Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

totofroto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
i have proplem with i pad, in that all pdf files open BUT in some of them i am unable to see the pictures, i mean the text ok but the pictures are empty, when i read the same file on PC, it is ok `?????????
any suggetions

ToddAS

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2009
I've had the same problem with the system PDF reader (i.e., the one that Mail and Safari launch), GoodReader, CloudReader, and so on. What I've found with my documents is that the images are visible with PDF versions 1.6 and lower and not visible with PDF version 1.7. A short-term solution is to use Acrobat to downgrade the PDF version.

Todd

totofroto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
pdf

i have tried most of softwares, Good reader, pdf reader, pdf reader pro, easy pdf, and what is strange, i have the same proplem in my HTC HD2.
by the way, how to downgrade and which programm please ??
i have seen my books, the ones in which has been assymbled by acrobat 1,6 ....ok BUT the ones in which has been assembled whith acrobat 1,7 wont read .

Jeff Flowerday

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
Calgary, AB
I've got one that is 1.5 and it won't display iimages in any of the iPad pdf apps. I was told it's something to do with the quartz renderer or something.

lily69

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
I have some PDFs got same problem, the trick is to do a re-print to pdf file (on mac, or use some application on PC too) , problems solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.