PDA

View Full Version : APPLE'S NEWEST WRINKLE: THE CUSTOMIZED, U2 IPOD

MacBytes
Oct 20, 2004, 03:26 PM
Category: Reviews
Link: APPLE\'S NEWEST WRINKLE: THE CUSTOMIZED, U2 IPOD (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041020162641)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Mudbug
Oct 20, 2004, 03:27 PM
but they're mistaken - Apple has offered Customized iPods in the past, with various artist's signatures laser-etched into the back. This may be the first full-body customization, but not the first of any kind...

zelmo
Oct 20, 2004, 03:37 PM
So it really is going to have a U2 logo on it. :(
I hope it's on the back, in 4 pt type....

redAPPLE
Oct 20, 2004, 04:57 PM
i hope the scroll wheel is not gray or something...

aswitcher
Oct 20, 2004, 05:09 PM
Do we suspect ts going to be 60 gig?

nfocus design
Oct 20, 2004, 05:10 PM
i hope the scroll wheel is not gray or something...

Me too. I hate the gray wheel. Maybe black or a metallic silver like the one in this picture.

requies
Oct 20, 2004, 05:16 PM
black would be so tempting.

but i'm holding out for 60gigs. 40 is too small.

aswitcher
Oct 20, 2004, 05:24 PM
black would be so tempting.

but i'm holding out for 60gigs. 40 is too small.

If the suspected bPod (Bono Pod) is the 60 gig WITH the new colour screen and photo capability...that would be superb...

I hope this is what is is after they said at the last 1/4 report that they were focusing on their music/ipod...

Phat_Pat
Oct 20, 2004, 05:37 PM
yeah thats pretty weak.... i mean what happens if there album's crap? then your stuck carrying around a iPod with a bands logo on it thats not koo.

nagromme
Oct 20, 2004, 05:39 PM
The NY Post is just repeating other articles. Nothing new. They don't even mention black, which Forbes claimed to know. It wouldn't surprise me if the logo isn't just engraved on the back like all the other special artist iPods Apple has (with lass fanfare) done.

BTW, the grey scroll wheel may trigger a "different is bad" reaction from us since we're used to white. But it's excellent strategy: make that wheel visible, since it's the trademark feature of the iPod. The Minis did that well too.

solvs
Oct 20, 2004, 09:25 PM
Um... then don't buy it. I'm sure you can still buy normal white ones. And if you must have black, you could probably live with it saying U2 on the back. If not, there are places that will color your iPod and plenty of cases you could buy.

Not picking on you neccessarily, just been getting a lot of this lately. Don't like it, don't click on it, don't buy it, you have other options. Besides, U2 used to be good.

requies
Oct 21, 2004, 01:57 AM
If the suspected bPod (Bono Pod) is the 60 gig WITH the new colour screen and photo capability...that would be superb...

I hope this is what is is after they said at the last 1/4 report that they were focusing on their music/ipod...

yeah, that would be really cool. i'd buy one despite not being a u2 fan. though i can't imagine they'd have such a cool thing chained exclusively to u2. so i'll be buying the non-u2 version. *hopes*

nagromme
Oct 21, 2004, 12:44 PM
It's a marketing agreement between U2 and Apple, to benefit both parties. So I seriously doubt there will be a non-U2 version of whatever it is--or an non-Apple U2 music player, for that matter.

formatc
Oct 21, 2004, 02:26 PM
Flash iPod with U2 album on flash