PDA

View Full Version : Del Monte Apple Store - Monterey, CA

Loves2spoon
Jun 16, 2010, 04:25 PM
Anyone else going?

RotorPilot
Jun 17, 2010, 03:28 PM
I'll be there bright and early. I was at that store yesterday and two of the employees told me that mall security won't let anyone even try to line up before 5 AM.

runtohell121
Jun 17, 2010, 06:41 PM
I wonder how many people are actually going to that store? Would Bay Area folks head down here just because the city is smaller and might be easier to get than stores in San Jose or San Francisco..?

iOS4
Jun 19, 2010, 12:38 AM
Del Monte Center Security will not let you enter the mall before 6:00am. Don't forget however that AT&T and Best Buy will be carrying the phone as well. You have to guess as to which line you want to be in at 7:00am. Will it be more crowded at Best Buy, AT&T, or Apple?

I wouldn't drive down from the Bay Area just to come to Del Monte. The Del Monte Apple Store is the only Apple store in the whole area. Yes, the Monterey Peninsula is a small peninsula but that's the one store everybody and their brother will be at on Thursday. Plus, imagine driving 1.5 to 2 hours to come all the way to Monterey only to find out you have no iPhone. That would be one long, sad drive home.

runtohell121
Jun 19, 2010, 12:58 AM
You do have a slightly higher chance than SJ/SF though o.O?

Adaline
Jun 19, 2010, 01:31 AM
So basically everyone is waiting till 6 am to show up? What's the plan?

Adaline
Jun 20, 2010, 10:01 PM
?

sonictonic
Jun 20, 2010, 11:34 PM
I'll be there. Probably right at 6am. You guys think we have a good shot? I'm gonna need two of these suckers. :p

runtohell121
Jun 22, 2010, 03:16 PM
I might go =D..

what are the chances of me getting one (16gb) if I arrive at 7AM...?

iOS4
Jun 23, 2010, 10:24 AM
I'll give you $600 each for not showing up. Okay, just kidding. I'm hopeful that since we do live in a small community there will be more chance we'll get one as opposed to the larger towns/cities.

I'll probably show up around 6:00 as well since there's no use sitting in the parking lot until Security will let you in. I just hope there's not a mob scene where people are running just to get in line. It could be pretty crazy but I also think a lot of people looking for the iPhone aren't reading Macrumors and other blogs so they will probably show up all throughout the morning.

See you guys in line and good luck!

Adaline
Jun 24, 2010, 12:36 AM
They're closing the mall off tonite at midnite, what time are you lining up?

Adaline
Jun 24, 2010, 08:15 AM
The lines are crazy here

sliderocity
Jun 24, 2010, 03:21 PM
I stopped in at around 5:45, took one look at the lines, and went back home to bed. So much for the Monterey-is-a-sleepy-coastal-resort-town theory.

Any word on what the stock is like there? I know in other stores they've capped the walk-in lines based on how many units are left.

sliderocity
Jun 24, 2010, 03:35 PM
I stopped in at around 5:45, took one look at the lines, and went back home to bed. So much for the Monterey-is-a-sleepy-coastal-resort-town theory.

Any word on what the stock is like there? I know in other stores they've capped the walk-in lines based on how many units are left.

Nevermind, just called them - all sold out.

runtohell121
Jun 24, 2010, 10:10 PM
Go back tomorrow and camp there before 8 AM. I heard that they were giving out the ones that was reserved but never came pick up.