PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 Southcenter / Westfield mall Apple Store In Line Now!!!!!

agirton
Jun 18, 2010, 02:10 PM
Well its that time again. Who's going here this year? I will be there for sure with a friend and business partner. Who else is in? What time is everyone planning on getting in line?

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y380/agirton/Screenshot2010-06-21at103222AM.jpg

Dinnesdale
Jun 19, 2010, 06:25 PM
I'll be there, but not sure what time - early days yet. :)

Proph3T
Jun 19, 2010, 06:38 PM
still trying to decide what store to go to. I'm going to be bringing a bunch of people with me. Do you guys know how it works at southcenter? Which entrance and when do they let us in the actual mall? I'm thinking of maybe going to u-village

sch9171
Jun 19, 2010, 06:53 PM
still trying to decide what store to go to. I'm going to be bringing a bunch of people with me. Do you guys know how it works at southcenter? Which entrance and when do they let us in the actual mall? I'm thinking of maybe going to u-village

I don't know the answers to those questions (I've never camped out, and don't plan to this time since I pre-ordered). However, from my experiences trying to find a 3G a couple of years ago in the days following the launch, I will say I found the Southcenter store to be the least crazy in the area. U-Village seemed the worst (for how many people were there). I ended up buying in Bellevue, but that was more luck than anything else...

agirton
Jun 20, 2010, 05:43 PM

I have been there for every iphone launch so far at the southcenter store. It is always a blast, hangin out, playing games, postin photos. So much better than sitting at home waiting for the stupid delivery truck to come by. The line goes out the door where Johnny Rockets used to be. If you watch this post and post when you head down I can help you find us. About an hour before they will open that door first and let us go in and wait for the opening. Thats where they separate into reservation and non reservation lines. Feel free to hang with us, we will be there all night. I am going to bring my camping table so we can play games, so bring a camp chair.

Andy

Proph3T
Jun 20, 2010, 06:25 PM
awesome man sounds like fun. haven't exactly figured out when I'll be heading down there but I couldn't get my pre-order through so I'll definitely be there pretty early.

Jeff

agirton
Jun 21, 2010, 10:34 AM
awesome man sounds like fun. haven't exactly figured out when I'll be heading down there but I couldn't get my pre-order through so I'll definitely be there pretty early.

Jeff

Let me know when you figure out what time your heading down. I'm gonna post a map in a bit to show you where we line up.

agirton
Jun 21, 2010, 12:46 PM
Let me know when you figure out what time your heading down. I'm gonna post a map in a bit to show you where we line up.

Map added.

note235
Jun 21, 2010, 03:40 PM
ill be there
anyone planning on bringing a portable battery or something?
can we make bbq? what time should we show up based on past experiences?

agirton
Jun 21, 2010, 03:49 PM
ill be there
anyone planning on bringing a portable battery or something?
can we make bbq? what time should we show up based on past experiences?

The first iphone I showed up at 6:00am and was first in line, 2nd year we had 10-20 from about midnight till 3 then the line began to build. By the time the mall opened the line went to Macy's and lasted all day, people who came later in the day stood in line and left with no phone because the store closed. They were given front of the line access the next day. Last year we had less around midnight, and less throughout the pre opening hours due to the preordering. Judging from the demand, failure to reserve, etc and from seeing that all across the country people are planning to camp out from midnight on I expect a decent turnout this year. If you were interested in coming around midnight I am sure there will be a group of us by then to hang out and chat with.
As far as bbq, security will frown on that, they hated my mini generator last year so we will charge in cars for laptops and my ipad lasts a LONG time so I might not even have to charge it.
I will post here when I show up and give a status on lines, security, number of people, times, etc.

Proph3T
Jun 21, 2010, 04:26 PM
I was thinking of showing up somewhere in the 10-midnight time range. I definitely don't want to get stuck without getting an iPhone. Thanks for the map tho. If only i had a car with a big screen mounted in the back.

agirton
Jun 21, 2010, 04:27 PM
I was thinking of showing up somewhere in the 10-midnight time range. I definitely don't want to get stuck without getting an iPhone. Thanks for the map tho. If only i had a car with a big screen mounted in the back.

That would be awesome! I will try to get someone to bring us some donuts.

note235
Jun 21, 2010, 04:39 PM
my reservation is on and so is my friends but my brother will try and get a 32gb so i think we're going to camp out also, will probably be there at around 3-4am

agirton
Jun 21, 2010, 04:40 PM
my reservation is on and so is my friends but my brother will try and get a 32gb so i think we're going to camp out also, will probably be there at around 3-4am

Awesome, looking forward to a big crowd. Bring some monster with you and Ill buy a can, Im sure Ill be out by then. lol

agirton
Jun 22, 2010, 03:05 PM
Well, I am guessing since noone will be lining up at At&t now, and BestBuys stock leaks show low amounts we might actually have a big turnout for campers. I hope so it will be fun.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/22/no-pre-order-atandt-wont-have-an-iphone-4-for-you-until-june-29/

agirton
Jun 22, 2010, 05:50 PM
Update from the manager at the apple store is that the mall security will be allowing a line to form at midnight tomorrow night and they will setup dividers for two lines at that time. So come on guys come down at midnight and hang out for the launch. I will post any additional info I get.

Edit: oh and one more thing........ They said no bonfires or bbqs! LOL

BeegeBug
Jun 22, 2010, 09:55 PM
So the line we're forming at midnight, do you mean to say Mall Security is letting us form it inside the mall?

agirton
Jun 22, 2010, 09:56 PM
So the line we're forming at midnight, do you mean to say Mall Security is letting us form it inside the mall?

No they are letting us form it outside at midnight.

BeegeBug
Jun 23, 2010, 12:03 AM
Well, since Best Buy failed on my pre-order (3rd in line and not enough inventory) I will probably see you then :P

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 12:15 AM
Well, since Best Buy failed on my pre-order (3rd in line and not enough inventory) I will probably see you then :P

Awesome, see you there.

Eddyisgreat
Jun 23, 2010, 12:16 AM
uvillage

note235
Jun 23, 2010, 02:44 AM
hope u guys dont mind my mom being there later, i have one iphone on reservation but they need the primary acct holder to be there, im only an "authorized" user----lame---but she has to work early so cant wake up tooo early haha

salsageek
Jun 23, 2010, 03:23 AM
My buddy and I are planning on driving from Spokane to camp with you guys. We couldn't reserve online so we tried Bestbuy. #24 & #25 so I highly doubt we will get one on thursday. we will drive over as soon as we get off from work. what do you think of our chances scoring a couple of non-reserved phone?

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 09:05 AM
hope u guys dont mind my mom being there later, i have one iphone on reservation but they need the primary acct holder to be there, im only an "authorized" user----lame---but she has to work early so cant wake up tooo early haha

That's cool,my mom may swing by with her new phone, it shows up TODAY! Dang preorders.

My buddy and I are planning on driving from Spokane to camp with you guys. We couldn't reserve online so we tried Bestbuy. #24 & #25 so I highly doubt we will get one on thursday. we will drive over as soon as we get off from work. what do you think of our chances scoring a couple of non-reserved phone?

Awesome, I bet you will be fine. What time do you think you will get there?

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 12:10 PM
Decided to take the day off and start the line. I will help organize things as well as I can here too. I will try to get some kind of info as to the number of reservations and non reservation units available although I am sure I will not be able to get exact figures just a general, we have plenty, or supplies are limited type of answer. The main line will still be setup at midnight with the two lines.

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
Just talked to someone, and they said if you are here and inline tonight you will LIKELY get one. They do expect to sell out quickly though. The way it will work is there will be two lines. At 7am the reservation line will start, at 8am thee non reserved will start until they run out. I would guess they have more that 100 but less than 300 non reserved phones available at this store. Needless to say, get here early and you will be sure to get one.

note235
Jun 23, 2010, 01:05 PM
thanks, wait if i wanted an extra one and have my friend wait in line does that mean it starts at 8am for the non reserve?
and where r u? im swinging by apple today at like 1am

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 01:09 PM
thanks, wait if i wanted an extra one and have my friend wait in line does that mean it starts at 8am for the non reserve?
and where r u? im swinging by apple today at like 1am

1am? We will be at the location on the map in the OP. Right now I am in the store till they close tonight. And yes, thats how the lines will work here.

salsageek
Jun 23, 2010, 01:36 PM
Awesome info. We will try to be there by midnight!

Just talked to someone, and they said if you are here and inline tonight you will LIKELY get one. They do expect to sell out quickly though. The way it will work is there will be two lines. At 7am the reservation line will start, at 8am thee non reserved will start until they run out. I would guess they have more that 100 but less than 300 non reserved phones available at this store. Needless to say, get here early and you will be sure to get one.

djhyro
Jun 23, 2010, 01:39 PM
i live in renton (not too far)..don't have a pre-order so i plan to get there around midnight..look for me in a gray/black striped beanie..woohoo!

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
i live in renton (not too far)..don't have a pre-order so i plan to get there around midnight..look for me in a gray/black striped beanie..woohoo!

Cool, I 'll be the guy at the front of the line. ;)

My mom just swung by so I could activate her iphone4, got to facetime with the son of one of the employees here that got his today too. It ROCKED. If your wavering at all, don't. This phone is legit. Rock solid feel. Now I really can't wait till morning.

note235
Jun 23, 2010, 03:23 PM
i meant 1pm--do u work at apple?
im heading there now

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 03:24 PM
im heading there now

No, I am sitting in the front right area with my MBP.

Eddyisgreat
Jun 23, 2010, 03:29 PM
No, I am sitting in the front right area with my MBP.

looooooooooooooooooooooooool

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
looooooooooooooooooooooooool

Whatever uvillage troll. :D Are you in line yet?

Eddyisgreat
Jun 23, 2010, 03:44 PM
Whatever uvillage troll. :D Are you in line yet?

NOPE not yet I will head out in 3 or so hours.

There are already 4 people in line for walk ins. I there they got their 2.5 hours ago.

I just checked the line, hung out at starbucks and went back to my APT lol no need to rush.

Good luck tho :D

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 03:46 PM
NOPE not yet I will head out in 3 or so hours.

There are already 4 people in line for walk ins. I there they got their 2.5 hours ago.

I just checked the line, hung out at starbucks and went back to my APT lol no need to rush.

Good luck tho :D
Cool, ya I got here when they opened at 10. Have fun!

salsageek
Jun 23, 2010, 04:58 PM
Another question:

What if I need to go pee or #2? :eek:

Sorry this is my first time camping out for the iphone in front of a store.

Cool, ya I got here when they opened at 10. Have fun!

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 05:02 PM
Another question:

What if I need to go pee or #2? :eek:

Sorry this is my first time camping out for the iphone in front of a store.

Usually there is a door to go in to bathroom, otherwise we save spot.

Conductor
Jun 23, 2010, 05:03 PM
Interesting thread! If you have a phone reserved at the store, are you guaranteed to get one? Will they run out of reserved phones?

The reason I ask is that I've read some articles and posts that say just because you have a reservation doesn't mean that they won't run out.

If this is a concern, what time should a person with a reservation get in line?

Thanks from a total newbie! :p

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 05:07 PM
Interesting thread! If you have a phone reserved at the store, are you guaranteed to get one? Will they run out of reserved phones?

The reason I ask is that I've read some articles and posts that say just because you have a reservation doesn't mean that they won't run out.

If this is a concern, what time should a person with a reservation get in line?

Thanks from a total newbie! :p

As long as you show up on launch day, it is guaranteed. It will be gone the next day. If they did not get enough to cover the reserved they would not allow walk ins. They did though and will have SOME walking sales starting at 8.

Conductor
Jun 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
As long as you show up on launch day, it is guaranteed. It will be gone the next day. If they did not get enough to cover the reserved they would not allow walk ins. They did though and will have SOME walking sales starting at 8.

That is great news! It sounds like I won't have to wake up on the crack of dawn on my birthday! (mmm..precious sleep...) I'll still try to get there before work, but at least it takes some of the pressure off.

Thanks!

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 05:14 PM
That is great news! It sounds like I won't have to wake up on the crack of dawn on my birthday! (mmm..precious sleep...) I'll still try to get there before work, but at least it takes some of the pressure off.

Thanks!

Oh come on! Come camp with us!!!!

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 05:22 PM
im heading there now

What happened? Change your mind?

Proph3T
Jun 23, 2010, 06:59 PM
are you the only one in line right now?

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
are you the only one in line right now?

2 others. 3 total.

Proph3T
Jun 23, 2010, 07:02 PM
all with reservations? or not?

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 07:03 PM
all with reservations? or not?

One without res.

Proph3T
Jun 23, 2010, 07:07 PM
thanks man. I'll probably be heading down after dinner. Any power outlets by chance?

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
thanks man. I'll probably be heading down after dinner. Any power outlets by chance?

For now.

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 07:11 PM

Another just showed up.

Suertetres
Jun 23, 2010, 07:43 PM
Another just showed up.

Haha. That's me. The guy told me that there are 3 people in front of me. Where is everyone?

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 07:49 PM
Haha. That's me. The guy told me that there are 3 people in front of me. Where is everyone?

Were by the front right towards the front counter.

Eddyisgreat
Jun 23, 2010, 08:30 PM
What's the count over there? The walkin line looks like a fsckin zoo over here.

I'm the only one in the reserved line lol.

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 08:51 PM
What's the count over there? The walkin line looks like a fsckin zoo over here.

I'm the only one in the reserved line lol.

We have 11+ in non reserved and 3 in the reserved.

note235
Jun 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
cool, thanks for the update, ill be there at around 2 am haha

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 09:53 PM
cool, thanks for the update, ill be there at around 2 am haha

Hope there are still phones that far back in line......... It's still growing.

note235
Jun 23, 2010, 10:04 PM
its reserved

Proph3T
Jun 23, 2010, 10:05 PM
how many are in the non-reserved line now?

note235
Jun 23, 2010, 10:19 PM
oh how many ppl now?

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
oh how many ppl now?

About 20 non reserved 5 reserved.

note235
Jun 23, 2010, 11:02 PM
cool thanks! im going to take a nap haha

3F05Q
Jun 23, 2010, 11:02 PM
Any idea on how many customer's per hour they hope to move through the store?

I'm coming from Seattle and I'll see you all in the morning!

Proph3T
Jun 23, 2010, 11:03 PM
Just got here About 30 non reserved in line. Under 10 reserved.

maokh
Jun 23, 2010, 11:06 PM
Sounds like showing up around 5am with a reservation wont be a bad proposition :p

Last year they opened up the store about 6, and the line was manageable.

agirton
Jun 23, 2010, 11:18 PM
Sounds like showing up around 5am with a reservation wont be a bad proposition :p

Last year they opened up the store about 6, and the line was manageable.

Ha, don't count on comparing last year. At this time last year I was the only one here.

note235
Jun 24, 2010, 12:17 AM
so hard to sleep haha

joeshmo2010
Jun 24, 2010, 12:27 AM
im so glad i preordered lol. playing with my iphone 4 right now!! its awesome. i stopped by the sc apple store today during my lunch break to see if i could just walk in and grab a case since i dont have one yet. he said they will allow that :)

maokh
Jun 24, 2010, 12:54 AM
Did they kick you guys out of the mall yet?

note235
Jun 24, 2010, 03:35 AM
should be there soon---hows the line?

maokh
Jun 24, 2010, 03:59 AM
I was on my way home, so i drove by and took a picture. The reservation line is only a couple of people, but here is a picture of the no reservation line. its a bit insane.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs147.snc4/36697_10150220615740484_532240483_13314663_5731339_n.jpg

Eddyisgreat
Jun 24, 2010, 04:01 AM
lol ya'll r stuck outside.

Oh wait so are we :/

Our reserve line is shorter here too. It'll get thicker by morn 16 (reserved) / 80 (nonreserve) (last estimate)

Proph3T
Jun 24, 2010, 05:53 AM
If anyone is still checking this non reserves is probably about 60 maybe a bit more. And reservations still isn't bad at all didn't feel like counting. They are letting us in the mall at 6:00 and they should start selling right at 7 to both reserves and non reserves... According to the nice lady that has been feeding us and keeping us hydrated. Major thanks to them.

Eddyisgreat
Jun 24, 2010, 05:58 AM
According to the nice lady that has been feeding us and keeping us hydrated.

Lol u sound like a brainwashed captive bro. y'all need help down there ? :D

Proph3T
Jun 24, 2010, 06:11 AM
We're trapped in an iPhone obsessed insane asylum.

maokh
Jun 24, 2010, 08:21 AM
The reserved line has really lengthened. Maybe close to 70-80?

Proph3T
Jun 24, 2010, 12:23 PM
non reserve line is the worst experience of my life... truly awful customer service. 25th person in the line and we are still waiting.

agirton
Jun 25, 2010, 01:17 PM
non reserve line is the worst experience of my life... truly awful customer service. 25th person in the line and we are still waiting.

What time did yo finally get through to the store? And dont take this the wrong way, but I think the customer service was fine, should they have taken the non reserves before the people who reserved one? I realize there were issues with the res system, but demand was crazy they had to have some sort of organization and not penalize those that did get a res. Again I do not mean to be rude, I just guess I understand why they did things the way they did.

Omn a side note, I am loving my phone. I do not have any issues that some sites have posted about and would not switch to any other phone.

Suertetres
Jun 25, 2010, 04:35 PM
I thought the service was awesome. This was my first launch event and I was shocked at how well the Apple employees treated us. I was first in the non reserved line and was on my way by 8:00. Phone is awesome btw

Side note. Is your friend feeling better?

agirton
Jun 25, 2010, 04:58 PM
I thought the service was awesome. This was my first launch event and I was shocked at how well the Apple employees treated us. I was first in the non reserved line and was on my way by 8:00. Phone is awesome btw

Side note. Is your friend feeling better?

He is doing better, but still draggin tail. Thanks for asking. It was nice to meet you, we will have to hang out again sometime, maybe in about 12 months. :D

Proph3T
Jun 26, 2010, 03:41 PM
We didn't get a phone until 11:30. I understand that reserves do deserve them first. But from 7:45 when the first guy went through until when I went through from position 25 seems a little ridiculous. But of course once we got our phones custom service was superb as usual.

salsageek
Jun 28, 2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah it was quite the wait but all is well now. I am loving my new phone. :)

On my way back to Spokane, I got a call from Bestbuy and the guy told me UPS just dropped off your phones. Do you still want them? I was like are you kidding me??? :eek: 15h of waiting in line + 8h of driving just to get the phone 4 hours early. :o

We didn't get a phone until 11:30. I understand that reserves do deserve them first. But from 7:45 when the first guy went through until when I went through from position 25 seems a little ridiculous. But of course once we got our phones custom service was superb as usual.

agirton
Oct 10, 2011, 07:31 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=13540896#post13540896