PDA

View Full Version : Review of Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse

MacBytes
Oct 20, 2004, 01:07 AM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Review of Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041020020724)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

jdhuskey
Oct 20, 2004, 10:32 AM
I have an older Logitech mouse and keyboard. When I tried to upgrade to LCC (Logitech Control Center) 1.3, I could not even mount the installer's disk image. There was no mountable volume within the .dmg (or .img, can't remember which it was). As with snowdog, who posted a comment on the actual article, Logitech Support also told me that LCC 1.3 DOES NOT SUPPORT OS X 10.3.5. I couldn't even install it to find out if it is truly supported. How hard could this be, and how long after an OS X dot release should customers have to wait to get an update from Logitech? They may have great products, but they have poor Mac support.

Wigletbill
Oct 20, 2004, 10:37 AM
This thing is amazing. I don't even use my 900 Btooth mouse or my MX500 gaming mouse at all anymore. It is perfect. I will never use another. I set up the various buttons for quick app switching and expose.... perfect.

PlaceofDis
Oct 20, 2004, 11:23 AM
i just need a bt version and im sold, ill get rid of my apple bt mouse for the laser one, i like the style too, its one of the first mice besides apple's that i can apreciate style wise....

nagromme
Oct 20, 2004, 02:43 PM
I need BT too--I won't travel with a "wireless" mouse AND base station AND its cord. And I'd rather get a smaller travel mouse (I find smaller mice easier even at home)--but with the same features of this one.

edesignuk
Oct 20, 2004, 02:52 PM
Coming from someone who doesn't want wireless for laptop use, the MX1000 RAWKS with my iMac, I love it!

nagromme
Oct 20, 2004, 05:41 PM
I should mention that, when not traveling, I DO like my "wireless" Logitech trackball (Trackman FX something-or-other--best design ever) with wired RF pod.

I wouldn't have minded if it came in a wired version, though, since it doesn't have to move :)

aswitcher
Oct 20, 2004, 05:53 PM
I need BT too--I won't travel with a "wireless" mouse AND base station AND its cord. And I'd rather get a smaller travel mouse (I find smaller mice easier even at home)--but with the same features of this one.

Yeah, bring on the MX1100 - BT version of MX1000.

Stella
Oct 20, 2004, 05:59 PM

The logitech notebook cordless USB dongle works fine with the MX800 and onwards.. unfortunately you have to buy the notebook cordless mouse in order to get the USB dongle.

nagromme
Oct 20, 2004, 09:54 PM
Cool--good to know. But I don't need and won't carry one more dongle/cable/doodad if I don't have to. One more thing to lose, break, or forget. Bluetooth means I don't have to have a dongle.

PlaceofDis
Oct 21, 2004, 12:04 AM
does anyone know if a BT version is in the works?