PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Hill Mall, NJ

dmize31287
Jun 17, 2010, 10:06 PM
Anyone going to be there as well? I reserved, but i'll still be showing up around 6am :).

jak92492
Jun 18, 2010, 06:08 PM
Ill be there, around 6 AM as well

xmarcuswildx
Jun 18, 2010, 06:42 PM
I was thinkin of doin cherry hill mall I'll be goin to the marlton store though Thats where I went last year I'll be there around 730 745

dmize31287
Jun 19, 2010, 08:23 PM
The one good thing about a mall opening is that the line technically can't begin until the mall lets you in :).

hey_suburbia
Jun 23, 2010, 09:07 AM
You don't need a pre-order, right?

I'm thinking about heading over tonight around midnight with my Nintendo DS, Mario Kart DS anyone?

I think I'm going to hang out at the Macy's entrance:
http://i.imgur.com/187gJ.png

mengel02
Jun 23, 2010, 10:02 AM
pretty sure they line everyone up by the entrance that doesn't look like an entrance. just to the right of HR block and the County Store.

when is everyone planning on getting there?

hey_suburbia
Jun 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
I just talked to the Apple Store at The Cherry Hill Mall.

There will be inventory for pre-orders and inventory for walk-ins.

It will be first come first serve.

So, say I'm 3rd in line behind two pre-order customers and 5 pre-order customers behind me, I will be served 3rd and my phone will come from the walk-in inventory.

She did say that things could change last minute, so be prepared for anything as all hell breaks loose.

hey_suburbia
Jun 23, 2010, 10:13 AM
pretty sure they line everyone up by the entrance that doesn't look like an entrance. just to the right of HR block and the County Store.

when is everyone planning on getting there?

I'm heading over from Philly on my Vespa around midnight... I'm sure that's WAY too early, but there is not point in trying to sleep two hours...

Jime3872
Jun 23, 2010, 11:14 AM
Does any one know what entrance the mall will be letting us in .... Is it one or multiple doors that they are going to open... Also is it orderly fashion lineing up or is it a free for all when the doors open? Im planning on goin around 2am. I think anyone will deffently get a phonr eithout a preorder due to lazy ppl wanting to come jus about when the doors open ... Anyone experince any of this when the 3gs came out.. Trying to plan a little ahead plus this year will be a lot worse

hey_suburbia
Jun 23, 2010, 11:24 AM
Does any one know what entrance the mall will be letting us in .... Is it one or multiple doors that they are going to open... Also is it orderly fashion lineing up or is it a free for all when the doors open? Im planning on goin around 2am. I think anyone will deffently get a phonr eithout a preorder due to lazy ppl wanting to come jus about when the doors open ... Anyone experince any of this when the 3gs came out.. Trying to plan a little ahead plus this year will be a lot worse

They will opening the mall doors at 6:00. The entrance by H&R Block, County Store, and Macy's.

I will be enforcing an orderly line with an iron fist. We're geeks, not soccer mom's trampling each other for a cabbage patch doll. Order people, order. First come first serve.

Jime3872
Jun 23, 2010, 11:38 AM
Now i been to the mall many times but not to fimilar with it so is that one entrance or 3 differnt ones . Also how reliable is te source you have got that from

hey_suburbia
Jun 23, 2010, 11:47 AM
Now i been to the mall many times but not to fimilar with it so is that one entrance or 3 differnt ones . Also how reliable is te source you have got that from

I called the Apple Store, and the Mall itself.

Here is the entrance:
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qnq8z78rf6cy&scene=22455160&lvl=1&sty=b&ss=yp.mall~pg.1~rad.0,11994422176833

paulie6978
Jun 23, 2010, 12:07 PM
hey guys will that small cart outside of the apple store have iphone 4 plastic shields for install????

also will they be letting customers in who just want to buy accessories etc???

mikebo212
Jun 23, 2010, 01:12 PM
i was thinking on getting there around 4 a.m and i don't have a reservation, what do you guys think, should i show up earlier? :confused:

hey_suburbia
Jun 23, 2010, 01:32 PM
i was thinking on getting there around 4 a.m and i don't have a reservation, what do you guys think, should i show up earlier? :confused:

I think 3-4am should do it.

Remember Walmart and Radio Shack will have the phone on launch day too.

hey_suburbia
Jun 23, 2010, 03:42 PM
I asked if it was ok to line-up at 3am and got this response:

Dear Mickey,

Thank you for contacting Cherry Hill Mall. The Apple store opens at 7am tomorrow. We will permit shoppers to enter the mall and get in line at 6am. Please enter at the mall at the entrance doors located by HR & Block and The Camden County Store.

Thank you and have great evening.

Lisa Wolstromer

Lisa Wolstromer, SCMD
Senior Marketing Director

Cherry Hill Mall
2000 Route 38, Suite 514
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
P: 856-662-7441 ex 15
F: 856-663-6826

mikebo212
Jun 23, 2010, 04:02 PM
I asked if it was ok to line-up at 3am and got this response:

i might be confused, but which entrance is this "H&R entrance"? i was planning on going in through the one by macy's and Starbucks...

hard-case
Jun 23, 2010, 06:37 PM
i might be confused, but which entrance is this "H&R entrance"? i was planning on going in through the one by macy's and Starbucks...

If you look at the map that hey_suburbia posted, the Apple store is highlighted yellow. You'll notice there are two entrances near there....one above the store, and one to the right. The entrance is the one above it, as in you cross the main walkway of the mall heading out of the Apple Store and pass through the long hallway between stores to the "entrance. It is a set of unmarked double doors, and a long hallways with some mall offices and restrooms in it. They used it in previous events because it makes it easier to manage throngs of people.

Hrm....still debating when to show up. I've got a reservation, but if they aren't going to do two lines and just do first-come-first-served....maybe 5am isn't early enough.

mikebo212
Jun 23, 2010, 08:20 PM
If you look at the map that hey_suburbia posted, the Apple store is highlighted yellow. You'll notice there are two entrances near there....one above the store, and one to the right. The entrance is the one above it, as in you cross the main walkway of the mall heading out of the Apple Store and pass through the long hallway between stores to the "entrance. It is a set of unmarked double doors, and a long hallways with some mall offices and restrooms in it. They used it in previous events because it makes it easier to manage throngs of people.

Hrm....still debating when to show up. I've got a reservation, but if they aren't going to do two lines and just do first-come-first-served....maybe 5am isn't early enough.

ohhh thanks so much for the clarification, i was so lost. and yeah if they don't do two lines i think you should show up earlier

mikebo212
Jun 23, 2010, 08:23 PM

ohhh thanks so much for the clarification, i was so lost. and yeah if they don't do two lines i think you should show up earlier. i might be heading down around 3

dmize31287
Jun 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
Relax, a friend of mine is works at that store (he is high enough into the rankings to have access to certain credentials) and informed me that reserves will be aplenty. He said the store received 1300 reserves alone and it shouldn't be a issue getting yours, he didn't know about walk-ins though since it is pretty much the left overs.

msb3079
Jun 24, 2010, 01:23 AM
Relax, a friend of mine is works at that store (he is high enough into the rankings to have access to certain credentials) and informed me that reserves will be aplenty. He said the store received 1300 reserves alone and it shouldn't be a issue getting yours, he didn't know about walk-ins though since it is pretty much the left overs.

wouldn't "reserves" be the "left overs"? this post makes no sense.

Onmybikedrunk
Jun 24, 2010, 05:10 AM
I'm here. Been here for about 2 hours (6am now). The line is starting to migrate inside. Maybe about 500+ people here and growing. Once I get inside I'll repost all the details as far as lines, system
failures (let's hope not), and how many phones they're claiming to have. So far it seems more organized than the 3GS release. We'll see.

Post as soon as y'all know something, and I'll do the same.

Onmybikedrunk

Onmybikedrunk
Jun 24, 2010, 06:38 AM
At first it was supposed to be reservations first... Now they're mingling, only cuz the news is here Im sure... If u ask me, that's bulls@&t. It was like 4 clicks of a mouse to get a reservation. Like this is the first iPhone ever or some s$&t. RESERVATIONS SHOULD BE FIRST!

On the other side of things, no system breakdowns yet, and they seem yo have a handle on things. Moving about 1 person every 2 minutes.

Out.

firman
Jun 24, 2010, 08:04 AM
Any more updates on the line? I have a pre-order. So I am just waiting till the line dies down.

dss
Jun 24, 2010, 08:09 AM
The confirmation email from apple specifically states there is a special line for reservations. If they aren't honoring that, someone should speak up as it's the first sentence in the confirmation email. It's incredibly stupid to have one line for both customers.

firman
Jun 24, 2010, 08:24 AM
They have two lines... They are just both very long

Helladesigner
Jun 24, 2010, 09:43 AM
I have a reservation, but am debating on whether I should go the CH Apple store during my lunch hour or head over after work. Any updates on the reserve lines and how fast the process is going? :)

firman
Jun 24, 2010, 11:21 AM
any update on the lines?

dss
Jun 24, 2010, 12:02 PM
The line here is brutal. They started turning away people without reservations a few hours ago. People who were in line with reversations are still hours away from their phones. They are estimating 4-5 hours from the back of the line right now (1pm est).

jerklin
Jun 24, 2010, 12:15 PM
I'm now wishing I ordered online, have a reservation in but won't be able to get there until 6 or later at which point I'm sure there will be another rush of afterwork people.

firman
Jun 24, 2010, 12:28 PM
I ordered online.. but was not gonna be home to sign and did not want it left on my porch... Now I wish I did... This is gonna be brutal.. I just want to pick it up and activate it myself!

Helladesigner
Jun 24, 2010, 12:29 PM
The line here is brutal. They started turning away people without reservations a few hours ago. People who were in line with reversations are still hours away from their phones. They are estimating 4-5 hours from the back of the line right now (1pm est).

Thanks for the update, dss. Seems like the opposite for KoP lines? Read on that thread that the process has been quick and smooth, with the reservation line cut in half by 11-12pm. Guess I'll just be a sucker in line this evening. I'll make sure to bring snacks :)

firman
Jun 24, 2010, 01:08 PM
has the line started moving faster since it is only pre-orders now?

jerklin
Jun 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
As will I but if the line is still going outside I'm going to pass. It's worth maybe an hour or two inside the mall tops.

firman
Jun 24, 2010, 02:01 PM
no updates? Hopefully that means the line is going down.

Helladesigner
Jun 24, 2010, 04:44 PM
So I'm in the line now, it's wrapped around from the far east restroom entrance to another hallway entrance, and then zig zags up until the entrance of the store. Probably 200 people deep. It's pretty ridiculous, so I'll see how long this takes and if it's past an 7 or so, I'll just get this phone in a few months. Just kinda funny, because last summer I got the 3Gs on opening day and was able to walk in and get set up within 5 minutes. If my current phone's screen wasn't all scratched up, I wouldn't be standing here :)

BoughtAAPL@4.00
Jun 24, 2010, 05:00 PM
So the line is all indoors now? I stopped by at 10 AM and the line went through corrals in front of the store, down the hallway entrance that is between The Limited and Nine West, out the door to the right by H&R Block and all the way down to the far corner of Macy's (see pic) I asked someone in the middle of the line when they got there and she said 6:30 AM!

It was already 90 degrees out (it hit 97 today). And nasty thunderstorms rolled through around 4 PM. I might come wait for a while, but not if it's outside in the now humid soup!

Do you recommend bringing a folding fabric chair or is the line now actually moving? It wasn't moving at 10 AM.

Helladesigner
Jun 24, 2010, 05:13 PM
If you have a reservation, and only if you have one, would I recommend coming in, if at all. An apple genius just came to the line and said that everyone who's reserved is guaranteed a phone (has a sticker with your name on it), and if the store closes before they can give every reserved person their phone, they will honor the reservation for you tomorrow till closing. I'd say the wait is at least 2.5 hrs (and I'm being generous). Currently, the line is prob a quarter of the length compared to your pic from this morning. There's prob about 40 people behind me right now. Hope that helps!

BoughtAAPL@4.00
Jun 24, 2010, 05:18 PM
Yes, I had called earlier and they said if you were in line with a reservation before closing it would be honored - i.e. no early closing on the end of the line.

Thanks for the reporting!

I'll be there in about 45 minutes to an hour assuming traffic isn't bad. Watch for my original black Apple t-shirt in the green/orange/red/purple/blue lettering. Got that back in '93 or '94 for purchasing HyperCard. I received many "love your shirt" comments when I walked the line this AM!

I will poll whoever is at the front of the line and see how long they waited when I arrive and report back if possible.

Helladesigner
Jun 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
Great, good luck! :) looking forward to your post if possible.

msb3079
Jun 24, 2010, 05:38 PM
I got there at 3:30am. No reservation (since BBY couldn't fill mine).

Finally got my 32 GB around 4pm. LOOOONG day. They were handling around 30 reservation customers for every 1 walk-in. There were many 30-40 min periods without any movement AT ALL. Painful and not the right way to do it, IMO. At least do 70/30.

dmize31287
Jun 24, 2010, 06:35 PM
I agree, should of been a 7:3 ratio for the reserves. I got there at 5:30am (reserved) and one of the guys in front of me was a walk-in. I had my phone and left around 10:30ish and he was still in the same spot that I saw him last when we entered the mall. The line this morning before 10am wrapped from the entrance all the way around the corner of Macy's. It was really nuts! Enjoying my 32gb though, I made sure to not get one with the yellow tint on it.

xmarcuswildx
Jun 24, 2010, 06:42 PM
Damn glad I reserved at the marlton store.. And i thought things there were brutal. I got off at work at 7 am arrived in line around 730 with a reserve I was out by NTL I'd say 945 10 o'clock.. They were doing about a 10:1 ratio and at around 830 they started to cut the walkin line.

BoughtAAPL@4.00
Jun 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
Got Here at 7:10 pm and the line was out that hallway then right along the service hallway with the restrooms and right again back toward the stores. Probably 60% of the length from this morning. After about 30 minutes the line has just rounded the first corner.

The guy at the head of the line said he got in line at 12:30 PM.

3G service here in line is painful. Been trying to get this message out for 30 minutes.

Blue Shirt said he's been here 16 hours and that they are bringing in staff from other area stores (that have sold out) to assist. Awaiting further info as we approch the restroom.

They have just announced we are not getting them tonight. They are telling us to come back tomorrow and reservations will be honored.

BoughtAAPL@4.00
Jun 24, 2010, 07:03 PM
And no voucher required. If I had known that I would have stayed home.

BoughtAAPL@4.00
Jun 25, 2010, 05:06 AM
Back at 6 AM and there are 4 people in line and 1 behind me. The store opens at 8 AM, I belive they said last night. Wouldn't gave bothered to come this early except I have stuff planned for the afternoon and this place is 40 minutes each way for me.

6:20 AM. We are now inside. 6 in the reserve line and 5 in the wishing-against-all-odds line. 2 secuity guys and one floor sweeper. At least the A/C is nice and the WiFi is strong.

Munitalp
Jun 25, 2010, 05:46 AM
Back at 6 AM and there are 4 people in line and 1 behind me. The store opens at 8 AM, I belive they said last night. Wouldn't gave bothered to come this early except I have stuff planned for the afternoon and this place is 40 minutes each way for me.

6:20 AM. We are now inside. 6 in the reserve line and 5 in the wishing-against-all-odds line. 2 secuity guys and one floor sweeper. At least the A/C is nice and the WiFi is strong.

Werent reservations for yesterday only? The Apple @ Aventura Mall here said they are giving away all reserves that werent picked up on a first come basis today...

glxyjones
Jun 25, 2010, 05:51 AM
Any word on available iphones at Cherry Hill? (or Marlton if you happen to know)

BoughtAAPL@4.00
Jun 25, 2010, 05:52 AM
They had so many reservations here they couldn't handle them all so they extended them for this store. Rep just came out and said they were here until midnight last night. She also said they have phones available for both reserve and walk-in. Also said that they got the majority of reserves done yesterday.

Working on getting the store rolling now.

Munitalp
Jun 25, 2010, 05:55 AM
They had so many reservations here they couldn't handle them all so they extended them for this store. Rep just came out and said they were here until midnight last night. She also said they have phones available for both reserve and walk-in. Also said that they got the majority of reserves done yesterday.

Working on getting the store rolling now.

Ahh, I guess the store here is doin it differently

BoughtAAPL@4.00
Jun 25, 2010, 06:11 AM
Still only 6 or 7 in the standby line so come on down if you want to try. About a dozen in the reserved line.

7:25 they are sweeping up and taking stock. There was mention that they might open early, but how early remains to be seen. Reserve line is 20. Walkin is still 6 or 7.

7:42 A cart with 3 cases of Dasani water just pulled up, but it is not clear if it is for us or the staff. To my knowledge there were no line handouts yesterday. Floor mopping Is in progress so they aren't opening early. About 13 walkins now and two dozen reservists.

7:54 Getting ready to open. Water was for staff. Lines grew a tad more. Security playing with demo units. Only 3 staff visible but there are at least 6 or more others that went in.

7:58 4more staff just went in. Some guy carrying a Macbook box is trying to get in - yeah that old ruse. Just here for a repair and oh can I get my phone, ya sure.

glxyjones
Jun 25, 2010, 06:52 AM
Still only 6 or 7 in the standby line so come on down if you want to try. About a dozen in the reserved line.

7:25 they are sweeping up and taking stock. There was mention that they might open early, but how early remains to be seen. Reserve line is 20. Walkin is still 6 or 7.

7:42 A cart with 3 cases of Dasani water just pulled up, but it is not clear if it is for us or the staff. To my knowledge there were no line handouts yesterday. Floor mopping Is in progress so they aren't opening early. About 13 walkins now and two dozen reservists.

Thanks for the updates BoughtAAPL@4.00!!! Would really appreciate any updates you could continue to provide. I'm trying to get out of work ASAP and head down there if there are still iPhones available for walk-in.

Mareshalu
Jun 25, 2010, 06:57 AM
It's about 20 ppl deep for reservations. And they claim they'll open in 5 min. Yey

BoughtAAPL@4.00
Jun 25, 2010, 07:57 AM
Was in and out in 5 minutes - first one out the door, in fact, at 8:12 AM. Forgot my chair, as I knew I would, oh well. Couldn't post again, as my old 3G was deactivated and I didn't want to bother logging in and finding this thread on the new unit, so I waited until I got home just now.

They had about 5 people handling the reservations, and that was going quite smoothly. For an upgrade, they take your driver's license, ask a couple of questions and activate it - you take it home and restore from backup. Boom, as Steve would say.

Didn't look like they had done any walk-ins yet but I was too busy walking around in gadget-awe to really notice.

jerklin
Jun 25, 2010, 08:04 AM
just called the store and they said they were "kinda honoring reservations" but they don't think they will have any left for long.