haha thats why we left! The people at about 50 and back are probably not gonna get a phone. While we were there we kinda talked to the first 30 or so people and most were getting 2 phones each so that is 60 phones gone right away. I was thinking at most they would have 100 phones.

thesmileman
Jun 24, 2010, 01:47 AM
Line looks to be 500 people (maybe i am wrong but it is a couple of blocks long)

I am concerned and I am 17th in line so I don't know what they are here for.

rmission
Jun 24, 2010, 04:42 AM
Just walked up at 4:30 and talked to an apple rep who had no idea how they were going to eeoerate the line but would figure it out. Lots of people but most are walk ins and I wish them the best. Opted to lay in my car for another hour before braving it. Most are sleeping in their chairs.

xanderlee
Jun 24, 2010, 05:06 AM
Whoever is playing music is driving me insane. :) just saying...

thesmileman
Jun 24, 2010, 05:13 AM
No way to count now. Several blocks long then wraps down another street for several hundred feet. Crazy!

rmission
Jun 24, 2010, 05:59 AM
Just over an hour now

thesmileman
Jun 24, 2010, 06:02 AM
Just under an hour now.

thesmileman
Jun 24, 2010, 06:13 AM
Lines are divided into prereg and walk Ins both lines I can not see the end of. Apple employee is checking in with all the preregistration.

iamsiam
Jun 24, 2010, 06:25 PM
So are the lines tomorrow going to be as long as it was today? When will the lines eventually die down but still have inventory.