PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio, TX - North Star

Gatormedic
Jun 17, 2010, 10:07 AM
So...who all is picking up their phones at North Star on the 24th? What time are you going to get there?

tripjammer
Jun 18, 2010, 09:28 AM
So...who all is picking up their phones at North Star on the 24th? What time are you going to get there?

I am going LaCantera. I will be there at 7am!

rubdom
Jun 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
I'll be there +3. We are getting there around 7am. All of us have reservations. I am hoping to get out of there before 9am so I can make it to work. Crossing fingers that AT&T doesn't blow it.

c2one
Jun 19, 2010, 12:51 AM
I'll be there no later than 5. It will be 5 of us going, all pre ordered. I went for the iPad launch and was there 3 hours before the store opened and was 3rd in line. I am afraid that AT&T's servers will crash again so I want to be there as early as possible.

As for the 3G launch I went about 1 1/2 hours before and was about 45th in line.

I might drive by around midnight to see if there are any lines forming, I live close to the mall.

puma17
Jun 19, 2010, 10:18 AM
This is my first time participating in the launch of a new iPhone. How do the lines work at north star compared to la cantera? I figured getting a day early in line would be best. Is that too early for the line to have start? I am hoping to get a white iPhone, concidering they may only have a limited stock. I want a good spot in line. What's everyone feedback from past experiences and when you plan to start to line up?

c2one
Jun 20, 2010, 10:25 AM
This is my first time participating in the launch of a new iPhone. How do the lines work at north star compared to la cantera? I figured getting a day early in line would be best. Is that too early for the line to have start? I am hoping to get a white iPhone, concidering they may only have a limited stock. I want a good spot in line. What's everyone feedback from past experiences and when you plan to start to line up?

La Cantera has had it's fair share of difficulties, sometimes they don't even let you park until a certain time. Sometimes they make you line up start lining up right outside the mall and multiple lines will start in different areas. It's been unpredictable...

As for Northstar, I have never seen anybody line up before 4am. I'm not sure what time they open the doors to the mall but I know it's no later than 6. It's nice to be inside the mall as opposed to outside at La Cantera.

While,I do not believe it will be necessary to line up 24 hours in advance, the iPhone 4 hype is pretty big. If you want to be first in line I would probably get there at midnight and just sit in ur car in the parking lot closest to the apple store. Preferably with a view to the doors. So u can watch when security unlocks the mall. I believe this is what others have done in the past. It might be a little misleading because Apple employees park in this area and they will be there overnight setting up the store. So there will be cars, I drive by at midnight to see if I see people sitting in there cars, if not I'll go home.

So right now my plan is to get there between 4:30 and 5:00...

Will they have white iPhones available?

tripjammer
Jun 21, 2010, 06:37 PM
Hey I am gonna roll to La Cantera at 6:30...sure I won't be the first, but I have a reserve so all I got to do is stand in the line to get my black 32GB Iphone 4.

I have a friend who is going to North Star, and he says he will be there at 5:30 to 6. I think he will read this forum for info. Lets get both of these and the La Cantera thread going. See y'all this Thursday!

Gatormedic
Jun 22, 2010, 08:25 AM
I was going to get there around 5am...have to get to work and am worried about a meltdown, especially after hourly meltdowns everytime a new timezone came on board during the 3G launch...

tripjammer
Jun 22, 2010, 04:18 PM
I forgot about the meltdowns....that is gonna suck!

How long does it take for them to sell you the phone? How many people can they support at the same time?

Gatormedic
Jun 22, 2010, 08:08 PM
I forgot about the meltdowns....that is gonna suck!

How long does it take for them to sell you the phone? How many people can they support at the same time?

Honestly, it should only take about 5-7 minutes...I'm bringing my computer and have Mobile Me, so I won't need any transfer of contacts or apps downloaded...I'm going to get the phone and get back to my safe car as quick as possible (don't want to get mugged)...

haha

styleGIO
Jun 23, 2010, 06:38 AM
What exactly is the meltdown?

I was thinking of being there at 5-6am. Which doors are usually open early? Should I reserve before arriving?

c2one
Jun 23, 2010, 06:51 AM
What exactly is the meltdown?

Meltdown = AT&T Servers

When activations start hitting AT&T servers for all the new iPhones everything comes to a halt. It ends up taking about 30 mins to get through to AT&T and apple can not sell the phone until that happens.

The meltdown usually starts about 5-10 minutes after the doors open. So if your first in-line more than likely you will be in and out, if not, you will be stuck twiddling your thumbs trying to have a meaningful conversation with the Apple store employee. Then you have the other time zones to worry about. Once their clock hits 7am, it slows down even more... Big meltdowns!

styleGIO
Jun 23, 2010, 07:08 AM
ok great...

Just found out they are not taking iPhone reservations.

http://reserve.apple.com/WebObjects/ProductReservation.woa/wa/reserveProduct?lang=en&country=US#

But they are taking Genius Bar reservations not that THAT would guarantee an iPhone sale at 11'ish. I guess i'll bring reading material.

Gatormedic
Jun 23, 2010, 08:36 AM
The door that usually is open before the mall opens is the one off of Rector across from the parking garage...That's where I'm going!

styleGIO
Jun 23, 2010, 10:01 AM
The door that usually is open before the mall opens is the one off of Rector across from the parking garage...That's where I'm going!

You talking about the one where EyeMasters, Radio Shack, Banana Republic are? Thats the one I always go through anyways...its the closest one to the Apple Store anyway.

ckeck
Jun 23, 2010, 10:32 AM
You talking about the one where EyeMasters, Radio Shack, Banana Republic are? Thats the one I always go through anyways...its the closest one to the Apple Store anyway.

That would be the one -- I'll probably get there +2 around 5-6AM

c2one
Jun 23, 2010, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know what time the doors open to the mall?

I don't know why but I have 4am stuck in my head.

Anybody going tonight?

socali202
Jun 23, 2010, 12:31 PM

I am new to SA, and plan on going to NorthStar around 4 am. (retarded me, I missed the pre-order) It seems like Rector is the best door to go through... Is that correct? Who else is going at that time? Would love some company!

Gatormedic
Jun 23, 2010, 12:42 PM
:apple:Yes, that is the door I'm talking about...I doubt that it will be open at 4am...I hope someone takes the lead and separates the pre-order folks from the folks that didn't...:apple:

Taqito
Jun 23, 2010, 12:57 PM
I was thinking about getting there at about 5am but mainly for the slim to nothing chance that there might be white ones available... but now I am thinking since I have a reservation for a black 32gb I might just wait till after work.

ckeck
Jun 23, 2010, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know what time the doors open to the mall?

I don't know why but I have 4am stuck in my head.

Anybody going tonight?

I emailed NS Mall and they said the doors to the mall are opening between 5AM-6AM.

styleGIO
Jun 23, 2010, 01:43 PM
...mainly for the slim to nothing chance that there might be white ones available...

You will have to wait on the white ones....

Apple today released the following statement:

White models of Apple's new iPhone 4 have proven more challenging to manufacture than expected, and as a result they will not be available until the second half of July.

The availability of the more popular iPhone 4 black models is not affected.

Source: Apple Inc.

c2one
Jun 23, 2010, 04:25 PM
I am new to SA, and plan on going to NorthStar around 4 am. (retarded me, I missed the pre-order) It seems like Rector is the best door to go through... Is that correct? Who else is going at that time? Would love some company!

I am going with a group of people, well 5 of us. Just got off the phone with them. We will be there at 4am now. :eek: I am going to be sleeeeeepy

I'm sure others will be there as well.

Just noticed, That is less then 12 hours from now!

socali202
Jun 23, 2010, 04:47 PM
:apple:Yes, that is the door I'm talking about...I doubt that it will be open at 4am...I hope someone takes the lead and separates the pre-order folks from the folks that didn't...:apple:

Just left Apple, and yes, preorder folks will have their own line...

socali202
Jun 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
I am going with a group of people, well 5 of us. Just got off the phone with them. We will be there at 4am now. :eek: I am going to be sleeeeeepy

I'm sure others will be there as well.

Just noticed, That is less then 12 hours from now!

Well, I'll see you there!! I'll be the nerdy looking one in a lawn chair watching movies on my iPad and drinking buckets of coffee

Lruiz
Jun 23, 2010, 07:19 PM
So everyone arriving at north star around 4am? If so mall security doesn't tell you anything about lining outside because I know that at la cantera they won't allow anyone there until 6am but if they do let you then north star it is see you there guys

c2one
Jun 24, 2010, 04:12 AM
Line is over 120 deep! @ 4 am

The people waiting since yesterday have started a list... An unofficial waiting list. It seams that it is mixed of reserves and non-reserves.

Hmmm.... I'll wait till the doors open to find my way in.

Jonny.5
Jun 24, 2010, 04:32 AM

The people waiting since yesterday have started a list... An unofficial waiting list. It seams that it is mixed of reserves and non-reserves.

Best not be cuttin in line! :p

c2one
Jun 24, 2010, 04:50 AM
Best not be cuttin in line! :p

Haha... Not going to cut but it seams that many people are non reserved. I have a reserved phone.

tripjammer
Jun 24, 2010, 04:52 AM

How big is the line now???

Jonny.5
Jun 24, 2010, 04:56 AM
Haha... Not going to cut but it seams that many people are non reserved. I have a reserved phone.

Yeah I have a preorder but it isn't suppose to ship till mid july so I'm to get lucky :P but I'm 101 in line... :(

Jonny.5
Jun 24, 2010, 04:58 AM
How big is the line now???

Looks like maybe close to 200 now.

tripjammer
Jun 24, 2010, 05:01 AM
Looks like maybe close to 200 now.

OMG!!! That is crazy! I guess I will just go later after work then!

c2one
Jun 24, 2010, 05:07 AM
I'm like 115 in line... And annoyed at mall security. They don't know what they are doing. Only letting in 5 people at 6. Only 5 people from 6 - 7. WTF is that? Why only 5? Why even let them I and no one else. Not even reserved phones. This is crap.

Jonny.5
Jun 24, 2010, 05:15 AM
I'm like 115 in line... And annoyed at mall security. They don't know what they are doing. Only letting in 5 people at 6. Only 5 people from 6 - 7. WTF is that? Why only 5? Why even let them I and no one else. Not even reserved phones. This is crap.

I thought they meant that at 6 they were gonna let 5 in at a time slowly so it's not a mad rush to line up at in front of Apple so that by 7 we are lined up and no one is dead from being trampled, but I could be wrong.

c2one
Jun 24, 2010, 05:18 AM
Update from mall security... Letting people in @ 6. 5 at a time.

c2one
Jun 24, 2010, 05:19 AM
I thought they meant that at 6 they were gonna let 5 in at a time slowly so it's not a mad rush to line up at in front of Apple so that by 7 we are lined up and no one is dead from being trampled, but I could be wrong.

Yeah... They told 2 different stories. But 2nd story sounds better.

c2one
Jun 24, 2010, 05:40 AM
Line is about 250 deep now.

Gatormedic
Jun 24, 2010, 09:53 AM
Definately glad I pre-ordered...I was in and out of the store before 8am...got there at 5ish...I felt sorry for those folks that did not preorder...they had to wait...and may not even get a phone :D

iphoneblack24
Jun 24, 2010, 09:56 AM
Definately glad I pre-ordered...I was in and out of the store before 8am...got there at 5ish...I felt sorry for those folks that did not preorder...they had to wait...and may not even get a phone :D

Congratulations on your purchase! I'm at my home awaiting the arrival of my preorder via FEDEX. :) Looks like I'm taking the whole day off for this :D

tripjammer
Jun 24, 2010, 01:03 PM
Awesome! Does anybody know how the lines look now?

Lruiz
Jun 24, 2010, 05:04 PM
Well yea I was one of the people that didn't pre order so I was stuck in line for a very long time but finally got through around 12 and was very happy felt really sorry for those in line they didn't have a pre order because I honestly thought that I wasn't going to get an iPhone so I cab imagine those that are way back in the line they might not get anything might need to try back in Tuesday I hear AT&T stores are going to be carrying them good luck guys

tripjammer
Jun 25, 2010, 12:35 AM
Well yea I was one of the people that didn't pre order so I was stuck in line for a very long time but finally got through around 12 and was very happy felt really sorry for those in line they didn't have a pre order because I honestly thought that I wasn't going to get an iPhone so I cab imagine those that are way back in the line they might not get anything might need to try back in Tuesday I hear AT&T stores are going to be carrying them good luck guys

There was a 4 hour wait at North Star Apple store around 3 pm...for reserved folks.