Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaktusdigital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Hi everyone,

Let me begin by just introducing my current setup and use
I run a diy win7 pc, (i7 + 8gb ram, SSD, 260GTX)
I use the adobe suite and 3dsmax + Vray.

I would love to be able to run 3dsmax + vray through paralells with minimal resource loss in comparison to running through bootcamp.
Has anyone had this kind of setup before? Vray is licensed through a license server .exe, is there anyway to have this work within the osx environment through paralells/fusion?

Another issue is, is there anyway to get a digital audio out from the imac?

As i understand the imac has wireless N and also an ethernet jack. Can I use both at the same time? I would like to connect via ethernet to my renderfarm and get internet connection from my wireless

I know some of these questions are rather specific, but any help you can offer is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Henry

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Vray is licensed through a license server .exe, is there anyway to have this work within the osx environment through paralells/fusion?
Parallels/Fusion is just Windows so that should work fine unless it was a hardware key other than USB (e.g. FireWire audio will not work in a VM).
Another issue is, is there anyway to get a digital audio out from the imac?
Under OS X or Boot Camp sure. The 3.5 mm jacks double as analog and digital/optical I/O. Not sure about how that is supported from within a VM, probably fine but I have no first hand experience.
As i understand the imac has wireless N and also an ethernet jack. Can I use both at the same time? I would like to connect via ethernet to my renderfarm and get internet connection from my wireless
Sure. You can even add wired USB adapters and push them into the VM so the VM can have it's own separate wired connection.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.