PDA

View Full Version : Westfield Brandon Mall, Brandon Florida

Anonymouslives
Jun 18, 2010, 10:37 AM
Apple store opens at 7AM. I'll probably show up between 3-5AM. Would be cool to chat with other forum members too.

hansenc
Jun 18, 2010, 06:20 PM
I can't seem to secure a full upgrade price. I might do the early upgrade price.

I will have a line on 7/5 that can get a full discount. Don't know if I will pay the extra 200$ or not just to do it on release.

Decided I'm going to jump onboard at the $400 price tag. see u around 3-4am

Anonymouslives
Jun 18, 2010, 06:48 PM
I can't seem to secure a full upgrade price. I might do the early upgrade price.

I will have a line on 7/5 that can get a full discount. Don't know if I will pay the extra 200$ or not just to do it on release.

Decided I'm going to jump onboard at the $400 price tag. see u around 3-4am

Hey man, have you been to another release there? If so, how was it and what time do you expect we should be there if we want to not wait for several hours once they open?

hansenc
Jun 18, 2010, 06:52 PM
Never have :( I'm just going to take the morning off work and hope for the best. I can't see many being there at 3-4am. if no one is there I can just sit in the car till a few others show up. I'm not one for hanging out in 80F weather with 90% humidity. lol

Anonymouslives
Jun 18, 2010, 07:15 PM
Never have :( I'm just going to take the morning off work and hope for the best. I can't see many being there at 3-4am. if no one is there I can just sit in the car till a few others show up. I'm not one for hanging out in 80F weather with 90% humidity. lol

I'm gonna bring a collapsable chair, a fully charged 3GS, some gatorade, and just chill for a few hours I guess.

I have heard that there will eventually be two lines, one for those who reserved and one for those who didn't. I'm sure there will only be one line to begin with, before the Apple people get there and separate us. I wonder how that will pan out. Hopefully people don't just rush up into the lines, or there's going to be some problems.

hansenc
Jun 18, 2010, 07:17 PM
I will be bringing a chair also. I didn't reserve so I will be in the "I waited too long" line.

Anonymouslives
Jun 18, 2010, 07:25 PM
I will be bringing a chair also. I didn't reserve so I will be in the "I waited too long" line.

Well, I'm sure you'll get one, as long as you're there early.

Gators Fan
Jun 18, 2010, 08:07 PM
I've reserved one (confirmed by e-mail and in person), so I'm golden. If I'm awake with the roosters, I'll go over early-early; if not, I'll get there when I do.

Spoke to a few of the Apple people and they all say there'll be two lines, one for reserved orders, one for the walk-ins. If you've a phone reserved, it'll be there with your name on it until closing on the 24th. Apple will activate the MicroSim (which deactivates your old phone on your account), and you're good to go. (You'll do the Setup @ home.)

Have fun. Enjoy the buzz, and your new iPhone 4.

Oh, and. . . GO GATORS!
:D

Anonymouslives
Jun 18, 2010, 08:21 PM
I've reserved one (confirmed by e-mail and in person), so I'm golden. If I'm awake with the roosters, I'll go over early-early; if not, I'll get there when I do.

Spoke to a few of the Apple people and they all say there'll be two lines, one for reserved orders, one for the walk-ins. If you've a phone reserved, it'll be there with your name on it until closing on the 24th. Apple will activate the MicroSim (which deactivates your old phone on your account), and you're good to go. (You'll do the Setup @ home.)

Have fun. Enjoy the buzz, and your new iPhone 4.

Oh, and. . . GO GATORS!

Dude, you should show up early. I don't trust Apple not to give our phones away, even if we did reserve them.

Gators Fan
Jun 19, 2010, 03:51 AM
Dude, you should show up early. I don't trust Apple not to give our phones away, even if we did reserve them.
Not to sweat it: They'll stock all of the "Reserved" phones they're supposed to have on-hand. Print out your confirmation, bring it with you; you'll get a phone, no worries. Enjoy the buzz.

:)

robbfladry
Jun 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
I will be there (plus one friend) sometime during the night.. waited at the Brandon store for the 3G & 3GS model..

When the 3G came out I stood in line from 8am until 2pm.. but that was because of the horrible activation problems.. got a phone though no problem.

With the 3GS I got there a few hours after open, walked in got a phone and walked out..

Hopefully there will be plenty of phones for everyone.. but I'll be there early just in case...

hansenc
Jun 19, 2010, 10:44 AM
Any idea how the line will be for non-reserve people? I'm hoping 3am is early enough.

Any clue how many phones they might have?

robbfladry
Jun 19, 2010, 10:51 AM
Any idea how the line will be for non-reserve people? I'm hoping 3am is early enough.

Any clue how many phones they might have?

I'm thinking that the 4G kind of changes all the rules.. with all of the online ordering problems (I tried at least 100 times that day to order) and all the hype that surrounds the phone, that this is probably going to be the biggest launch since the Playstation 2 (if you remember that mess)... so no idea of how many are going to be there.. but I say make sure you are there early as you can be if you want to go home with a phone.

They will have us outside of the mall until probably around 6am.. then we will go inside I the mall I assume? and then we form our two different lines.. pre-order and first come, first served.. then they take like 5/10 people from each line and activate the micro-sim and send us on our way. The reserved phones will be in a different location (other side of the store) I bet than the other ones..

With the iPhone 3G launch they provided water and I want to say snacks of some sort.. donuts? Also Starbucks is across the hall and they brought free drinks for everyone and handed out coupons for free drinks as well..

hansenc
Jun 19, 2010, 10:52 AM
I'm thinking that the 4G kind of changes all the rules.. with all of the online ordering problems (I tried at least 100 times that day to order) and all the hype that surrounds the phone, that this is probably going to be the biggest launch since the Playstation 2 (if you remember that mess)... so no idea of how many are going to be there.. but I say make sure you are there early as you can be if you want to go home with a phone.

They will have us outside of the mall until probably around 6am.. then we will go inside I the mall I assume? and then we form our two different lines.. pre-order and first come, first served.. then they take like 5/10 people from each line and activate the micro-sim and send us on our way. The reserved phones will be in a different location (other side of the store) I bet than the other ones..

With the iPhone 3G launch they provided water and I want to say snacks of some sort.. donuts? Also Starbucks is across the hall and they brought free drinks for everyone and handed out coupons for free drinks as well..

Well I will just hope for the best and see what happens.

If I don't get one on release I will most likely just wait till july 5th and do an upgrade swap for another line and get the phone for $200 less.

See you guys there

Anonymouslives
Jun 19, 2010, 11:06 AM
Well I will just hope for the best and see what happens.

If I don't get one on release I will most likely just wait till july 5th and do an upgrade swap for another line and get the phone for $200 less.

See you guys there

I think if you get there between 3-5AM you should get one, although I'm not basing that on anything tangible. I have no clue when people will start showing up there.

hansenc
Jun 19, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hopefully its not black friday type crazy. People start lining up for BF at like 5pm the day before.

Gators Fan
Jun 19, 2010, 11:23 AM
I think if you get there between 3-5AM you should get one. . .
Let's say you get there at 3 AM. The store opens at 7 AM. That's four hours standing in line, plus whatever time it takes to get from your position to the head of the line, and then into the store. Let's add an hour for the waiting around once the store opens. TOTAL TIME IN LINE: Five hours.

Now, let's jump forward to, say, 9 AM. There's still a line, but it's moving. Do you really think this line will take five hours between the time you get into it at 9 AM and the time you enter the store? Really, you do? Five hours, mid-morning, in Brandon?

hansenc
Jun 19, 2010, 11:25 AM
Let's say you get there at 3 AM. The store opens at 7 AM. That's four hours standing in line, plus whatever time it takes to get from your position to the head of the line, and then into the store. Let's add an hour for the waiting around once the store opens. TOTAL TIME IN LINE: Five hours.

Now, let's jump forward to, say, 9 AM. There's still a line, but it's moving. Do you really think this line will take five hours between the time you get into it at 9 AM and the time you enter the store? Really, you do? Five hours, mid-morning, in Brandon?

Well that thought process is fine if you reserved a phone, i didn't. very good chance they would be sold out if you just showed up at 9am and got in the line.

Hardcoredan52
Jun 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
I'm coming out about 2 AM that morning maybe sooner.. Don't trust apple.. I have a email confirmation of reservation too... But would like to get my hands on it as soon as I can... Thought about going to dicks the night before, about 8:30 right before close(9pm) and buying a tent.. walking over to apple and posting the ****** right on up!!!:D

Gators Fan
Jun 19, 2010, 04:07 PM
I'm coming out about 2 AM . . . going to dicks the night before, about 8:30 right before close (9pm) and buying a tent.. walking over to apple and posting the ****** right on up!!!:D
All right! You da man! Don't forget the ice chest of cold ones.

hansenc
Jun 19, 2010, 05:27 PM
What is the mall policy for waiting outside? will they let you into the parking lot or out front of the door? anyone called the mall yet to confirm?

Anonymouslives
Jun 21, 2010, 09:56 AM
What is the mall policy for waiting outside? will they let you into the parking lot or out front of the door? anyone called the mall yet to confirm?

I have no idea. I'd imagine the mall security will know about it ahead of time.

As for the getting in line at 9AM thing, there might not be any phones left at 9AM. I know you're trusting that the Apple store will hold your phone for you all day, like it says on your reservation confirmation, but what happens if they don't? What if they say there were errors in the system and the phones are gone? Sure, you'll be p****d and maybe you'll get a $50 gift card or something, but you WON'T get an iPhone 4. At least not until mid-late July.
You're trusting Apple when they over-sold pre-orders on the iPhone 4 and have been canceling orders because of it. There are going to be BIG problems on launch day.

hansenc
Jun 21, 2010, 10:44 AM
Can't decide if I want to wait at an Apple Store or wait at AT&T.

Manager I spoke with said they will have phones for walk-ins and there is a store close to me but the Apple Store is around 30 minutes away.

Plus the Brandon Mall Apple store is a pain to camp at, at least with an ATT store I can sit in my car till someone else comes around.

Guess I will make the final decision later this week, I will call the ATT Store Wednesday hopefully after they received stock and make sure they will have some for walk-ins.

Anonymouslives
Jun 21, 2010, 04:02 PM
Can't decide if I want to wait at an Apple Store or wait at AT&T.

Manager I spoke with said they will have phones for walk-ins and there is a store close to me but the Apple Store is around 30 minutes away.

Plus the Brandon Mall Apple store is a pain to camp at, at least with an ATT store I can sit in my car till someone else comes around.

Guess I will make the final decision later this week, I will call the ATT Store Wednesday hopefully after they received stock and make sure they will have some for walk-ins.

The Apple store will have FAR more phones than an AT&T store. Your best shot is at Apple.

hansenc
Jun 21, 2010, 04:08 PM
The Apple store will have FAR more phones than an AT&T store. Your best shot is at Apple.

I know they will have more and if there is a line by the time I get to ATT then I will def be heading to the Apple store but figured if I am first in line at ATT they should have AT LEAST one iphone for walk-in. At least that's what the manager told me.

hansenc
Jun 22, 2010, 03:47 PM
Looks like Apple store for me seeing as ATT won't sell on release.

What a joke. this has been a total mess.

Anonymouslives
Jun 22, 2010, 03:49 PM
Looks like Apple store for me seeing as ATT won't sell on release.

What a joke. this has been a total mess.

Yeah I was just going to post that for you, if you hadn't seen it, about ATT not taking walk-ins until the 29th. Guess we'll see you there after-all.

hansenc
Jun 22, 2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah I was just going to post that for you, if you hadn't seen it, about ATT not taking walk-ins until the 29th. Guess we'll see you there after-all.

Yeah with the way things are going I wonder if Apple will even have any. lol

Something tells me people will start lining up for walk-ins tomorrow mid evening.

Anonymouslives
Jun 22, 2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah with the way things are going I wonder if Apple will even have any. lol

Something tells me people will start lining up for walk-ins tomorrow mid evening.

That would suck, I hope not too many if they do. I'd like to be in the top 20-30 people getting there by like 4AM or so.

hansenc
Jun 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
That would suck, I hope not too many if they do. I'd like to be in the top 20-30 people getting there by like 4AM or so.

Well I have class on Wed. till about 10pm, im over by international mall when i get out of class so I might drive by and see if there is a line or not, if not I might just hang out there all evening. Parking lot is alot closer to the entrance so makes it a little easier to go back and forth to the car.

The brandon mall entrance sucks in relation to the parking lot.

ShellyFM
Jun 22, 2010, 11:59 PM
I am really hoping they have the white iPhones at launch since they only said they aren't available for pre-order or in-store pick-up, which I'm hoping means not available for pre-order or reservation but is available for walk-ins. If anyone hears anything, will you please post the info or PM me, and I'll come camp out with you guys! Thanks!

Anonymouslives
Jun 23, 2010, 01:22 PM
So guys, is anyone in line yet?

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 01:29 PM
Nope I wont be till 12 or so tonight

ShellyFM
Jun 23, 2010, 01:37 PM
I was hoping to join you all in camping out, but Apple finally officially announced that there will be no white iPhones. So, I won't be joining in the fun. I'll be watching the thread to see how you all are doing with the camping out. Have fun!!!

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 03:52 PM
No one camping currently at this store. Busy tho.

Posted from in store iPad. Pretty cool.

Anonymouslives
Jun 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
No one camping currently at this store. Busy tho.

Posted from in store iPad. Pretty cool.

Since you're there already, can you make sure they don;t sell my "reserved" iPhone to someone who walks in off the street?:D

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 04:19 PM
according to what the apple employees are hearing and what mall officials and security told me.

Westfield Brandon will not allow people to camp out over night, no cars are allowed into the parking lot till 6am.

this is crap!

morynne
Jun 23, 2010, 04:27 PM
according to what the apple employees are hearing and what mall officials and security told me.

Westfield Brandon will not allow people to camp out over night, no cars are allowed into the parking lot till 6am.

this is crap!

Good thing that's about the time my husband and I planned on being there :D

See you guys in the morning!

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 04:52 PM
yeah talked to mall security desk over the phone, no one in parking. it is confirmed.

Guess I'm going to international. they will allow campers. was told its ok over the phone.

SrTalskeee
Jun 23, 2010, 06:28 PM
Alright guys.....What is our new battle plan?:confused:

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 06:51 PM
Im in line currently @ international.

SrTalskeee
Jun 23, 2010, 06:55 PM
Im in line currently @ international.

What place are you in line? Very Crowded?

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 06:58 PM
25ish in line, its getting longer. Bay News 9 just showed up.

SrTalskeee
Jun 23, 2010, 07:01 PM
I'm going to go up to Brandon tomorrow. Good luck at Tampa! I will post the situation at the mall tomorrow morning. Around 6 that is lol!

Anonymouslives
Jun 23, 2010, 08:45 PM
Can anyone else confirm was hansenc has said about tomorrow morning at 6AM?
I just want to make sure there isn't a line already by any chance.

SrTalskeee
Jun 23, 2010, 08:54 PM
Can anyone else confirm was hansenc has said about tomorrow morning at 6AM?
I just want to make sure there isn't a line already by any chance.

I called into the mall's main number and the lady said that "no one is to be on the grounds around the main doors before 6am." she didn't say anything about parking so what I am going to do is go up and park around 5:30 and if anyone comes up and tells me to move I will act dumb and say I didn't know. Lol

i1ducati
Jun 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
How many of you are going to Brandon without preordering? I preordered from best buy but they didnt get any 32g models. Everyone just getting there at 6?

morynne
Jun 23, 2010, 09:30 PM
How many of you are going to Brandon without preordering? I preordered from best buy but they didnt get any 32g models. Everyone just getting there at 6?

I reserved at the brandon store.

SrTalskeee
Jun 23, 2010, 09:40 PM

I did not preorder......I really hope I get one.

i1ducati
Jun 23, 2010, 09:49 PM
I did not preorder......I really hope I get one.

What time are you getting there?

tidus37
Jun 23, 2010, 09:50 PM
Bah. I'm getting there 10 min before.

i1ducati
Jun 23, 2010, 09:59 PM
I reserved at the brandon store.

I just went through the preorder form online. Is it too late for me? do I select a store or print something out or pay? I can select online or retail store, and under retail store it says:

Apple Retail Store
Thank you for setting up your account online. Visit your favorite Apple Retail Store starting on June 24 to buy your iPhone. iPhone 4 is available on a first-come first-served basis. Limit 2 per person.

does this mean I have one reserved at any store???

robbfladry
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
What time are you getting there?

I'm going to try four am, if we get asked to leave, hang in the parking lot or elsewhere. And be there first thing at six.

i1ducati
Jun 23, 2010, 10:37 PM
I'm going to try four am, if we get asked to leave, hang in the parking lot or elsewhere. And be there first thing at six.

That sounds good, where is the best parking spot? I've never been to this one.

Robots
Jun 23, 2010, 11:36 PM

Anyone have a report on how things are going? Last nite I spoke with an Apple employee from the Brandon store on the phone, and he confirmed that mall security won't let people line up before 6am. So how is this going to work then? As I type this, there are reports of over 200 people in line at the International location right now! I can only imagine someone has to be at, or near, the Brandon location? Can mall security really try to remove us if we get a bunch of people in the parking lot? What have they done in the past at the mall for morning releases? Thinking of heading up from Bradenton around 2-4am. Sleep can come later.

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 11:38 PM
Anyone have a report on how things are going? Last nite I spoke with an Apple employee from the Brandon store on the phone, and he confirmed that mall security won't let people line up before 6am. So how is this going to work then? As I type this, there are reports of over 200 people in line at the International location right now! I can only imagine someone has to be at, or near, the Brandon location? Can mall security really try to remove us if we get a bunch of people in the parking lot? What have they done in the past at the mall for morning releases? Thinking of heading up from Bradenton around 2-4am. Sleep can come later.

Yeah they can remove you or call the police to remove you. Im around 20ish in line at International. I won't shop at the Apple Store in Brandon anymore, Apple could of thrown their weight around and talked mall security into letting people camp. its crap really.

ShellyFM
Jun 23, 2010, 11:41 PM

Last year, I was there a little before 6am for the 3Gs launch. There were about 20 in front of me at that time. We were lined up outside the mall entrance near California Pizza Kitchen. I don't recall seeing security.

LotuSviLLe
Jun 23, 2010, 11:56 PM
I'll be there at 6am if security is going to be $|-|ity about us Lemmings. Fold out chair is a brilliant idea. lol.

robbfladry
Jun 24, 2010, 12:49 AM
That sounds good, where is the best parking spot? I've never been to this one.

Back side of the mall by Dicks Sporting Goods I do believe.

Robots
Jun 24, 2010, 03:03 AM
Ok, apparently there are several 'lines' here, since we can't all line up at the entrance, we are organizing off- property. One guy is kinda making a list, and I'm 57 on that list. It seems that s few lists will be combined into one, and then split into preorder and pick up.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 03:28 AM
wow that really sucks, in line at international. they treated us great. have power from the building, plenty of extension cords and power strips, port-o-potties.

Security has been GREAT, very friendly.

3 news trucks out right now. Bay News 9, ABC, and Fox.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 03:33 AM
We have 5 spots for sale within top 30 spaces.

200$ each, PM if you want them. first 4 that make it here get the spots. PM me and I will provide my cell phone to direct you when you get here.

Robots
Jun 24, 2010, 03:34 AM
wow that really sucks, in line at international. they treated us great. have power from the building, plenty of extension cords and power strips, port-o-potties.

Security has been GREAT, very friendly.

3 news trucks out right now. Bay News 9, ABC, and Fox.

Not the case here. Security is almost non-existent, and that which is here is making everyone sit In their cars, a deputy came out and was yelling at people to leave, and I even heard of some possible arrests earlier. Mob is not happy.

robbfladry
Jun 24, 2010, 03:47 AM
Not the case here. Security is almost non-existent, and that which is here is making everyone sit In their cars, a deputy came out and was yelling at people to leave, and I even heard of some possible arrests earlier. Mob is not happy.

Yep. Sitting in my car currently. I assume at 5:30 when we can get out of our cars it will be a mad rush to get into line. Hopefully all hell doesn't break loose.

tidus37
Jun 24, 2010, 04:07 AM
How many people are in line now?

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 04:07 AM
We have 6 confirmed reserved tickets for iphones right now.

$200 per ticket.

PIC REMOVED NOW THAT THINGS ARE OVER

WE HAVE 6 of them!

First come first serve. PM for details.

Robots
Jun 24, 2010, 04:08 AM
Deputy says we can start lining up at 5:30. Seeing the number of people in their cars right now, come 5:25 or so, it's going to get NUTS here. I'm scared...

spillproof
Jun 24, 2010, 04:11 AM
Oh, and. . . GO GATORS!

Wrong city . . . GO BULLS!

Just kidding! I love the Gators too (Just not as much :p)

We have 5 spots for sale within top 30 spaces.

200$ each, PM if you want them. first 4 that make it here get the spots. PM me and I will provide my cell phone to direct you when you get here.

Seriously? :confused: I don't think anyone is going to take you up on that offer. And if someone does, they need to seek counseling.

AND TIMG THAT MONSTROSITY OF A PHOTO!

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 04:12 AM
Wrong city . . . GO BULLS!

Just kidding! I love the Gators too (Just not as much :p)

Seriously? :confused: I don't think anyone is going to take you up on that offer. And if someone does, they need to seek counseling.

we will see. OBO

jisaac
Jun 24, 2010, 05:18 AM
How is it at the Brandon store? Crazy or still reasonable?

SrTalskeee
Jun 24, 2010, 05:36 AM

Crazy!!! Tons of people! About 120th in line. Don't know if I'm going to get one.

tidus37
Jun 24, 2010, 05:41 AM

Nuts. I'm on the reservations line now.

jeff33702
Jun 24, 2010, 05:57 AM
Glad mine arrived yesterday....... Just thought I would throw that out :)

Strangely, I've waited in line for xbox, ps3 and other things but never an Apple product. Maybe when the iPad gets a retina display, I'll come camp :)

Good luck guys.

FYI - went to Best Buy yesterday to buy accessories for my IP4 - they had them there, on a rack but wouldn't sell them until today. I guess they wanted to make sure they had accessories for the 5 people who receive phones today.... morons.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 09:23 AM
How did brandon turn out to be? crazy?

sorry about the picture size, limited resources while sitting in line outside a mall.

chronman23
Jun 24, 2010, 09:24 AM
I was thinking about going down there with no reservation to see if I can get lucky. Its about a 30 minute drive for me. For anyone that went there this morning, would I be wasting my time?

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 09:24 AM
I do have a full price iphone I would be willing to let go if someone that didn't end up with one is interested.

Will most likely make it to ebay this evening.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 09:26 AM
I was thinking about going down there with no reservation to see if I can get lucky. Its about a 30 minute drive for me. For anyone that went there this morning, would I be wasting my time?

This late in the game? I would say yes.

chronman23
Jun 24, 2010, 09:27 AM
I do have a full price iphone I would be willing to let go if someone that didn't end up with one is interested.

Will most likely make it to ebay this evening.

How much are you looking to get for it?

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 09:33 AM
How much are you looking to get for it?

I haven't done the research yet on how much they are going for, feel free to make a fair offer. Keep in mind, I paid 640.93 with taxes and been in line since 6pm Wednesday night.

chronman23
Jun 24, 2010, 09:36 AM
I haven't done the research yet on how much they are going for, feel free to make a fair offer. Keep in mind, I paid 640.93 with taxes and been in line since 6pm Wednesday night.

Probably gonna be a little much for me but thanks for the response anyway. Good luck selling it.

Gators Fan
Jun 24, 2010, 10:34 AM
Good experience at Apple store @ the Brandon Mall.

Arrived w/ reservation and checked in @ 7 AM. Entered store @9:30. Had phone setup and ready to use by 10:00. Easy and pleasant transaction.Good performance by Apple store personnel.

Anonymouslives
Jun 24, 2010, 10:53 AM
I was at Brandon in the reservation line. Got there a little before 6 am and got out with my phone activated by 8:00-15. I felt bad for all the people who were in the other line that just showed up. There must have been tons of people who didn't get a phone.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 11:19 AM
International was great, not only could we actually camp, they had tints out for us, we had power for laptops, internet, and best of all FREE BREAKFAST from Chick-fli-a.

Walk-in line moved a little slow but all in all totally worth it.

Anonymouslives
Jun 24, 2010, 02:52 PM
At Brandon, they were letting like 1 walk in customer, for every 30 reservation customers. I can imagine those people were getting pretty pissed off, but I was definitely glad to be one who reserved.

Based on what was being said about 6AM opening, I got there at about 5:45AM and got in line. There were already hundreds of people there. The Apple store employees came by shortly after that and separated the reservation customers from the walk-in customers. At that point, I was probably about the 45th reservation customer, in the reservation line. By the time I went in, only one person from the other line had been allowed in and while I was in the store being activated, the second person from that line was allowed in.

Next launch of something I want, I think I'll be smart and purchase ahead of time and just let it be delivered to me. Even with the reservation, I did not find it a particularly enjoyable experience, not that anything bad happened, I just don't like standing in one place for 2 hours, I get a little antsy, if you know what I mean.

The Apple store employees did their best to make everyone feel welcome. They clapped for us, and us for them, and they brought us Panera bread bakery stuff (cookies, bagles, etc), smart water bottles, bags of chips, etc.

I'd like to hear from some people in the walk-in line and find out if people were in line for a long time, only to NOT end up getting a phone in the end.

I have some pictures, I'll try and upload later.

dcsatt
Jun 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
I'm in the reservation line at Brandon now. They seem to have stopped giving reservation folks any special priority. They're bringing them in 1:1 now. Very frustrating. :mad:
Been here over an hour and barely moved.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 07:54 PM
I'm in the reservation line at Brandon now. They seem to have stopped giving reservation folks any special priority. They're bringing them in 1:1 now. Very frustrating. :mad:
Been here over an hour and barely moved.

Wow Brandon still has phones for walk-ins? crazy.

tidus37
Jun 25, 2010, 12:06 AM
Ya we were in the reservations line also, we got there like at 0545 hubby and I. We left like @ 8am with our phones in hand. 2 32gb phones. :apple: