Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
All I need is a lame excuse to have my life magically revolutionized, considering that I already have a MacBook and an iPod touch.

So why do I want one, and why would I need one?

Slippy

nowstime

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
All I need is a lame excuse to have my life magically revolutionized, considering that I already have a MacBook and an iPod touch.

So why do I want one, and why would I need one?

Slippy

If you don't know why you want one...probably it's best not to get one. But if you keep thinking about it and try justifying your purchase, it should be better to get one and experience it and then decide...much better for your psychological health...(of course if you have the funds...)...

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
My bigger question now that I have my iPad is; why the heck did I buy that iMac a couple months ago? I hardly even touch my iMac anymore. I do all my net cruising on the iPad. I do almost everything on my iPad now. Anyone want to buy my very lighty used 4 month out iMac 21.5? Nah, I gotta keep it to sync my iPad. In case you can't tell, I LOVE MY iPAD!!!!!

itchystiches

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
UK
nowstime said:
If you don't know why you want one...probably it's best not to get one. But if you keep thinking about it and try justifying your purchase, it should be better to get one and experience it and then decide...much better for your psychological health...(of course if you have the funds...)...

Couldn't have put it better myself. I was debating getting one on launch day, I went after work (5:30) to the local curry's (think best buy, but a whole lot smaller), and to my surprise they still had stock. Played with the display models for 5 minutes and my girl made some remark about the smile I had on my face so I bought it. She bought one too the next morning. Needless to say it may not be the most compelling value proposition but it sure has charisma.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Yo yo yo yo yo......NEW RULE: must read at least the first 3 pages of forum topics before posting. This is getting out of hand people. This topic is posted at least twice a day.

Gib

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
buy it, or the kitten gets it!

gun_kitten.jpg

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
My bigger question now that I have my iPad is; why the heck did I buy that iMac a couple months ago? I hardly even touch my iMac anymore. I do all my net cruising on the iPad. I do almost everything on my iPad now. Anyone want to buy my very lighty used 4 month out iMac 21.5? Nah, I gotta keep it to sync my iPad. In case you can't tell, I LOVE MY iPAD!!!!!

The Mac is the digital hub and iPhone, iPad, iPod backup!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.