PDA

View Full Version : Is your In-Store Reservation Really Guaranteed?

ItouchMe
Jun 18, 2010, 01:08 PM
I hope this has not been mentioned before, but I wanted to bring to peoples attention what the confirmation emails says when you "Reserve" your iPhone at your local Apple Store.

First, everything seems great. You see this...
http://uploadpad.com/files/Screen_shot_2010-06-18_at_1.59.15_PM.png

Seems great right?

BUT...IF you take a look at that nasty fine print on the bottom of the email, you see this...
http://uploadpad.com/files/Screen_shot_2010-06-18_at_2.00.01_PM.png

So, if they are served on a first come, first serve basis. Does this mean that the reservation means nothing and the only advantage that we have is that they have are information already. It just seams odd to me, especially when they say they are going to hold it until the end of business.

Now, I did not reserve the 3GS so I'm not sure how it worked last year, but can anybody make sense of this. Do us "Reservers" have any advantage over the people waiting over night?

hcoteen2008
Jun 18, 2010, 01:16 PM
I've called the Apple Store near me and spoke with the manager and said, yes that your reservation is a guaranteed phone.

ItouchMe
Jun 18, 2010, 01:21 PM
I've called the Apple Store near me and spoke with the manager and said, yes that your reservation is a guaranteed phone.

Thank you for answering, and thank you for being nice unlike the other people who made me feel like an idiot on the other thread.

ezl
Jun 18, 2010, 05:26 PM
Apple Store Soho, NYC.

After checking the Apple rep indicated that they are holding a phone specifically for me until they close the store. He said that what the pre-authorization referred to was the AT&T pre-authorization for eligibility which was part of the reservation process. I'm actually not sure he fully understood the reasoning, but my takeaway from that conversation and other things I've read (as well as the language in the email itself) makes me think that they are separating the *reservation* process from the *pre-authorization* process.

In any event, I'm confident that they'll have a phone for me as long as I get there before the store closes :cool:

One note: he stressed that I should bring a copy of the confirmation email when I went.

hcoteen2008
Jun 18, 2010, 05:56 PM
One note: he stressed that I should bring a copy of the confirmation email when I went.

I agree on this, bring the e-mail just in case. I called my Apple Store to confirm my reservation and they received it, but bring the e-mail to be on the safe said. :)