Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
With the update iOS 4 coming up and support for bluetooth keyboards being included, what small, fold up keyboard would y'all recommend for use with my iPod Touch? Also, any simple word or text programs available for free?

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Anyone used this one? Looks like a few online places offer it.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
You could just look at user reviews, i didnt know there were such thing.

pdj

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010
word or text prog?

With the update iOS 4 coming up...any simple word or text programs available for free?

I've used a couple of doc prog, but the two that i prefer are Dactylo & Documents2 Free. Dactylo has diff fonts to choose from, colors & will send it directly to email program if selected. Doc2 Free allows you to have folders, document selections: text doc, spreadsheets, paint or photo, haven't come across a limit yet, allows wifi sharing, & you can save docs in google & share through google as well. Hope this helps.....

pdj

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010
Question if really compatible

Comments RE: keyboard suggestion for iPod touch ~ ~

@ appleguy123 - when I used the link provided, the keyboard displayed is for the iPad — not the iPod touch. By the reviews, it's debatable if it is worth the trouble of ordering……:confused:

@ dark-saito -
Quote:
One would think. But if not, you can always take it back to the retailer.
Jul 8, 2010 07:19

Very true, but sometimes that's more trouble than an item is worth — especially if you live 60-80 miles from the nearest retailer. As you mentioned, one would "think" that it would work — BUT — isn't Apple fairly efficient when listing the products that are compatible w/ the item being sold & and the requirements needed? :apple:

:) If anyone DOES find a keyboard "specifically" for the iPod Touch — PLEASE — post it here. I would LOVE to have one!! Maybe several of us should get together and design one!!!!! :D

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
:) If anyone DOES find a keyboard "specifically" for the iPod Touch — PLEASE — post it here. I would LOVE to have one!! Maybe several of us should get together and design one!!!!! :D
I am using my iPad keyboard dock AND the Apple BT keyboard with my iPod Touch 4G. (they also work with the 3G) Both work flawlessly.

poematik14

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2009
PlainText is a great, simple app for document creation. I did a few class assignments on it and its pretty nice. It can also save directly to your dropbox if you set it up. And its FREE :DD

Actually, with dropbox, plaintext, and a few other apps, the 4th generation iPod touch can be a nice little computer replacement.

I think the compact bluetooth keyboard is the best bet so far, but there are iPhone 4 slide out keyboards coming, and perhaps with a little hackery you can make an iPod touch 4g fit into the slot.

apidi

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2010
iPod Touch 4G and wireless keyboards

I am using my iPad keyboard dock AND the Apple BT keyboard with my iPod Touch 4G. (they also work with the 3G) Both work flawlessly.

Does the Touch just sit happily in the Dock??

Also (speaking as someone who can't afford an iPad and doesn't want to buy an Android) is it OK working on text documents on such a small screen, or do you want to stop after 5 seconds?

Thanks

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Does the Touch just sit happily in the Dock??

Also (speaking as someone who can't afford an iPad and doesn't want to buy an Android) is it OK working on text documents on such a small screen, or do you want to stop after 5 seconds?

Thanks
Yes. A naked iPod Touch 4G sits happily in the iPad dock. I wanted to use it with my Griffin Reveal case so I dremeled the backplate of the dock so that it would fit.

As for working on a small screen, it is highly subjective. Even for these aging eyes, working on the Touch for text at notebook distance is fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.