Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alm99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Saw this deal on another forum and thought I would post if anyone is looking for something inexpensive to hold you over until the case you really want is released, ex: Otterbox. Only downside is 2-3 weeks to arrive, but if you are not going to get your iPhone until July 2nd it may come the same day.

iPhone 4 Screen Protector $1.99 for one, $3.99 for two

iPhone 4 Silicone Case $2.27

Indyan

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2007
Don't buy cheap cases. The adshesive used in those cases can be hard to remove later on. Also most of them get scratched within a few weeks and creates more trouble.
My fav case is InvisibleSHIELD from Zagg. It's a bit expensive, but there is a contest from where you can grab InvisibleSHIELD or any other premium case for free.

Phenomkickz

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
I bought a screen protector from Stealhguards. It is a full body and it comes with 2. Thats right 2!!!! and it was only 9.99

Doesnt have the plastic feel like the zagg

Buy 2 Full bodies for 9.99$

336X280_iphone4.jpg

Any pics?

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I wish more manufacturers had gotten their acts together sooner so we don't all have to buy crappy temporary cases.

Kinda hard to blame third party manufacturers. Apple didn't release iPhone 4 specs early enough for them to be ready for launch. Many of them didn't get exact measurements until the device was released on the 24th. Even those who guessed closely are now scrambling to fix issues related to the flash...something they could have tested/prepared for if they had specs early.

Not only that, but Apple significantly underestimated initial demand...so they didn't even get to take advantage of the brief opportunity they had to sell overpriced bumpers before the 3rd party market cranked up the accessory pipeline.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Don't buy cheap cases. The adshesive used in those cases can be hard to remove later on. Also most of them get scratched within a few weeks and creates more trouble.

:confused: I've been using cheap cases since the 3rd Gen iPod. Never had any problems with them. Same goes for cheap screen protectors. They always come off, no prob and never leave a residue. I've got a .99 jobber on my iP4 right now. If there any any issue w/ the one I have it's a hair longer than the iPhone, but for .99 I really can't be too picky so I have it a trim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.