PDA

View Full Version : Grand arcade, Cambridge UK

damov2
Jun 17, 2010, 12:29 PM
Anyone made a reservation at the grand arcade? if so what time are you getting there?

noshjewman
Jun 20, 2010, 02:18 PM
Busy thread! This supports my decision to turn up not too long before the shop opens - 7 or 7:30.
Although I was there today and one of the workers said that there was a line from about 5am for the iPad.

You?

philip456
Jun 21, 2010, 11:48 AM
I started queuing for the iPad around 0730 at the Grand Arcade and that was no problem.

I left it too late to reserve an iPhone, so I'm going to chance it and queue up.

I vaguely seem to remember seeing a sign saying that the Grand Arcade isn't open to the public until 8am. I guess they must have opened early for the iPhone launch and I hope they'll do the same again.

See you there on Thursday.

damov2
Jun 21, 2010, 11:52 AM
I started queuing for the iPad around 0730 at the Grand Arcade and that was no problem.

I left it too late to reserve an iPhone, so I'm going to chance it and queue up.

I vaguely seem to remember seeing a sign saying that the Grand Arcade isn't open to the public until 8am. I guess they must have opened early for the iPhone launch and I hope they'll do the same again.

I was at the Apple store today and the tech at the genius bar told me there were over 200 reservations. So i emailed the grand arcade and there not opening until 7.00am.

See you there!

freyrrr
Jun 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
Anyone knows which entrance will be open first in the morning?

freyrrr
Jun 23, 2010, 06:58 AM

How many people were before you when you arrived at 0730 for ipad launch?

philip456
Jun 23, 2010, 07:37 AM
My girlfiriend is going shopping with her sister to the Grand Arcade this afternoon and she will see what they say.

I'll post the info later.

plittlemore
Jun 23, 2010, 08:30 AM
I'll be there at about 0700 tomorrow morning!

AmunRa
Jun 23, 2010, 08:42 AM
Has anyone managed to determine if Apple will be selling contact iPhone 4s tomorrow (O2, Orange etc) or are they just selling PAYG ones?

I'm trying to decide if I'll be queuing up at the Apple store, the O2 shop or CPW...

plittlemore
Jun 23, 2010, 09:23 AM
Has anyone managed to determine if Apple will be selling contact iPhone 4s tomorrow (O2, Orange etc) or are they just selling PAYG ones?

I'm trying to decide if I'll be queuing up at the Apple store, the O2 shop or CPW...

From my understanding the Apple Stores will be offering each option. Sim Free, PAYG and Contract options.

Or at least thats what the reservations page stated when i reserved mine.

AmunRa
Jun 23, 2010, 09:42 AM
From my understanding the Apple Stores will be offering each option. Sim Free, PAYG and Contract options.

Or at least thats what the reservations page stated when i reserved mine.

Cool - thanks.

I've just checked the Grand Arcade opening times (http://www.grandarcade.co.uk/plan-your-visit/opening-hours.aspx) and they claim it only opens at 9am...

freyrrr
Jun 23, 2010, 12:35 PM
My girlfiriend is going shopping with her sister to the Grand Arcade this afternoon and she will see what they say.

I'll post the info later.

Any news from your girlfriend please?

damov2
Jun 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
Cool - thanks.

I've just checked the Grand Arcade opening times (http://www.grandarcade.co.uk/plan-your-visit/opening-hours.aspx) and they claim it only opens at 9am...

Here's the email they sent me:

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email regarding Grand Arcade.

All entrances to the Grand Arcade will be open at 7am and there is no particular order as to which entrance will open first. The nearest one to the Apple store from the car park will be either north or south side or on foot the nearest entrance is from the Lion Yard. The car park is open 24 hours a day so you will always be able to enter and exit the car park at anytime.

We are expecting queues from 7am when the centre opens this Thursday.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Lauren Sapsed
Centre Administrator

Management Suite
4th Floor
Grand Arcade
St Andrews Street
Cambridge
CB2 3BJ

AmunRa
Jun 23, 2010, 02:30 PM
Right, so centre opens at 7am, Apple store at 8am. Reckon I'll try to get there around 7; while there's also the O2 store I expect Apple will have more stock in their own shop ;)

damov2
Jun 23, 2010, 03:03 PM
Right, so centre opens at 7am, Apple store at 8am. Reckon I'll try to get there around 7; while there's also the O2 store I expect Apple will have more stock in their own shop ;)

See you there! I'm getting there for around 6.30.

Jambosive
Jun 23, 2010, 04:32 PM
Hey guys I'm planning on getting there early too, where do you plan on queuing? outside the arcade on regent street or by the fisher square entrance?

freyrrr
Jun 24, 2010, 07:22 AM
I was queueing there in the morning, arrived at about 7, was about 80th in the no-reservation queue. I was then told they had no stock for me and I was put on a reservation list for next stock. How about you guys?

Xide92
Jun 24, 2010, 03:00 PM
I arrived at 5am outside the main Grand Arcade entrance, and ended up being 6th in the reservations queue, got my photo taken a few times, and finally got my sim-free phone.

Did anyone else find that they had no Orange pay and go micro-sims? It was a huge frustration and I didn't really want to cut up my normal sim to get it working. I have since requested a micro-sim from Orange so hopefully that will be arriving soon :)