Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
I have an iphone with loads of games and apps, and my son is loves playing on them.

He's got to the age when I think he could have an ipod touch, but how do I make sure he will have all my apps?

Will itunes allow me to sync apps accross multiple devices that use the same account details?

Will my apps then not be able to sync onto my iphone?

What steps do I take when I first plug in my ipod later today?

Thanks a lot for any help :)

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Will itunes allow me to sync apps accross multiple devices that use the same account details?

Yes.

No, your apps will appear on both devices.

Plug it in, register it, and let it sync. It'll copy everything to it, just like it does right now with your iPhone.

No prob. :)

MikeDTyke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I have an iphone with loads of games and apps, and my son is loves playing on them.

He's got to the age when I think he could have an ipod touch, but how do I make sure he will have all my apps?

It's fine, as long as it's tethered to the same iTunes account, he can run everything in your iTunes library.

Just plug it in, Give it a recognisable name like 'Johns iPod Touch' and the apps in your library will be available to be added.

M. :D

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
Be careful though, as he will have access to your app store and the purchasing rights that go with it. To prevent this, go to (Settings > Store > Sign Out) if he doesn't know your account password. If he does, go to (Settings > General > Restrictions > Installing Apps > Off). While you're at that menu, you can also set limits on his web and YouTube usage, his iTunes and App Store usage, his location usage to certain apps, and what ratings of certain media he is allowed to play.

Hope this helps,

Slippy

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I posted this earlier but i havent got a response yet, if i were to sync my ipod to my computer and make a account, would i be able to download data on my ipod from a friends computer? What would i have to do if this is possible? Would i just sign into my account on both computers? Thanks for any help.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.