PDA

View Full Version : Brent Cross, London

Raikun
Jun 18, 2010, 08:45 AM
Who's going to be there on the 24th June?

I'm lining up outside apple and having a friend lineup outside CPW for me.

segers909
Jun 18, 2010, 02:18 PM
At what time will you be there?

Raikun
Jun 18, 2010, 03:11 PM
I will be first in line. I'm a student on a gap year with no job, a decently fast car and I really really want to get a white one if they have them in stock.

They open at 8am, both the centre and the stores.

I'm currently debating whether to line up for Apple store (pros = mroe likely to have white, great service, nice people, cons = not very experienced with contracts etc) or CPW (pros = more experienced, native software for upgrades/credit checks etc, shorter line, cons = white!?!??!)

MrTan
Jun 18, 2010, 05:30 PM
I will be first in line. I'm a student on a gap year with no job, a decently fast car and I really really want to get a white one if they have them in stock.

They open at 8am, both the centre and the stores.

I'm currently debating whether to line up for Apple store (pros = mroe likely to have white, great service, nice people, cons = not very experienced with contracts etc) or CPW (pros = more experienced, native software for upgrades/credit checks etc, shorter line, cons = white!?!??!)

i was at brent x last year, while queuing the guys from cpw walked up to us and told us they had 3gs in stock and no queues! i saw a couple people walking out of there with phones while i was still queuing!

Upgrading in the Apple store took forever though!

vijayvasa
Jun 21, 2010, 03:52 PM
i was at brent x last year, while queuing the guys from cpw walked up to us and told us they had 3gs in stock and no queues! i saw a couple people walking out of there with phones while i was still queuing!

Upgrading in the Apple store took forever though!

do u guys know where to stand for the queue at brent cross ? Am hoping to come at brentcross rather than regent street ?

vj

iguacu
Jun 22, 2010, 05:28 AM
do u guys know where to stand for the queue at brent cross ? Am hoping to come at brentcross rather than regent street ?

vj

Yes, exactly. Do you think it is better so queue at Brent Cross rather than Regent St?
Where exactly do we have to queue up?
And do CPW sell also Sim-free phones?

Thanks

iguacu
Jun 22, 2010, 05:34 AM
Yes, exactly. Do you think it is better so queue at Brent Cross rather than Regent St?
Where exactly do we have to queue up?
And do CPW sell also Sim-free phones?

Thanks

And if someone want to sell his booking (I booked only one!) pls get in touch with me.... malavolti@gmail.com

switchday
Jun 22, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hey just wondering, what time will you Brent Cross guys be queuing up?

I don't have a reservation so was planning on getting there at dawn - too early, too late??

Lyn2012
Jun 23, 2010, 06:35 AM
I'm still trying to decide whether to head for Milton Keynes or Brent Cross. As I haven't reserved a phone I wonder where I'll have the best chance of getting one? Wherever I go, I'll get there about 8.30-9am. Any comments from anyone, especially those with previous experiences?

MacMuppet
Jun 23, 2010, 01:40 PM

vj

Not exactly anything to do with queueing but I asked at the
information desk that the centre has and the lady answered
my question before I asked it - the question being "What
entrances will be open to get into Brent Cross at 8 the morning?".

Her answer was "All".

switchday
Jun 23, 2010, 04:47 PM
Not exactly anything to do with queueing but I asked at the
information desk that the centre has and the lady answered
my question before I asked it - the question being "What
entrances will be open to get into Brent Cross at 8 the morning?".

Her answer was "All".

How stupid. That'll mean a mad-dash from all entrances towards the Apple Store and a possible stampede if there are enough people. It also means getting to a given entrance earliest doesn't guarantee you first in the queue outside the store.

I asked the Apple Store a few days ago who said go to the main entrance.

MacMuppet
Jun 23, 2010, 06:06 PM
How stupid. That'll mean a mad-dash from all entrances towards the Apple Store and a possible stampede if there are enough people. It also means getting to a given entrance earliest doesn't guarantee you first in the queue outside the store.

I asked the Apple Store a few days ago who said go to the main entrance.

If it's any help, I've just passed BX again and from what I could see, nobody
was outside. If there was somebody, I do apologise :o

switchday
Jun 23, 2010, 06:24 PM
If it's any help, I've just passed BX again and from what I could see, nobody
was outside. If there was somebody, I do apologise :o

Ah, I'm sure that'll all change come dawn.

Thanks for the info.