Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ELKMAN90210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2010
So I just got an iPad yesterday (32gb 3g) and I have noticed that the internet is really slow. I have an app on my iPhone and iPad that shows you Internet speeds. The iPhone showed as having a 3178kbps download speed and 2726kbps while the iPad only had 173kbps download and 3030 upload, so I know that the wifi isn't slow. Any ideas of what I could do? Thanks

Modacke

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
So I just got an iPad yesterday (32gb 3g) and I have noticed that the internet is really slow. I have an app on my iPhone and iPad that shows you Internet speeds. The iPhone showed as having a 3178kbps download speed and 2726kbps while the iPad only had 173kbps download and 3030 upload, so I know that the wifi isn't slow. Any ideas of what I could do? Thanks

Yea it's pretty known that some iPads has wifi issues. Apple said it is working on a software fix, but I suggest you take it back to the store for a new one and test the new iPad there to see if it has the same wifi problems as your old iPad.

ELKMAN90210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Will I still be able to return it if I have jailbroken it? Or do I need to remove the jailbreak?

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
Will I still be able to return it if I have jailbroken it? Or do I need to remove the jailbreak?

You will need to remove the jailbreak. The iPad 3G and wifi have wireless issues, primarily dropping connection and then reconnecting quickly (only the icon gives it away as it flickers). I use WPA2 AES (stronger than TKIP) and it still drops intermittently. Seems to me to be a software issue and possible lease keeps renewing upon connection.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA

As mentioned above, don't try going to Apple with a jailbroken device. First, they'll think you're an idiot to do so. Second, if they're serious they'll void your warranty as per their terms and conditions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.