PDA

View Full Version : Denver, CO - Aspen Grove

OUTofPRINT
Jun 16, 2010, 10:59 PM
Anybody gonna be going to the Aspen Grove store in Denver?

beaucredo
Jun 17, 2010, 04:31 PM
I'll be there. Probably around 6ish.

hexonxonx
Jun 18, 2010, 04:59 AM
That's where I go every year. I'll be there at 4AM again this year. It's actually Littleton.

Jusder
Jun 18, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hey Hex, you said you've been there is past years? I just moved here, how long were the lines in previous years? Is 4 a good time to get there to be in front?

hexonxonx
Jun 19, 2010, 03:22 PM
Hey Hex, you said you've been there is past years? I just moved here, how long were the lines in previous years? Is 4 a good time to get there to be in front?

I was there at 4AM last year and there were only about 10 people waiting. I got in the line at about 5AM and there were the same 10 people.

This year is going to be allot different because it seems allot more people want this phone.

I pre-ordered last year and this year. Last year, they had two lines, one for pre-orders and one for those who didn't. The pre-order line got to go in the store before those who didn't so in the pre-order line, I was actually third in line.

I'm still going to show up at 4AM this year, I just don't see a point of getting there any earlier with a pre-order.

Jusder
Jun 19, 2010, 04:20 PM
I was there at 4AM last year and there were only about 10 people waiting. I got in the line at about 5AM and there were the same 10 people.

This year is going to be allot different because it seems allot more people want this phone.

I pre-ordered last year and this year. Last year, they had two lines, one for pre-orders and one for those who didn't. The pre-order line got to go in the store before those who didn't so in the pre-order line, I was actually third in line.

I'm still going to show up at 4AM this year, I just don't see a point of getting there any earlier with a pre-order.

Well, unfortunately I couldn't get through to get a pre-order, so I guess I'll be there bright and early to make sure I'm in the front...I have to take the bus and light rail and am coming from Denver, so I have to leave at 1 to get there by 4..haha. I guess I'll bring a pot of coffee with me haha.

Did you notice when they started letting the non pre-order line get into the store last year?

hexonxonx
Jun 19, 2010, 04:32 PM
Did you notice when they started letting the non pre-order line get into the store last year?

I didn't notice because the store opened at 7AM and I was out of there at 7.10.

Jusder
Jun 21, 2010, 09:56 PM
What time are other people thinking of showing up?

beaucredo
Jun 22, 2010, 12:25 AM
I have a preorder, Ill probably be there around 6-6:30. I'd rather get the extra sleep and wait a little longer than get there earlier.

Jusder
Jun 22, 2010, 04:31 AM
I have a preorder, Ill probably be there around 6-6:30. I'd rather get the extra sleep and wait a little longer than get there earlier.

The smart way to do it! haha. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pre-order in and I upgraded my 3G to the iOS4 today and boy is it sluggish, so I NEED an I4, so I will be there bright and early to make sure :)

djinn
Jun 22, 2010, 08:44 AM
The smart way to do it! haha. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pre-order in and I upgraded my 3G to the iOS4 today and boy is it sluggish, so I NEED an I4, so I will be there bright and early to make sure :)

Me and a couple of friends missed the pre-order also. We're still all trying to decide when to head to the store.

I'm curious how many phones will be available to walk-ins.

Acevesx
Jun 22, 2010, 11:19 AM
I think I'll show up about 5am for my reservation

Wateroksnmud
Jun 22, 2010, 04:45 PM
Well, I'm going to be camping out, getting there about 10pm Wednesday night. Would like to be first 5 and this year looks like it's a bit more of a "want" for a lot of people. If you feel like camping out, let me know. Sleeping bag, therm-a-rest , and a little safety ;) I'll be in the Giants hat. See you in the a.m.

Acevesx
Jun 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
damn you're making me wonder if I should get there earlier!

dukebound85
Jun 22, 2010, 05:02 PM
im debating where to go.......i was thinking flatirons

hexonxonx
Jun 22, 2010, 05:05 PM
im debating where to go.......i was thinking flatirons

Flatirons is a mall though so they won't allow people inside until 6AM, same with Cherry Creek. Boulder would probably be the best bet if you want to make sure you have a good place in line early.

I'm not sure if they allow a line outside a mall before 6AM.

Godzirra!
Jun 22, 2010, 05:08 PM
flatirons will let you in. i was there for the ipad launch, people were there all night waiting for it. I didnt show up until like 7:30 for my reservation and there were alot of people waiting in line at that point for the non reserve. I will probably show up there at something like 4 am. i dont know if the demand is really as huge as it is or if it was a bunch of idiots pre-ordering more than one at more than one place to make sure they get one.

OUTofPRINT
Jun 22, 2010, 05:20 PM
What time are you guys showing up? I don't have a reservation, and I'm not sure when to go.

Wateroksnmud
Jun 22, 2010, 05:42 PM
damn you're making me wonder if I should get there earlier!

Well in sacramento, for the 3gs launch, i showed at 4am to an ATT store and was the 6oth person in line. This is my first launch in CO.

Acevesx
Jun 22, 2010, 06:50 PM
iPad launch I got to Aspen grove around 6am and was about 10th in line in the pre order line I dunno this iPhone seems to be a whole nother animal

Godzirra!
Jun 22, 2010, 07:23 PM
im goin around 4 am. shouldnt be too long of a line then. There is plenty of apple stores people will be spreading across, and alot of the reservations i think were people putting in multiple everywhere to guarantee they have one. Shouldnt be more than 10-40 in line at that point, but maybe im way off.

dalemono
Jun 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
Trying to figure out where to go. What are the lines like there?

djinn
Jun 23, 2010, 09:09 PM
Trying to figure out where to go. What are the lines like there?

About 16 people

Acevesx
Jun 23, 2010, 10:19 PM
Djinn you passed by already and there was 16 people?

djinn
Jun 23, 2010, 11:06 PM
Djinn you passed by already and there was 16 people?

I'm number 10 right now. There about 30 people here.

Acevesx
Jun 23, 2010, 11:08 PM
Damn you're kidding me, are you in pre order line or walk in?

Godzirra!
Jun 23, 2010, 11:11 PM
did anyone end up going to the flatirons store? 30 doesnt sound very bad, considering i bet they get over 1,000 phones in total

Acevesx
Jun 23, 2010, 11:14 PM
I think djinn is at Aspen grove and in think he's in the walk in line judging by previous posts. I'm wondering what the preorder line is like, thinking of showing up at 5 am depending on what djinn says

Godzirra!
Jun 23, 2010, 11:16 PM
i have to drive down from foco, so im gonna keep checking on here and hope that there will be an update. Thinking of leaving at 5 to get there around 6. have to be back to work by 2, so i hope i will be leaving the store by noon at the latest.

djinn
Jun 23, 2010, 11:20 PM
I think djinn is at Aspen grove and in think he's in the walk in line judging by previous posts. I'm wondering what the preorder line is like, thinking of showing up at 5 am depending on what djinn says

I'm in walkin. One pre order in front of me. At 7 they will divide the lines.

djinn
Jun 24, 2010, 12:02 AM
yawn.. fun stuff... Line isn't around the corner yet.

Godzirra!
Jun 24, 2010, 12:12 AM
Looks like I know where I am going.

hexonxonx
Jun 24, 2010, 12:56 AM
yawn.. fun stuff... Line isn't around the corner yet.

I'm not showing up till about 4. Last year, they formed the lines at about 6.30 or so and had some people working the lines verifying pre-orders as well as eligibility.

Wateroksnmud
Jun 24, 2010, 01:01 AM
Anyone need anything? I'm on my way...

hexonxonx
Jun 24, 2010, 01:03 AM
Anyone need anything? I'm on my way...

Wait you are too early. Don't show up until after I do at 4 ok...

Thanks
:D

dukebound85
Jun 24, 2010, 01:10 AM
i have to drive down from foco, so im gonna keep checking on here and hope that there will be an update. Thinking of leaving at 5 to get there around 6. have to be back to work by 2, so i hope i will be leaving the store by noon at the latest.

Nice another foco person! There are about 40-50 in the non reservation line at flat irons and about 5 in the reservation line

Wateroksnmud
Jun 24, 2010, 01:49 AM
Here @ 12:30 and around 70 people in line. They will consolidate reservations/ walk in's in the morning.

Godzirra!
Jun 24, 2010, 02:05 AM
man 40-50 there already with only 200 set aside for walk ins. looks like im waitin until tuesday to go pick one up from att

hexonxonx
Jun 24, 2010, 02:08 AM
Here @ 12:30 and around 70 people in line. They will consolidate reservations/ walk in's in the morning.

Yeah, same as last year. I have a reservation and I'm still not showing up till 4AM. Once they sort the lines, the reservation line will be allot smaller than the walk ups.

OUTofPRINT
Jun 24, 2010, 02:51 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just got here, it's 1:50. The lines all the way around th corner.

dukebound85
Jun 24, 2010, 03:14 AM
Holy ****** I'm cold. Shoulda worn jeans or brought a blanket or something lol

hexonxonx
Jun 24, 2010, 03:16 AM
Holy ****** I'm cold. Shoulda worn jeans or brought a blanket or something lol

Last year it rained on 3GS release day so it was very cold. I think the temp was down around 45 or so, so it was very cold. I'm bringing a jacket. Update on the line length?

dukebound85
Jun 24, 2010, 03:47 AM
Almost to the parking lot. Easily 3 times as long since when I got here. Getting hard to estimate numbers lol

Rovershack
Jun 24, 2010, 05:25 AM
Just showed up. The line is around the corner, to the end of the building and back to the parking lot.

Hey, Dukebound, I have a blanket for you. Come find me. In a red chair by the grass.

hexonxonx
Jun 24, 2010, 05:27 AM
Just showed up. The line is around the corner, to the end of the building and back to the parking lot.

Hey, Dukebound, I have a blanket for you. Come find me. In a red chair by the grass.

Because of the line, I've decided to just show up around 9-10 since I have a reservation. Hopefully the line will go down quite a bit by then. I also know that I will get ahead of anyone who doesn't have a reservation.

Acevesx
Jun 24, 2010, 05:50 AM
I'm here,by the stop sign, after the lign wraps around near the building lmao, I'm waiting until they split the lines and hoping the reservation line is a lot smaller.

Any estimation form who you've talked to of the split of walkins and reservations?

Rovershack
Jun 24, 2010, 06:13 AM
I heard that about half of the first 60 people have reservations.

Acevesx
Jun 24, 2010, 06:32 AM
Well crap "should i stay or should i go" lol

Rovershack
Jun 24, 2010, 10:04 AM
When I left the store at 8AM with my phone, there were probably 100+ people in the line for reservations... and probably the same for no reservations. They are letting 1 walk-in person in the store for every 20 reservation people. Those walk-in are going to be there for awhile. However, they will let you take the phone to activate at home.

Acevesx
Jun 24, 2010, 10:34 AM
When I left the store at 8AM with my phone, there were probably 100+ people in the line for reservations... and probably the same for no reservations. They are letting 1 walk-in person in the store for every 20 reservation people. Those walk-in are going to be there for awhile. However, they will let you take the phone to activate at home.

nice meetin ya rovershack, I was one of the first 50 in, and at that time they were doing one every 50, did they change it!

Rovershack
Jun 24, 2010, 11:14 AM
nice meetin ya rovershack, I was one of the first 50 in, and at that time they were doing one every 50, did they change it!

I was like the third person through after the first large wave, and that's just what I overheard the front door person say. It might have been 50:1...

Enjoy the phone!!!

Much needed upgrade over my 3G.

dukebound85
Jun 24, 2010, 11:48 AM

Jeebus...I was getting upset at how quick the reservation people were being ushered after being there since 10pm....

Got out by 945

Nice upgrade from my 3g

Cronkodile
Jun 24, 2010, 02:40 PM
FYI, Stopped by around noon, I was told the reservation line was about an hour and a half long. They had sold out of walk-in phones but there was still a (separate, about equal length) line to put your name on the reservation list. Had to get to work but I'll prolly swing by around 2 or 3 again.

(Hi, btw)

hexonxonx
Jun 24, 2010, 02:46 PM
did anyone end up going to the flatirons store? 30 doesnt sound very bad, considering i bet they get over 1,000 phones in total

I did. Ended up not using my two reservations at Aspen Grove and went to Flatirons. Line wasn't too bad to start, just barely reached the side walk before the parking lot. We got there at 5AM as walk ins and left at about noon.

Walk ins and reserves got equal time more or less, one or two of each went into the store at a time.