PDA

View Full Version : Salt Lake City, UT (Gateway Apple Store)

fossen
Jun 16, 2010, 01:08 PM
I'll be at the Gateway Apple Store on the 24th, with no reservation.

Anyone with experience there about how long the lines are and how early is "early enough", I'd love to hear! :)

But I'm thinking 5:30 or so? Don't care about being near the front of the line, I just want to be able to get a phone.

PorterRocks
Jun 17, 2010, 10:06 PM
5:30 am? I would imagine the line wont be too long at that time. There will definitely be a few. I'm planning to be there at 6 am. But I've got a reservation. :D

dialed1
Jun 19, 2010, 10:35 PM
Same boat here no reservation. Am hoping since it's a weekday it might be a little less painless.

But i'm wondering if there is even going to be any extras at all hmm....

CarloVonSexron
Jun 20, 2010, 12:07 AM
I've got a reservation, and I'll probably get there around 6. I have nothing better to do. I'll bring my MacBook Pro and stream the World Cup via MyWi on my 3G :D

PorterRocks
Jun 20, 2010, 11:51 PM
I'm gonna be there at 5am instead. Reservation line. Bringing my little (19) bro. See you guys there.

tweder
Jun 23, 2010, 10:47 AM
I'm heading over to the beigeway around 6:00am for the reservation line.

Planning on getting a second phone for my wife as well. We currently have separate lines -- anyone know whether its best to get the family plan setup today in advance, or whether I can just take care of it there?

Hope to see some of you there -- I'm the guy with the command key tattoo'd on my arm, come say hi!

zMudvayne
Jun 23, 2010, 11:56 PM
I'm heading over to the beigeway around 6:00am for the reservation line.

Planning on getting a second phone for my wife as well. We currently have separate lines -- anyone know whether its best to get the family plan setup today in advance, or whether I can just take care of it there?

Hope to see some of you there -- I'm the guy with the command key tattoo'd on my arm, come say hi!

Haha, actually... the command symbol would make an awesome tattoo - - less of a "fanboy" statement than an inside joke. Won't be getting there till about 9AM after class though, so no luck.

You should be okay setting up a family plan through Apple, but it might take some time, Apple's systems never interact well with AT&T's - last year I wasn't allowed to purchase my iPhone 3GS because I wasn't the primary account holder and Apple couldn't access AT&T's system to see that I was an authorized user.

Quina Quen
Jun 24, 2010, 07:46 AM
Hey if anyone at the slc location would like to trade their 16 GB reservation for my 32GB reservation let me know. I'll be walking around with a sign that says just that :)

I'll be checking this forum periodically and if you are interested, tell me where to meet you around the apple store and what you're wearing and we'll do business.