waterskier2007
Jun 12, 2010, 08:55 AM
Anyone going for the iPhone 4 release?

what time do they open?

billchase2
Jun 15, 2010, 11:50 AM
what time do they open?
The Apple Stores open at 7am.

I just got mine reserved, so I'll be in line that morning!

Dmac77
Jun 16, 2010, 12:25 AM
I'll be there, still not sure what time though. BTW, does anyone know when they let people begin to line up in the past at Briarwood? I'm actually thinking about being one of the people who gets there at midnight (if that's allowed at Briarwood) the night before so I'm first in line.

-Don

dantidote
Jun 16, 2010, 11:40 AM
I'll be there, still not sure what time though. BTW, does anyone know when they let people begin to line up in the past at Briarwood? I'm actually thinking about being one of the people who gets there at midnight (if that's allowed at Briarwood) the night before so I'm first in line.

-Don

I'd assume that "line starts here" signs would be posted outside when the mall closes the night before. So showing up at midnight should be fine. I'll be there pretty early as well.

waterskier2007
Jun 16, 2010, 11:42 AM
I am trying to decide between the Apple Store or the AT&T store on east liberty

billchase2
Jun 16, 2010, 12:27 PM

-Don
That seems a little overkill, but do whatever you please. Last year, we just lined up outside on our own. It wasn't until probably about 6am that they split our one-line into the official reserved/non-reserved lines.

Dmac77
Jun 17, 2010, 11:51 PM
That seems a little overkill, but do whatever you please. Last year, we just lined up outside on our own. It wasn't until probably about 6am that they split our one-line into the official reserved/non-reserved lines.

Okay sounds good. I honestly didn't know how early people have lined up in the past. Can you even get into the mall at 6 AM?

-Don

waterskier2007
Jun 18, 2010, 07:59 AM

what time did you start lining up?

billchase2
Jun 18, 2010, 09:02 AM
Okay sounds good. I honestly didn't know how early people have lined up in the past. Can you even get into the mall at 6 AM?

-Don
Nope, you can't. I believe they let us inside the mall around 6:15 or 6:30 last year. Then we had to wait a while longer inside, outside of the Apple Store.
what time did you start lining up?
There were a few people there before me, but I showed up around 5:30am.

dantidote
Jun 18, 2010, 04:53 PM
http://www.facebook.com/BriarwoodMall

SnakeD77
Jun 18, 2010, 07:21 PM
I will be up in Eaton Rapids visiting family, so I was planning on going to the store and get the new iPhone 4. Are the lines in the past been very long? And about what time are most of you getting there? Aslo, is this store a large store? And where is it located in the mall?
What is up with the mall saying they will have the doors open no later than 7:30 am!

quotison
Jun 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
I will be up in Eaton Rapids visiting family, so I was planning on going to the store and get the new iPhone 4. Are the lines in the past been very long? And about what time are most of you getting there? Aslo, is this store a large store? And where is it located in the mall?
What is up with the mall saying they will have the doors open no later than 7:30 am!

I'm guessing the time is a typo, they already corrected it once.

I have a reservation, and I'll probably come around 7AM.

Here's a map: http://www.simon.com/mall/malldirectory.aspx?id=1231 the Apple store is located in area B. It's a pretty small store, about the size of your typical non-department store in a mall.

buryyourbrideau
Jun 18, 2010, 09:28 PM
Already pre-ordered mine from ATT on Washtenaw.

Dmac77
Jun 18, 2010, 11:45 PM
I'm guessing the time is a typo, they already corrected it once.

I have a reservation, and I'll probably come around 7AM.

Here's a map: http://www.simon.com/mall/malldirectory.aspx?id=1231 the Apple store is located in area B. It's a pretty small store, about the size of your typical non-department store in a mall.

Yeah I think that it has to be a typo too. I'm still not suure what time I'm going to get there though. I do however plan on spending a good amount of time standing in line.

See you guys there

-Don

iErick
Jun 19, 2010, 08:39 AM
I'll be there with my reservation and my soon to be sold on craigslist BlackBerry 9700. Looking forward to my first iPhone.

fish48223
Jun 19, 2010, 07:48 PM
Here's the story about Briarwood. Customers can line up prior to the store opening at 7:00 AM. Security will not be chasing away anyone who shows up early. The doors will be opened no later than 6:45 AM on the 24th. No one will be allowed in the building prior to the opening of the doors. There will be no restrooms available. Everyone must be nice and pleasant. :) Any problems and the person will be instructed to leave the property and come back on the 25th. :( If it's raining, bring ponchos or umberellas.

There will be two lines--one for pre-orders and one for new orders. The pre-order line will go from the doors towards J.C. Penney's. We have no official amounts of product from The Apple Store.

If you're wondering if this is good information, I'll just say I've been to every special sale at The Apple Store and the grand opening. I've also been known to ride a Segway. This is the best information at this time. I'll see some of you around 5:00 AM on the 24th. If you need further information, I can be reached at briarwood_tafisher@sbcglobal.net.

billchase2
Jun 20, 2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the additional information!

ashaft009
Jun 20, 2010, 11:14 PM
Does anyone know if the Briarwood Apple Store will be letting Authorized Users (not account holder) purchase iPhone 4s? I've searched and it seems as though this question is store specific as I get different answers from different stores. One of the 2 pre-orders for our family plan got cancelled and the account holder will be out of town for almost a month!

Thanks for the help!

fish48223
Jun 22, 2010, 09:56 PM
The first doors to open on Thursday morning will be the main entrance to Briarwood between J.C. Penney's and Macy's. I forgot to include that. The rest of the entrance doors will open later. If you sneak in the building, you will be asked to exit via the furthest entrance door from The Apple Store. Thanks.

waterskier2007
Jun 22, 2010, 10:33 PM
so where would the line start, at the doors by jc penney?

trekerboy
Jun 23, 2010, 09:08 AM
Does anyone know if the Briarwood Apple Store will be letting Authorized Users (not account holder) purchase iPhone 4s? I've searched and it seems as though this question is store specific as I get different answers from different stores. One of the 2 pre-orders for our family plan got cancelled and the account holder will be out of town for almost a month!

Thanks for the help!

I called and talked to "Carol" and she said that authorized users "should be fine"... not quite as definitive as I would have hoped for, but hopefully it works. I would come prepared with the primary account holder's zip code and last four of their social as this is the information they usally ask for to confirm an account.

billchase2
Jun 23, 2010, 10:34 AM
So, who will I be seeing in the early morning tomorrow? Be sure to pack some rain gear in case those storms aren't quite finished yet!

fish48223
Jun 23, 2010, 10:37 AM
At the main entrance doors between J.C. Penney's and Macy's.

pillyliu
Jun 23, 2010, 11:42 AM
I'll be going tomorrow morning. I was going to try to get one in East Lansing where I live at AT&T until I found out they won't be selling to people without preorders until the 29th! I'm an authorized user so hopefully that will be good enough to get a phone tomorrow. I was considering seeing if my Dad could switch me to the primary account holder for a day and then switching back, but I really hope that isn't necessary.

iaflyer
Jun 24, 2010, 08:12 AM
I stopped by the mall this morning at 8:45 - the line was from the Apple Store to mid-way down the children's play area. The line was barely moving.

People were exiting the mall, precious phones in hand. I'd say they were leaving at 1 every two minutes or so.

marvingaye
Jun 24, 2010, 10:58 AM
I stopped by the mall this morning at 8:45 - the line was from the Apple Store to mid-way down the children's play area. The line was barely moving.

People were exiting the mall, precious phones in hand. I'd say they were leaving at 1 every two minutes or so.

And that was just the pre-order line. There's another line for regular people that goes in the other direction (toward Sears? I didn't really look.). I think they were servicing 1 person in that line for every 5 people in the pre-order line.

waterskier2007
Jun 24, 2010, 12:11 PM
Everyone,
I had a great time in line with all of you that were there. I was there since about 9 pm wednesday night. Thanks for making my first Apple Launch Day Meetup a good time.