PDA

View Full Version : Burlington, MA

bli625
Jun 16, 2010, 05:49 PM
Anyone planning to wait in line early at the Burlington Mall in Burlington, MA?

DawnMetropolis
Jun 19, 2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah I might be Camping out overnight. I wasn't able to preorder so i called the apple store to ask if they would have extras, they said that they would. he said he would call me with the details about camping out overnight on monday.

bli625
Jun 19, 2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah I might be Camping out overnight. I wasn't able to preorder so i called the apple store to ask if they would have extras, they said that they would. he said he would call me with the details about camping out overnight on monday.

Cool stuff! Do you mind sharing that info? I plan coming pretty early too so I want to know what the logistics are in terms of.. where to line up, and when they'll let us in.

DawnMetropolis
Jun 20, 2010, 01:47 AM
Yea I'll totally let you know! I'm considering sleeping over, but i dont think many people are going to do THAT. if you get any info yourself, please let me know. Ill PM you the info so that there isn't a mad rush that morning with the same intel. See you then dude!

bli625
Jun 20, 2010, 09:14 AM
Yea I'll totally let you know! I'm considering sleeping over, but i dont think many people are going to do THAT. if you get any info yourself, please let me know. Ill PM you the info so that there isn't a mad rush that morning with the same intel. See you then dude!

Definitely! Thursday needs to come quickly.

zhaofa90
Jun 21, 2010, 02:34 AM
hey dawn, I'm thinking about doing the same about the camping overnight since I wasn't able to reserve one either. Could you share or PM what details the employees tell/told you?

Thanks!

JulesBF
Jun 21, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hey all,

I will alsobe arriving early. I made a reservation, but I want to make sure they don't happen to run out of inventory before I make it to the front of the line! I figure I too will probably head over earlier than later. Dawn, if you'd be willing, I love to hear what the store had to say about overnighting it.

I'll see you bright and early Thursday AM!

Jules

xcman922
Jun 21, 2010, 05:30 PM
I'd be curious if the Burlington Mall allows for overnight camping, as to my knowledge the malls in Dedham, Natick and Chestnut Hill do not.

wahnfrieden
Jun 22, 2010, 08:07 AM
The mall opens at 10am - so the Apple store opens then too? Are we allowed to line up any earlier than that? I guess we would be lining up outside the mall at one of the entrances then?

MrE1617
Jun 23, 2010, 07:33 AM
The mall opens at 10am - so the Apple store opens then too? Are we allowed to line up any earlier than that? I guess we would be lining up outside the mall at one of the entrances then?

Any store selling an iPhone 4 will open at 7 A.M.

DawnMetropolis
Jun 23, 2010, 07:49 AM
So i talked to security, and it seems as thought they are not allowing camping out. knowing security guards though, he could've made it up to try and make his job easier. I got kicked out of the nashua mall at 3 AM for the ipad launch, so lets hope the same doesnt happen here. I personally am showing up at three in the am at burlington. Hopefully this is early enough. I talked to the one of the employees last week about the number of the iphone they have, and he said that the number of 'walk-in phones' is based on the number of reservations made with the store. He than followed it up with, "and we got as many reservations as the tax free stores...". so I think if we all show up super early, I think we can snag that front of the line and be ok. Cheers everyone, and good luck!

uhhitsjames
Jun 23, 2010, 07:55 AM
Anyone ever been to an iPhone launch at Burlington so we know what we're getting into? I went last year for the 3GS at 8am and the line wasn't even an hour, but that was the 3GS so I'd imagine the first generation and the 3G were a bit crazier. See you guys in the morning.

Nothlit
Jun 23, 2010, 10:19 AM
Anyone ever been to an iPhone launch at Burlington so we know what we're getting into?

I was there for the 3G launch. Tried to go in the morning before work without a reservation (I don't even remember if they had reservations way back then :p). When I got there, the line was all the way down the corridor to the mall entrance near the Radio Shack, and wrapped around back up toward the jewelry place. I ended up leaving because I needed to get to work, and it was obvious they were only getting through about one customer every 5-10 minutes due to all of the activation problems that plagued the 3G launch. I went back that afternoon around 4 PM. At that point, the line was shorter than it had been in the morning, but I still had to wait 3 hours before I got mine.

This year I've placed a reservation at the Nashua store so I can avoid the sales tax. I wouldn't mind paying tax on $199, but the wacky way Massachusetts calculates sales tax on subsidized cell phones drove me away (they tax you on the full value of the phone -- $599 or $699 -- not the amount you're actually paying, which is ridiculous).

uhhitsjames
Jun 23, 2010, 11:22 AM
(they tax you on the full value of the phone -- $599 or $699 -- not the amount you're actually paying, which is ridiculous).

Didn't know this. Should of made my reservation at Nashua, oh well I guess I'll just have to pay it.

I emailed the mall asking them what time the doors for the mall are opening and they said 6am. No word yet on if camping or line forming before 6am is allowed, or what entrance they are opening at 6am(assuming its the one near Unos and Bank of America). I just sent them another email to get that info and will update when I found out.

uhhitsjames
Jun 23, 2010, 11:35 AM
According to the email I just got from them, no lines are allowed to form before the doors open at 6, so it looks like campers are out of luck.

amybang
Jun 23, 2010, 04:13 PM
I was there for the 3G launch. I think I arrived around 5:30. There were maybe 10 people in line outside the mall. I didn't know where people would be, so I drove around the whole mall and saw them lined up outside the big entrance at Legal Seafood.

Around 6am, they let us inside and we all lined up next to the store. The lines did get long before they started selling (which I think was 8am that year, but I can't remember for sure). They let in a handful of us at a time and we had stations to go to where first we sat at a computer and reviewed the terms of service and then we were assigned to an employee who processed our credit card and activation/service change (I had a 1st gen that I was upgrading).

I was in the first batch let in the store and it took me about 30 mins to buy my phone and leave. At that time of the morning, there weren't activation problems yet, so it was a pleasant, painless process.

I'll be there in the morning myself, but I have a reservation this time, so I'll be in that line.

DawnMetropolis
Jun 24, 2010, 12:45 AM
Currently at the mall laying low in my car. Saw a few apple employees on a smoke break, and they gave me a bit of a "awwww man..." look. Told me o chck back at 4. Just going to sleep in my car. Tell me when u guys get here.

JulesBF
Jun 24, 2010, 05:09 AM
I'm here in line. Maybe 30th or so in the reserves line and I only just arrived at 5:50. They came out and told us we will be good to go at 7. Just hoping the line moves quick so I can get a nap in before work :p

amybang
Jun 24, 2010, 05:51 AM
At 6:50 the reserves line is well over 100 people and the non-reserves winds the other way and the end can't be seen. The Apple Store is sending around carts with coffee and donuts to feed us.

IceAero
Jun 24, 2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the updates everyone!

I guess I better get my butt over there...

amybang
Jun 24, 2010, 06:19 AM
Just heard a store employee say that they will cut off the Reserves line at 3pm. If you aren't in the line by then, you won't get your phone today. If you were planning to come in after work to pick up your reserved phone, call to make sure you still can or whether what I heard was true.

UPDATE: When I got to the front, I asked another employee about this and she said they'd be filling reservations until 9pm and that the other woman was wrong. That was how they did it for the iPad launch, but they expect to let iPhone reservations in until 9pm. I'd still call to make sure if you were planning on waiting until later in the day.

Also, took about 5 minutes to get my phone once I got in the store. It helps if you don't read the service agreements. I got home a bit ago and the new phone is currently restoring to my 3GS backup from last night. The activation went smoothly and quickly.

ilp
Jun 24, 2010, 06:39 AM
In the walkins line right now, got here at 6:30, probably looks like I'm 100-150th in line. About another 50-75 ppl behind me.

Line is moving slowly, hoping I can get out before 10am.

ilp
Jun 24, 2010, 03:32 PM
Walked in at 6:30am, walked out at 1:15pm with a 32GB. Yay, but holy **** that's a long wait. I don't think I'm doing this again.