Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akrocker29

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Okay, I am really looking forward to the new update, but I'm wary about just downloading it off a random site. When is Apple supposed to release it? Meaning, when will I plug in my iPod and iTunes say "There is a new update for your iPod, do you want to install?";)

akrocker29

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Now I'm really going to sound like a moron... What's "the Keynote"?

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Now I'm really going to sound like a moron... What's "the Keynote"?
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

akrocker29

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Listening to a man give a speech about the iPhone is not exactly how I want to spend my freetime. Sorry. I'm new to the mac stuff. Been a PC user for forever and I still am (I'm gonna get a mac in the next couple years) so I'm still learning all the ins and outs.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
There is no need to be rude to the OP! He asked an honest question which he could have googled but he chose not to. Does it really matter?

ChrisGonzales90

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon USA.
Listening to a man give a speech about the iPhone is not exactly how I want to spend my freetime. Sorry. I'm new to the mac stuff. Been a PC user for forever and I still am (I'm gonna get a mac in the next couple years) so I'm still learning all the ins and outs.

And that's fine. :). Don't pay attention to those who do childish acts here. Some people ever grow up. You asked a simple question and I and another user gave you the answer with out any mumbo jumbo.

i didnt go mental. I told him to google something. thats what one does when one wants information in 2010.

Then ere wouldn't be a need for macrumors. After all we could just google the information we need. :rolleyes:

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
Example of a Google question:
What date does Toy Story 3 come out?

Example of a forum question:
Hey what did everyone think of Toy Story 3?

or

I have tried googling this all day to no luck... can you tell me ______?

learn the difference

randomerratum

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Santa Monica, CA

Well, one of the ins and outs you'll have to get used to is that MacRoumors is among the most fervent of enthusiastic fanboyism (settle down, I proudly include myself in there) -- it's not so much a Mac-help site as it is a Mac-love site... and watching "a man" (Steve Jobs) give a speech about the iPhone IS how a lot of us like to spend our free time. Think of it like we're all just following our favorite sports team and it won't seem so creepy.

In fact- if you're interested in the new iPhone at all, you might want to take a look at the keynote (for either iPhone 4 or iOS4) -- probably more interesting then you'd think.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Example of a Google question:
What date does Toy Story 3 come out?

Example of a forum question:
Hey what did everyone think of Toy Story 3?

or

I have tried googling this all day to no luck... can you tell me ______?

learn the difference

Well, one you can get an answer to; one that you can't, as yet, get an answer to. Like this:

What date does the new iphone 4 come out?

What's everyone's experience with the new iphone 4?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.