PDA

View Full Version : Dallas, Tx

itsjared
Jun 7, 2010, 03:22 PM
OK, let's fire this back up. June 24th! Where you gonna be?

Willow Bend for me!

sjn419
Jun 7, 2010, 03:48 PM
anyone this year? Im thinking fairoaks apple store....

Geckotek
Jun 7, 2010, 04:37 PM
Knox St for me. 3rd year in a row now.

FunkyMonkCP
Jun 7, 2010, 07:43 PM
anyone this year? Im thinking fairoaks apple store....

Preorder for me this time. Back in 2008 I waited 13 hours in line at the fair oaks mall (no food or restroom breaks) for the 3G. Stupidest thing I have done in a long time. Last year wasn't so bad because of reservations but you still had to be there early which sucks. Preorder online with delivery to my house on release day sounds best to me.

Mr. Chewbacca
Jun 8, 2010, 10:16 AM
Looking like University Park for me. Meeting up with some friends. Should be fun.. cold beer and iPhones :)

Geckotek
Jun 8, 2010, 10:20 AM
Looking like University Park for me. Meeting up with some friends. Should be fun.. cold beer and iPhones :)

You mean NorthPark Mall?

AsianChexMix
Jun 8, 2010, 04:48 PM
Preorder online with delivery to my house on release day sounds best to me.

I went to the AT&T in Fairfax off Lee Hwy and such and that was interesting. They all accused me of cutting in line when I just simply sat down. It provided topics to talk about. The glares I got when I left were interesting. A friend and I were waiting for my phone. This year, we might both do it together. iPhone and then grab some IHOP right next to it and what a great way to start the day!

If a friend wasn't getting it, I'd definitely just do online order and ship it to me though. I don't see why not. ;)

ajsnow6234
Jun 8, 2010, 08:20 PM
I went to the AT&T in Fairfax off Lee Hwy and such and that was interesting. They all accused me of cutting in line when I just simply sat down. It provided topics to talk about. The glares I got when I left were interesting. A friend and I were waiting for my phone. This year, we might both do it together. iPhone and then grab some IHOP right next to it and what a great way to start the day!

If a friend wasn't getting it, I'd definitely just do online order and ship it to me though. I don't see why not. ;)

You "provided topics to talk about..." lol...probably came off like a douchebag. Careful of that.

Normally I'd be going to the Fair Oaks store, but I'll be in training in Arlington. I'll be at the Clarendon store, that wholre area is really nice anyway.

dhjapple89
Jun 8, 2010, 09:30 PM
You mean NorthPark Mall?

I think he means the one on Knox St. It's in Highland Park, but University Park is right there.

That's the store I'm probably camping out at.

Geckotek
Jun 8, 2010, 09:36 PM
I think he means the one on Knox St. It's in Highland Park, but University Park is right there.

That's the store I'm probably camping out at.

It's actually in Dallas. The one in NorthPark is closest to University Park...but yeah, I think he did mean Knox St.

Guess I'll see you guys there. I'll come a couple of hours before opening.

dkhenkin
Jun 9, 2010, 12:06 AM
Going to the AT&T store in Plano near Plano Parkway and 75. Went there for the 3GS and it was quick and painless.

dhjapple89
Jun 9, 2010, 01:30 AM
It's actually in Dallas. The one in NorthPark is closest to University Park...but yeah, I think he did mean Knox St.

Guess I'll see you guys there. I'll come a couple of hours before opening.

Are you pre ordering for pick up or are you going to get in the non pre order line?

Geckotek
Jun 9, 2010, 01:52 AM
Are you pre ordering for pick up or are you going to get in the non pre order line?

Last year I reserved, but I hear that won't be available this year. So I guess I'm pre-ordering.

Mr. Chewbacca
Jun 9, 2010, 06:41 AM
LOL, Actually I dont know. I'm meeting up with some friends. I'll ask. hopefully northpark.

Do you have to stay in line or do they give you numbers?

BTW I am pretty easy to pick out in a crowd, I am 6'8" 330lbs with blonde hair. Hope to see you there!!

Abyssgh0st
Jun 9, 2010, 05:31 PM
I'm thinking about Southlake Town Square or University Park.. Not sure which one will garner a smaller crowd.

Geckotek
Jun 9, 2010, 07:23 PM
I'm thinking about Southlake Town Square or University Park.. Not sure which one will garner a smaller crowd.

Bugging me that you guys keep calling it University Park or Highland Park even though that's Dallas city limits. But I just looked it up on the Apple store website and it has a Highland Park address!?!? Same on Google maps.

Odd, I used to live right there on Travis @ Knox and I had a Dallas address. Has something changed?

Edit: The old RR (Katy Trail now) is the Eastern border of HP.

Billydelp4
Jun 9, 2010, 10:59 PM
Bugging me that you guys keep calling it University Park or Highland Park even though that's Dallas city limits. But I just looked it up on the Apple store website and it has a Highland Park address!?!? Same on Google maps.

Odd, I used to live right there on Travis @ Knox and I had a Dallas address. Has something changed?

Addresses in Highland Park may use either "Dallas, Texas" or "Highland Park, Texas" as the city designation, although the United States Postal Service prefers the use of the "Dallas, Texas" designation for the sake of simplicity. This can be seen on the USPS website Zip Code finder when the town name (Highland Park) is replaced by the surrounding city (Dallas) name. This shows that the USPS recognizes the use of the "Highland Park, Texas" address designation, but that its automated mail sorter systems will group any mail addressed to a Highland Park address with mail addressed to a Dallas address in the same (or surrounding) zip codes. The same is true for University Park, Texas and for the nearby former town of Preston Hollow which was incorporated into the City of Dallas in 1945.

Geckotek
Jun 9, 2010, 11:24 PM
Addresses in Highland Park may use either "Dallas, Texas" or "Highland Park, Texas" as the city designation, although the United States Postal Service prefers the use of the "Dallas, Texas" designation for the sake of simplicity. This can be seen on the USPS website Zip Code finder when the town name (Highland Park) is replaced by the surrounding city (Dallas) name. This shows that the USPS recognizes the use of the "Highland Park, Texas" address designation, but that its automated mail sorter systems will group any mail addressed to a Highland Park address with mail addressed to a Dallas address in the same (or surrounding) zip codes. The same is true for University Park, Texas and for the nearby former town of Preston Hollow which was incorporated into the City of Dallas in 1945.

Yeah, but Highland Park ENDS @ Katy Trail. Everything east of Katy Trail is Dallas. See this map:
http://www.hptx.org/index.aspx?page=165

The Apple store sits in Dallas proper. Even it's Zip Code is a Dallas address 75205 (my old zip code.) Heck, my old apt was closer to HP by 3 blocks than the Apple store is.

I realize this is unimportant, it's just got me curious...guess I have nothing better to do than wonder about stupid stuff like this. :D

Adamb18c5
Jun 10, 2010, 12:40 PM
AT&T store in Addison

PezRadar
Jun 11, 2010, 02:39 AM
AT&T Store West Plano (Next to Willowbend) is where I'm preordering.

Abyssgh0st
Jun 11, 2010, 04:20 AM

Not talking out of my ass, my opening day shirt for that store says "University Park Village," and that's it.

Geckotek
Jun 11, 2010, 08:30 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Not talking out of my ass, my opening day shirt for that store says "University Park Village," and that's it.

Hope you didn't think I implied you were. That could very well be the name of that shopping center. Interesting.

Abyssgh0st
Jun 11, 2010, 03:35 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Hope you didn't think I implied you were. That could very well be the name of that shopping center. Interesting.

No offense taken, just trying to give some clarity to the situation. To be honest I'm not sure what to actually call it :o. Oh well, I think I'm going to end up going to Southlake even though I know the line will be pretty substantial any time after midnight.

i-John
Jun 12, 2010, 02:47 AM

I don't know about the apple stores, but the AT&T store guides say 1 line there. I'd ask to make sure.

Geckotek
Jun 12, 2010, 02:50 AM
I don't know about the apple stores, but the AT&T store guides say 1 line there. I'd ask to make sure.

Last year the Knox store did 2 lines. One Reserve and one non-reserve. Seems I was told incorrectly...reserve is back.

Abyssgh0st
Jun 13, 2010, 02:54 AM
I would much rather reserve one rather than do the non-reserve line.. I drove by the Southlake Apple Store after picking up my iPad from Best Buy and the non-reserve line was moving very slowly and had quite a large crowd.

MarkCooz
Jun 16, 2010, 04:54 PM
What's the best time for this year to wait in line?
anyone have any good tips?

Clix Pix
Jun 16, 2010, 05:18 PM
I've got my (confirmed) reservation at the Tysons Apple store, so will be heading there early in the morning on Launch Day.

MarkCooz
Jun 16, 2010, 05:55 PM
I've got my (confirmed) reservation at the Tysons Apple store, so will be heading there early in the morning on Launch Day.

What do you think is the best time to be there for non reserves?
well i might go to Fairoaks or Town Center.
like since Apple opens 7AM... what's the best time in your opinion?

Clix Pix
Jun 16, 2010, 07:07 PM
A friend who was unable to make a reservation and I were trying to figure this out, too -- for people who do not have a reserved iPhone 4, the earlier the better.....but we don't know what time the malls will allow people to enter and hang out. The earliest I've been at Tysons for an iPhone launch was around 5:30 AM and there was one entrance door open and mall security on the premises to watch as we lined up and made ourselves comfortable. There were a few people who had already arrived prior to when I did, so I'm guessing that maybe 5:00 AM was when the mall had opened the door. ?? In previous years the Apple store opened at 8:00 AM, so that is different from this year's 7:00 AM situation. Regardless of which mall in which you want to get in line, I'd say it might be a good idea to ask a day or two ahead at either at the Apple store or at the Mall management office what time the mall will be accessible on June 24th.

I am planning to get to Tysons at around 5:30 AM, but I'm covered by having a reservation. I suspect that without a reservation that it would behoove people to try to get there as early as they can, even if you have to stand around outside until the mall security folks open the door to let you in.....

Tysons is going to be absolutely solid with people in lines all day, so, yes, I'd think that either Fair Oaks or Reston Town Center Apple store would be better. Neither of them may have as much inventory as the Tysons store but I'm betting that they won't have as many people waiting to get an iPhone, either.

MarkCooz
Jun 16, 2010, 07:56 PM
A friend who was unable to make a reservation and I were trying to figure this out, too -- for people who do not have a reserved iPhone 4, the earlier the better.....but we don't know what time the malls will allow people to enter and hang out. The earliest I've been at Tysons for an iPhone launch was around 5:30 AM and there was one entrance door open and mall security on the premises to watch as we lined up and made ourselves comfortable. There were a few people who had already arrived prior to when I did, so I'm guessing that maybe 5:00 AM was when the mall had opened the door. ?? In previous years the Apple store opened at 8:00 AM, so that is different from this year's 7:00 AM situation. Regardless of which mall in which you want to get in line, I'd say it might be a good idea to ask a day or two ahead at either at the Apple store or at the Mall management office what time the mall will be accessible on June 24th.

I am planning to get to Tysons at around 5:30 AM, but I'm covered by having a reservation. I suspect that without a reservation that it would behoove people to try to get there as early as they can, even if you have to stand around outside until the mall security folks open the door to let you in.....

Tysons is going to be absolutely solid with people in lines all day, so, yes, I'd think that either Fair Oaks or Reston Town Center Apple store would be better. Neither of them may have as much inventory as the Tysons store but I'm betting that they won't have as many people waiting to get an iPhone, either.

I just called fair oaks. they said the earlier the better, and they'll only have a couple probably (30-50) stocks for walk in. since they'll have all Reserved and Pre-Ordered iPhones for the people there... and I'm still trying to get in touch with the reston apple store. but no luck as of now.

Hopefully Reston will have some stocks for walk ins. I'm going to be so upset not having this by the end of june! ahhhh I'll be so mad!!
I guess i'll try to be there by 5:00 AM or earlier. I'm just really excited for this!!!

(ALSO THEY DON'T ACCEPT CASH)
Do you think they'll ask for the whole Social Security number or just the last 4 digits...?

Your past experiences man... what's it like?

jap1198
Jun 16, 2010, 09:53 PM
I'll be at the Knox St. Apple Store around 5:30-6 am :D
I hope they have enough iPhone's for everyone.

Geckotek
Jun 16, 2010, 09:57 PM
I'll be at the Knox St. Apple Store around 5:30-6 am :D
I hope they have enough iPhone's for everyone.

I'll be sure to show up a bit before that then. :p

Should MR members coordinate some shirt color or something? Or perhaps that's a bit juvenile....

anonymous6237
Jun 16, 2010, 10:07 PM
Willow bend apple store for me. Hope I don't have to take off work all day. I have a dr. Appt in the afternoon so I'm aiming to get there early enough to be out and still get to work for the morning.

homrb
Jun 17, 2010, 12:00 AM
im going to the northpark one. does anyone know if they let you go inside if you camp out or do they make you stay outside?

blindman23
Jun 17, 2010, 09:41 AM
Northpark for me to get my wifes reserved phone. We plan on getting there around 4:30-5:00. Hopefully can get it in time to get back home and sign for my phone coming from Apple!

jap1198
Jun 17, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'll be sure to show up a bit before that then. :p

Should MR members coordinate some shirt color or something? Or perhaps that's a bit juvenile....

haha well it's too late XD
Just heard on FOX that some guy is already at the Knox Apple Store!
I can't believe he's gonna camp out for a whole week.

Geckotek
Jun 17, 2010, 12:43 PM
haha well it's too late XD
Just heard on FOX that some guy is already at the Knox Apple Store!
I can't believe he's gonna camp out for a whole week.

Wha?! Cra-G! I don't need to be first in line, but hope to be in the first 20.

Did they say if he had a reservation?

jap1198
Jun 17, 2010, 01:01 PM
Wha?! Cra-G! I don't need to be first in line, but hope to be in the first 20.

Did they say if he had a reservation?

lol I don't care about being first either, i just want my dang phone :)
Um I think he said the reason he camped out was because he saw that the pre-orders sold out. But the new anchor person said that he had first in line for previous launches. Then the guy said something about the club music at 2 am putting him in a party mode

sfwalter
Jun 17, 2010, 01:03 PM
Willow bend apple store for me. Hope I don't have to take off work all day. I have a dr. Appt in the afternoon so I'm aiming to get there early enough to be out and still get to work for the morning.

Good luck. I would lower your expectations a bit. Just remember its not just a simple swipe with the credit card. They will be activating the phone in store which is dependent on ATT's systems. We know how well that turned out on the 24th.

chromey
Jun 17, 2010, 02:38 PM
Going to the Willow Bend store @ around 3:00. Anyone have any past experiences at this store for launch days? I'm just wondering if they'll let you line up inside the mall that early.

i-John
Jun 17, 2010, 06:02 PM
Last year the Knox store did 2 lines. One Reserve and one non-reserve. Seems I was told incorrectly...reserve is back.

I'm sure Apple will have the 2 lines (I heard the same thing too at Apple Stores) as Apple is accepting reservations. There is no reservations for AT&T stores, just pre-orders.

The AT&T stores are having the 1 line. If you arrive for your pre-order, I'm guessing you skip the line, and pre-orders aren't arriving at AT&T until the 25th at the earliest.

i-John
Jun 17, 2010, 06:16 PM
Going to the Willow Bend store @ around 3:00. Anyone have any past experiences at this store for launch days? I'm just wondering if they'll let you line up inside the mall that early.

That's where I've my reservation. I've been meaning to call to see how they are going to work it. Since they are opening early, I suspect the line will be at one of the closest mall doors and they will open for people just before 7. I doubt they will allow people in the mall overnight.

chromey
Jun 17, 2010, 06:36 PM
That's where I've my reservation. I've been meaning to call to see how they are going to work it. Since they are opening early, I suspect the line will be at one of the closest mall doors and they will open for people just before 7. I doubt they will allow people in the mall overnight.

Let me know what you find out.

jap1198
Jun 18, 2010, 01:03 AM

lol we should totally do that XD

Abyssgh0st
Jun 18, 2010, 02:47 AM
You all won't see me on launch day unless there is a white iPhone 4 available (unless of course I cave and buy a black one).

But anywho, we really should coordinate shirts.

evilyankeefan
Jun 18, 2010, 05:26 AM
I reserved mine at Fair Oaks, but oddly I never got an confirmation email. Went to the store yesterday to find out if I'm on the list and after 20 minutes they were able to confirm I was on it. Was odd when they showed the exact screenprint of the last page I saw saying my reservation was made. The manager took my info again and said I was guaranteed to get one, but didn't know which one. Want 16GB but will take the 32GB

Anyways, since it sounds like it will be whatever is left and to avoid any potential gaffes, I'm going to try to get to the store earlier than later. Mall opens at least at 6am as I was there for iPad. So I might just get there around the same time yet again. :)

The waiting in line is such an unique experience. The clapping. The cheering. The smiles on people's faces with their new gadget. Just makes the start of the day all the better.

i-John
Jun 18, 2010, 11:30 AM
For anyone going to to the Apple Store at Willow Bend.

The entrance will be the one at the food court, that's the one they will be opening. They will open those mall doors at 6am. Of course, 2 lines will form... one for pre-orders, one for the people who didn't.

anonymous6237
Jun 18, 2010, 02:26 PM

The entrance will be the one at the food court, that's the one they will be opening. They will open those mall doors at 6am. Of course, 2 lines will form... one for pre-orders, one for the people who didn't.

Thank you for this information. Did you talk to people at the store or is this based off past releases?

Adamb18c5
Jun 18, 2010, 03:19 PM

Is the pre-order line the same as reservation line?

Geckotek
Jun 18, 2010, 03:20 PM
Is the pre-order line the same as reservation line?

There is no pre-order line. Pre-orders are shipped to you.

Big-Mike
Jun 18, 2010, 04:32 PM
Hopefully Reston will have some stocks for walk ins. I'm going to be so upset not having this by the end of june! ahhhh I'll be so mad!!
I guess i'll try to be there by 5:00 AM or earlier. I'm just really excited for this!!!

I'm going to the Reston Town Center Apple store as well. I'm thinking I'll get there around 4-5am as well. Have you gotten a hold of the store? Surely all stores will have some on hand for walk-ins.

i-John
Jun 18, 2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you for this information. Did you talk to people at the store or is this based off past releases?

I called the store and that's what they told me.

jap1198
Jun 19, 2010, 01:51 AM
Question: Are the lines at Knox going to be crazy (compared to Northpark)?
How were the lines for the 3G/3GS launches? I'm trying to figure this out so I can decide when to arrive on 24th; possibly on the 23rd.

Geckotek
Jun 19, 2010, 02:00 AM
Question: Are the lines at Knox going to be crazy (compared to Northpark)?
How were the lines for the 3G/3GS launches? I'm trying to figure this out so I can decide when to arrive on 24th; possibly on the 23rd.

Knox seemed to have the shortest lines from what I could tell. Last year I arrived about an hour before opening and walked away less than an hour after opening (less than 2 hours total). However, with the demand being so high this year, I'm not counting on getting away as easily.

jap1198
Jun 19, 2010, 02:37 AM
Knox seemed to have the shortest lines from what I could tell. Last year I arrived about an hour before opening and walked away less than an hour after opening (less than 2 hours total). However, with the demand being so high this year, I'm not counting on getting away as easily.

My safest bet would be to arrive from 3-5 am then.
If only the stupid servers had been working then I could've made a reservation, but oh well, I really hope I get the iPhone 4 on launch day. I sold my iP3GS like two weeks ago and I'm literally having iPhone withdrawal lol. I swear to bejezus that as soon as I get my iPhone I will chunk this crap WinMo phone I'm using for now into the garbage. :D

mb2008
Jun 19, 2010, 11:07 AM
Bugging me that you guys keep calling it University Park or Highland Park

Snobby Dallasites! The Fort Worth store is called...University Park Village!

i-John
Jun 19, 2010, 12:46 PM
Last time I sat out was for the 3G. I arrived at an AT&T store in Plano at 5am (opening at 7). I was number 8 in line and was out of the store by 7:10am. :) By the time I got out, there were about 150-200 in line.

Illusion86
Jun 19, 2010, 12:53 PM

Did you reserve it? What time are you arriving to the university store?

Erikarogers
Jun 19, 2010, 02:49 PM
So does anyone know when north park mall will open? I know the Apple Store opens at 7:00 a.m, I would like to get there at 6:00

lolnick
Jun 19, 2010, 07:25 PM
So does anyone know when north park mall will open? I know the Apple Store opens at 7:00 a.m, I would like to get there at 6:00

jap1198
Jun 20, 2010, 01:49 AM
sorry for all these questions, I just get really OCD when it comes to these things :D
On launch day do you think that the Apple Store will only let in people with reservations in or will they do like a ratio thing (like 2 walk-ins for every 4 reservations)?

i-John
Jun 20, 2010, 02:15 AM
sorry for all these questions, I just get really OCD when it comes to these things :D
On launch day do you think that the Apple Store will only let in people with reservations in or will they do like a ratio thing (like 2 walk-ins for every 4 reservations)?

They will have 2 lines and reservations will get priority depending on the line. Each store will be different depending on the lines.

jap1198
Jun 20, 2010, 02:33 AM
They will have 2 lines and reservations will get priority depending on the line. Each store will be different depending on the lines.

good to know, I hope the reservation line doesn't get to long *knocks on wood*

dkhenkin
Jun 20, 2010, 01:25 PM
Anyone going to the Willowbend Mall in Plano to get theirs? I'll be there at 6AM. Hopefully I'll be able to get in through the employee doors that early.

drumpat01
Jun 20, 2010, 02:40 PM
I'm going to the University Park Village store in Fort Worth. I know this is the dallas thread but someone else said he was going. I'll be there too!

anonymous6237
Jun 20, 2010, 04:36 PM
Anyone going to the Willowbend Mall in Plano to get theirs? I'll be there at 6AM. Hopefully I'll be able to get in through the employee doors that early.

I'll be at Willowbend early Thursday morning. The doors by the food court should be opening at 6 which is where the line will be formed before then. After the doors have been opened the lines will be moved to outside the apple store. Getting in through the employee doors earlier than 6 probably won't do you any good as the apple store employees know when the lines will be moved to outside the store's doors. Also you'll probably get beat up if everyone is walking through the mall and there is already some jerk sitting outside the store :mad:.

Source: Talking to apple store manager and mall security personnel

dhjapple89
Jun 20, 2010, 04:42 PM

For the iPad WiFi release it was 15 reservations to ONE walk-in...I'm guessing it might be 20 or 25 reservations to 1 walk-in because of the demand

jap1198
Jun 20, 2010, 08:27 PM
For the iPad WiFi release it was 15 reservations to ONE walk-in...I'm guessing it might be 20 or 25 reservations to 1 walk-in because of the demand

What the crap!?
This better not happen or else Apple will be hearing from me!
It's not fair that I couldn't get a reservation because of AT&T's/Apples negligence to prepare the servers!

frostbit3
Jun 20, 2010, 10:01 PM
Does anyone know where to park at the Knox Apple store? I've only been there a couple of times and every time I went It was calm enough to park on the street. I heard there is an actual parking lot for the store about a block away, but how do I get there? I'm going to be hunting for the parking lot around midnight since I didn't get to pre-order/reserve one, I'm really hoping to get one.

Thanks!

Geckotek
Jun 20, 2010, 11:47 PM
There's a lot behind the building.

IgnatiusTheKing
Jun 20, 2010, 11:57 PM
Bugging me that you guys keep calling it University Park

University Park Village (http://www.apple.com/retail/universityparkvillage/) is the shopping center where the Apple Store is located in Fort Worth. Not Dallas, but close enough to be included in this thread. I'll probably walk in there sometime in the first week of July and buy an iPhone 4 without waiting in line (unless I decide to switch to Sprint or Verizon and go for the EVO or the Droid Incredible).

jap1198
Jun 21, 2010, 02:31 AM
Does anyone know where to park at the Knox Apple store? I've only been there a couple of times and every time I went It was calm enough to park on the street. I heard there is an actual parking lot for the store about a block away, but how do I get there? I'm going to be hunting for the parking lot around midnight since I didn't get to pre-order/reserve one, I'm really hoping to get one.

Thanks!

There's a lot behind the building.

Here's a link to the lot in case you were wondering :D
Or if you don't mind walking two blocks you can park in the Travis Building.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=knox+street+apple&fb=1&gl=us&hq=knox+street+apple&hnear=Dallas,+TX&cid=0,0,5885733855706711916&ei=aRQfTOecG42Dngf41bnnAw&ved=0CBMQnwIwAA&ll=32.822606,-96.788505&spn=0.000667,0.001206&t=h&z=20

jkarl54
Jun 22, 2010, 03:14 PM
Talked with the guys at the Apple Store today at the Northpark Mall. Confirmed that the main doors will open at 5am, then the store at 7am.

rmission
Jun 23, 2010, 09:58 AM
see you all at knox. hopefully not too early.

thesmileman
Jun 23, 2010, 10:44 AM
see you all at knox. hopefully not too early.

Have you guys determined if the Knox store will have any iPhones for walk in? I am told they haven't counted yet (Which seems silly because they would have to have counted to make sure they have enough for those who preordered.) I want to go wait in line this evening but if they won't even tell me if they have any available at all I will just go to a different store.

Geckotek
Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM
Have you guys determined if the Knox store will have any iPhones for walk in? I am told they haven't counted yet (Which seems silly because they would have to have counted to make sure they have enough for those who preordered.) I want to go wait in line this evening but if they won't even tell me if they have any available at all I will just go to a different store.

That's ridiculous, they know exactly how many reservations vs phones they have.

Justin is saying they will not allow walk-ins until the reservation line is taken care of. I was about 4th or 5th in the reserve line last year. When I walked out I recall they had not let the walk-in line enter the store yet. So he may be right.

jap1198
Jun 23, 2010, 12:28 PM
That's ridiculous, they know exactly how many reservations vs phones they have.

Justin is saying they will not allow walk-ins until the reservation line is taken care of. I was about 4th or 5th in the reserve line last year. When I walked out I recall they had not let the walk-in line enter the store yet. So he may be right.

That sucks and plus its not fair. Apple knows that many people couldn't pre-order/reserve and yet they're still giving reservations priority. I don't know why they can't do that ratio thing (2:1)

**Just heard from FOX that *supposedly* they won't have any iPhones until Tuesday. I lol'd 'cause they put "I-PHONE" instead of iPhone.

rmission
Jun 23, 2010, 02:12 PM
there's already a solid line of about 8 and that was at 1 PM. i asked them and seems they were all walk ins, minus of course camper numero uno justin.

jap1198
Jun 23, 2010, 02:31 PM
there's already a solid line of about 8 and that was at 1 PM. i asked them and seems they were all walk ins, minus of course camper numero uno justin.

8? hm, I hope the line doesn't get crazy long *knock on wood*
I'm gonna be there around 5 pm, I'll see how the line is then.

Geckotek
Jun 23, 2010, 02:34 PM
8? hm, I hope the line doesn't get crazy long *knock on wood*
I'm gonna be there around 5 pm, I'll see how the line is then.

you'll be fine at 5

jap1198
Jun 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
you'll be fine at 5

I'm not lining up at 5, it's gonna be crazy hot and plus I can't be out in the sun for to long due to medication. The earliest time I'll probably go is around 3 am. But by then there will probably be like a million people in line.

chromey
Jun 23, 2010, 03:21 PM
I'm shooting for Willow Bend between midnight and 1. Think that will be early enough?

i-John
Jun 23, 2010, 03:53 PM
I'm shooting for Willow Bend between midnight and 1. Think that will be early enough?
I don't forsee any large lines there that early. You should be good by then.

Geckotek
Jun 23, 2010, 04:20 PM
Got off the phone w/ a friend that was planning to go to AT&T. She's changing her plan to Willow Bend so she called the mall office. They informed her that people are already lined up there as well. She'll call me later to let me know how many.

itsjared
Jun 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
Got off the phone w/ a friend that was planning to go to AT&T. She's changing her plan to Willow Bend so she called the mall office. They informed her that people are already lined up there as well. She'll call me later to let me know how many.

That SUCKS! I don't want to line up so freaking early. I was thinking 2AM @ Willow Bend. My girlfriend decided she wants to come sit with me. Not a bad thing but I just don't want her to sit outside forever.

Someone let us know when we get a count from out there.:D

anonymous6237
Jun 23, 2010, 04:38 PM
I'm going to swing by the mall on my way home from work. I'll update when I get home in about 1/2 hour.

Geckotek
Jun 23, 2010, 04:53 PM
I'm told 12 people in line @ Willow Bend.

jap1198
Jun 23, 2010, 05:29 PM
Is there a chance of getting an iPhone on Friday? I don't believe that everyone who reserved will have a chance (or the time) for pick up.

thesmileman
Jun 23, 2010, 05:39 PM
More coming

anonymous6237
Jun 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
The line looked to have about 20ish people there. How many were actually in line I don't know.

thesmileman
Jun 23, 2010, 05:54 PM
The line looked to have about 20ish people there. How many were actually in line I don't know.

25 was the actual account.

jap1198
Jun 23, 2010, 05:57 PM
25 was the actual account.

woah that's more than I expected at this hour.

jap1198
Jun 23, 2010, 05:59 PM
"As of 5:30PM CT there are around 40 in line."

This is from: http://www.iphonefirstinline.com/

thesmileman
Jun 23, 2010, 06:08 PM
woah that's more than I expected at this hour.

29 now at Knox street.

thesmileman
Jun 23, 2010, 06:12 PM
Come join us

chromey
Jun 23, 2010, 06:12 PM
So how do these lines work? For example, if you need to go to the bathroom, do you keep your spot where your chair is or is it just pure chaos?

rmission
Jun 23, 2010, 06:17 PM
wow knox is going to be wild tonight... see everyone there around 4 AM i guess.

thesmileman
Jun 23, 2010, 08:01 PM
So how do these lines work? For example, if you need to go to the bathroom, do you keep your spot where your chair is or is it just pure chaos?

About 40-45 or more people in line now.

As long as your people in line aren't too radical you are fine. You just get to know the people around you and you are fine. We are all going across the street to use the rest room. It is kind of like a block party. I have been first in line in the past and then you are more defense about your spot.

Erikarogers
Jun 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
So are most of the people there walk-ins or people with reservations?

jap1198
Jun 23, 2010, 09:09 PM
So are most of the people there walk-ins or people with reservations?

I think Justin said that only 2 people have reserved a phone and the rest of the people in line are all walk-ins.

jap1198
Jun 23, 2010, 09:11 PM
Well I wish everyone who is line luck and I hope you guys can score an iPhone 4.
Unfortunately I won't be there tomorrow. I might go Friday to try my luck.
Good luck and have fun :D

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 12:19 AM
What happened jap1198? Why aren't you coming?

I finished my musical and drove by Knox st....WOW! Came back a few minutes later after dropping off my friend and talked to Justin for a while.

By his estimate the line is @ 120. Perhaps a bit higher. Not counting the last 20-30 in line, he said only 7 had a reservation. Seems that most reservations are holding off joining the line.

I'm going to do the same....have to work tomorrow and will need sleep. Going to nap a bit and then go out there.

lolnick
Jun 24, 2010, 12:20 AM

I finished my musical and drove by Knox st....WOW! Came back a few minutes later after dropping off my friend and talked to Justin for a while.

By his estimate the line is @ 120. Perhaps a bit higher. Not counting the last 20-30 in line, he said only 7 had a reservation. Seems that most reservations are holding off joining the line.

I'm going to do the same....have to work tomorrow and will need sleep. Going to nap a bit and then go out there.

the ones with reservations will be put in a separate line anyways.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 12:43 AM
the ones with reservations will be put in a separate line anyways.

Exactly why I want to know how many there are. I may show up and be 150th in line, but when Reserves get pulled to another line, I might be 15! :)

jap1198
Jun 24, 2010, 06:53 AM

I saw the line and I was like "There's no way that Apple has enough phone for all of us!" It was 3 am and there was like 200 people in line. But I might be wrong. I might be wrong though, they may have 400 phones :D
Nevertheless, I hope you guys have fun!

jap1198
Jun 24, 2010, 07:02 AM
An Apple employee just came around the line handing out water...get this: he said they had 1300 phones for the pre-reserves and just the same number (1300 phones) for walk-ins!!!!! There is hope afterall!!!! if you haven't made it here yet there is still a chance you'll get a phone afterall....come on down to the store!!

hmm I might've been wrong on the whole "not enough iPhones to go around" theory. But then again this is at the FW Apple Store.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I went out around 4:45 and I was about 300 back. When the split the line I ended up about 60 back in the Reserved line. Got out with my iPhone around 8:15. Went home, took a shower, came back and gave Justin a ride home.

It did not seem that they were turning people away so that 1300 number seems very plausible.

If I were you, I'd check the website and see if they opened reservations back up for Dallas and see if you can reserve for tomorrow. If not, drop by later. I'm thinking the line will be very short between 2-5 PM.

jap1198
Jun 24, 2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I went out around 4:45 and I was about 300 back. When the split the line I ended up about 60 back in the Reserved line. Got out with my iPhone around 8:15. Went home, took a shower, came back and gave Justin a ride home.

It did not seem that they were turning people away so that 1300 number seems very plausible.

If I were you, I'd check the website and see if they opened reservations back up for Dallas and see if you can reserve for tomorrow. If not, drop by later. I'm thinking the line will be very short between 2-5 PM.

I think they have more than enough iPhones to sell, they were just creating hype lol. But I'll ask my dad if he can drop by later to see if they have any since he like works 2 blocks away from the Apple Store.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 01:25 PM
I think they have more than enough iPhones to sell, they were just creating hype lol. But I'll ask my dad if he can drop by later to see if they have any since he like works 2 blocks away from the Apple Store.

Things aren't looking good @ Stonebrier, but I think Knox and Willow Bend are probably ok. No idea how NorthPark is doing.

jap1198
Jun 24, 2010, 01:29 PM
Things aren't looking good @ Stonebrier, but I think Knox and Willow Bend are probably ok. No idea how NorthPark is doing.

Can anyone confirm that Knox isn't sold out yet?

uttrekr
Jun 24, 2010, 02:21 PM

Willow Bend was a complete FUBAR - sold out except for pre-orders by 9AM. They really managed things poorly - I was almost happy when the mall-cop starting having it out with one of the apple guys. They didn't separate out pres from walk ups until a very small segment of line at the end - leaving it all mixed up snaking down most of the mall. They finally started pulling out walk ups around 8:30 and realized their inventory wouldn't hold. Then they finally let people know to give up.

What was especially annoying annoying was seeing all the apple employees running around taking pictures of the line instead of managing the line or trying to expedite sales.

This sort of customer treatment makes me think I should look at Andriod a bit more.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 02:23 PM
Willow Bend was a complete FUBAR - sold out except for pre-orders by 9AM. They really managed things poorly - I was almost happy when the mall-cop starting having it out with one of the apple guys. They didn't separate out pres from walk ups until a very small segment of line at the end - leaving it all mixed up snaking down most of the mall. They finally started pulling out walk ups around 8:30 and realized their inventory wouldn't hold. Then they finally let people know to give up.

What was especially annoying annoying was seeing all the apple employees running around taking pictures of the line instead of managing the line or trying to expedite sales.

This sort of customer treatment makes me think I should look at Andriod a bit more.

WOW, I take back my statement about Willow Bend.

Knox was running like a well-oiled machine. That store knows how to do this. If I were you guys I'd go there. I'll drive by after work to see what it looks like and post here.

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 02:45 PM
I'll drive by after work to see what it looks like and post here.

Geckotek, thanks. What time do you normally get off work? I'd love to know if it's worthwhile to drive down to the Knox St. store and try and pick up a "walk-in" phone for my wife after work.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 02:50 PM
Geckotek, thanks. What time do you normally get off work? I'd love to know if it's worthwhile to drive down to the Knox St. store and try and pick up a "walk-in" phone for my wife after work.

Normally @ 5 but my stomach isn't feeling so hot after lunch (brought by a vendor...perhaps she's mad at us and brough in bad chicken?)

I might leave a bit early, but no promises as I came in late.

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 03:01 PM
Normally @ 5 but my stomach isn't feeling so hot after lunch (brought by a vendor...perhaps she's mad at us and brough in bad chicken?)

I might leave a bit early, but no promises as I came in late.

Well I hope you get to feeling better.

thesmileman
Jun 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
I was 17th in line and I think I was one of the past in the original line to leave with my phone. I have it now and yes by some miracle they have some left for walk ins. Nice people but after almost 22 hours at that store inside and out I don't think I ever want to see it again.

jap1198
Jun 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
I was 17th in line and I think I was one of the past in the original line to leave with my phone. I have it now and yes by some miracle they have some left for walk ins. Nice people but after almost 22 hours at that store inside and out I don't think I ever want to see it again.

It is a miracle that they still have walk-ins. I thought they would've sold out by 9 or something.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 04:27 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Knox St line @ 4:20 (from the end). Not bad but a decent wait. Being told stock is not an issue. They seems to be taking 3:2 reserved:non-reserved.

http://db.tt/4OSlO0

Weird thing, was told there's almost no line in Frisco? One employee told me she heard another employee say so. I'm not buying it but with a call.

itsjared
Jun 24, 2010, 04:30 PM
Any News on Frisco??? I was there this morning and had to ditch. They said they were out of 32gb for walk-ins... I think they were lying.

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the update GeckoTek. Looks like I'll be calling Frisco before heading down to Knox.

itsjared
Jun 24, 2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the update GeckoTek. Looks like I'll be calling Frisco before heading down to Knox.

I'm sure you'll let us know...??? about frisco that is.:confused:

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 04:37 PM
I'm sure you'll let us know...??? about frisco that is.:confused:

I will if I'm ever able to talk to someone. All I've been hearing for the past 5 minutes is "There are more than 8 calls ahead of you".

philwgreen
Jun 24, 2010, 04:43 PM
Any idea how long of a wait it is at the Knox store? I have a reservation and I'm going to go after work...just wondering how long I'd be out in the heat.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 04:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yeah, I heard they have almost no line. Have no idea about the 32gb situation.

Edit. Speaking of Frisco

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 05:01 PM

Any idea how long of a wait it is at the Knox store? I have a reservation and I'm going to go after work...just wondering how long I'd be out in the heat.

I'm going to estimate 1-2 hours. Might get longer as more people come after work.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 05:05 PM

Pic of line @ Willow Bend from a guy I know that works for Apple there.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg689/scaled.php?tn=0&server=689&filename=y2u.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

TaterSalad
Jun 24, 2010, 05:06 PM
I will if I'm ever able to talk to someone. All I've been hearing for the past 5 minutes is "There are more than 8 calls ahead of you".

I'm on hold too. I'll post if I hear something.

....There are more than 8 calls ahead of you.

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 05:09 PM
I'm on hold too. I'll post if I hear something.

....There are more than 8 calls ahead of you.

Yep, I'm still on hold. Right now they're playing Mr. Pitiful by Matt Costa. I wonder if I should take that as a sign? :rolleyes:

itsjared
Jun 24, 2010, 05:14 PM
from the Frisco, thread:

So then I returned at 3:15 and there was no wait at all...the guys were all very friendly. I was out of the store with an activated phone in about 3-4 minutes.

Yea, absolutely no "walk-in" phones available. But you can walk up and get your name on an email list that will notify you when a new shipment arrives.

I heard the guy saying that they expect a shipment next week on wednesday...but it's a first-come first-served basis.

TaterSalad
Jun 24, 2010, 05:20 PM
Yup. Just read that. No wonder there is no line. Is there any walkins in DFW?

itsjared
Jun 24, 2010, 05:21 PM
I'll be going in tomorrow around 6am to sit in line for the Frisco location... Hoping someone didnt pick up their 32gb reserved phone.

TaterSalad
Jun 24, 2010, 05:25 PM
I'll be going in tomorrow around 6am to sit in line for the Frisco location... Hoping someone didnt pick up their 32gb reserved phone.

If they are not accepting any walkins, my guess would be they are waiting until they have more inventory than reservations. 6am tomorrow would be risky.

itsjared
Jun 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
If they are not accepting any walkins, my guess would be they are waiting until they have more inventory than reservations. 6am tomorrow would be risky.

Well as I left this morning i asked Matt, a manager, and he said reservations expire tonight at 9pm. Tomorrow all of the phones are free game. I would guess folks e-mails say something to that effect but seeing as how i didn't get one i can't confirm that.

TaterSalad
Jun 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
Gotcha. Well that makes sense... Maybe I will see you tomorrow morning then. I will be there at 5:59am. ;)

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 05:41 PM
It is a miracle that they still have walk-ins. I thought they would've sold out by 9 or something.

Yeah, we were WAY off when we assumed there might only be 25 walk-ins available.

Yup. Just read that. No wonder there is no line. Is there any walkins in DFW?

Knox St and perhaps Willow Bend or North Park (although lines @ the last 2 are crazy)

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 06:32 PM
I'm in line right now at the Knox Store as a walk up. They really have things well organized here and major props to the Apple employee gal who's checking reservations, dealing with a belligerent customer or two and still took the time to count walk up people in line and go back ad check the store's inventory. She told us there were definitely enough phones for the walk ups and a cheer went up from the crowd.

Currently the wait is about San hour and a half so it's not too bad.

lhshockey24
Jun 24, 2010, 06:48 PM
I'm in line right now at the Knox Store as a walk up. They really have things well organized here and major props to the Apple employee gal who's checking reservations, dealing with a belligerent customer or two and still took the time to count walk up people in line and go back ad check the store's inventory. She told us there were definitely enough phones for the walk ups and a cheer went up from the crowd.

Any idea on stock estimates for tomorrow morning???

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 06:51 PM
Any idea on stock estimates for tomorrow morning???

Nope, no idea. The store is open for another 2+ hours so I'm guessing it's going to depend on how many more people get in line.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 07:40 PM

Cute brunette w/ her hair parted down the middle? ;)

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 07:54 PM
Cute brunette w/ her hair parted down the middle? ;)

Nope, a bubbly cute black girl in a green dress. ;)

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 07:57 PM
Nope, a bubbly cute black girl in a green dress. ;)

Pic or it didn't happen! LOL

How long is the line right now? Is it still back to the Garden store?

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 08:13 PM
How long is the line right now? Is it still back to the Garden store?

It was only to the back of the Apple Store when I got in line @ 6:10 PM but now it's all the way back to the Garden store...or maybe just a little shy of that.

mattdam
Jun 24, 2010, 08:15 PM
8 pm at Willow Bend still a 3 hour wait with a reservation. A little ridiculous.

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 08:15 PM
It was only to the back of the Apple Store when I got in line @ 6:10 PM but now it's all the way back to the Garden store...or maybe just a little shy of that.

That seems to be where it tends to stay with the occasional fluctuation.

thegoldenmackid
Jun 24, 2010, 08:21 PM
8 pm at Willow Bend still a 3 hour wait with a reservation. A little ridiculous.

Yeah. They unfortunately stopped moving at a productive pace at around 4:45. Prior to 3:00-4:45, people were getting in and out, lines were moving. then things stopped.

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah. They unfortunately stopped moving at a productive pace at around 4:45. Prior to 3:00-4:45, people were getting in and out, lines were moving. then things stopped.

Yep, and as I stand here in a line that's not moving did I mention how much I hate the "must activate in store" policy? If they could just sell the phones and let people activate at home then the line would move a couple orders o magnitude faster.

jpefjr
Jun 24, 2010, 10:42 PM
10:36 PM CDT, still in line outside store. The last of the reservation line folks went in a few minutes ago and now it's just us walk-ups. I'm person 8 from the start of the line.

mpact
Jun 24, 2010, 10:54 PM
jpefjr, you are still in the walk up line? I was there in line when they came through and told everyone in the walk up that they were all sold out for today and we had to come back tomorrow. :( Did they let you wait until the end of the reservations to see if there were extras?

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2010, 11:17 PM
10:36 PM CDT, still in line outside store. The last of the reservation line folks went in a few minutes ago and now it's just us walk-ups. I'm person 8 from the start of the line.

Wow! Almost 5 hours!

TaterSalad
Jun 25, 2010, 12:02 AM
jpefjr, you are still in the walk up line? I was there in line when they came through and told everyone in the walk up that they were all sold out for today and we had to come back tomorrow. :( Did they let you wait until the end of the reservations to see if there were extras?

Same for me. Maybe they were only allowing the walkins they already had.

jpefjr
Jun 25, 2010, 12:03 AM

Yep, I was still in the walk up line. They let all the folks in the reservation line in then they came through and counted people left in the walk up line to be sure they had enough phones. I got a 32 GB phone for my wife - my phone arrived yesterday from FedEx to my house.

Wow! Almost 5 hours!

Yep, I just got back from the store. Overall it was just over 5 hours in line - a slight improvement from the 6 1/2 hours I stood in line to get my 3G. ;)

mpact
Jun 25, 2010, 12:17 AM
Urgh, frustrating. Were you there when they told everyone they were sold out or did they just tell us at the back to go home? Any feel for whether or not they might have any left over for tomorrow walk-ins?

jap1198
Jun 25, 2010, 06:05 AM
Anyone going to the Apple Store at Knox today?

Dculpep
Jun 25, 2010, 08:07 AM
8am. Friday.

Northpark Apple store is open and selling iPhone 4's.

Abt 50 people in line Now.

Yesterday at this location they served over 400 walk ins and over 1000 pre-orders.

They finished the walk in line at 8pm and the pre-order line wasn't finished till 11pm.

To get a walk in most people waited from around 5am till 7-8pm.

I was just told this by an Apple employee here.

Enjoy.

TaterSalad
Jun 25, 2010, 08:13 AM
Anyone going to the Apple Store at Knox today?

+1 on this. Any word from Knox this morning?

julesintx
Jun 25, 2010, 08:16 AM
Just got to Knox at about 8:10 am. When I got here only 12 in front of me, now 3 in front of me! About 5 behind. Looking promising! * * fingers crossed!!! * *

julesintx
Jun 25, 2010, 08:23 AM
I'm inside! There is a line once you get inside, but at least there is a/c! (and wi-fi!)

TaterSalad
Jun 25, 2010, 08:24 AM
Just got to Knox at about 8:10 am. When I got here only 12 in front of me, now 3 in front of me! About 5 behind. Looking promising! * * fingers crossed!!! * *

Have you heard anything on inventory? Specifically on 16 GB's ? Yesterday they said there getting a shipment in tomorrow ( Being today ) morning. Not sure if that was for 16s 32s or both.

Geckotek
Jun 25, 2010, 08:39 AM
Have you heard anything on inventory? Specifically on 16 GB's ? Yesterday they said there getting a shipment in tomorrow ( Being today ) morning. Not sure if that was for 16s 32s or both.

When I spoke with them yesterday it seemed the 32GB were in higher demand, so I think 16GBs should be safe.

lhshockey24
Jun 25, 2010, 08:52 AM
Knox store line short and 16g available. Not sure about 32g.

Dculpep
Jun 25, 2010, 08:55 AM
8am. Friday.

Northpark Apple store is open and selling iPhone 4's.

Abt 50 people in line Now.

Yesterday at this location they served over 400 walk ins and over 1000 pre-orders.

They finished the walk in line at 8pm and the pre-order line wasn't finished till 11pm.

To get a walk in most people waited from around 5am till 7-8pm.

I was just told this by an Apple employee.

Enjoy.

LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE AROUND 100 16gb and 20 32gb left. Northpark.

lhshockey24
Jun 25, 2010, 09:01 AM
Store out of 32g. Only enough 16g left for people in line before 9am apparently.

jap1198
Jun 25, 2010, 10:20 AM
Just got back from the Apple Store at Knox.
Got there at about 8:20 and left at 9:00.
Everything went great! The line wasn't too long and they also had a line inside which was awesome (A/C). The line moved fairly quickly. Once I was at the front an employee took us to a table and told us to wait. He came back with the phone and then opened the box (thank god he left the wrapping on) and told me to activate it. I connected it to the computer and the activation took like 30 seconds. My dad paid and then we left! :D If you want an iPhone 4 go to Knox.

Geckotek
Jun 25, 2010, 10:22 AM
Just got back from the Apple Store at Knox.
Got there at about 8:20 and left at 9:00.
Everything went great! The line wasn't too long and they also had a line inside which was awesome (A/C). The line moved fairly quickly. Once I was at the front an employee took us to a table and told us to wait. He came back with the phone and then opened the box (thank god he left the wrapping on) and told me to activate it. I connected it to the computer and the activation took like 30 seconds. My dad paid and then we left! :D If you want an iPhone 4 go to Knox.

I assume you got 16GB? Earlier report says 32GB sold out.

jap1198
Jun 25, 2010, 10:25 AM
I assume you got 16GB? Earlier report says 32GB sold out.

Yes I got the 16GB.
lol I was gonna try to act funny and ask for a white iPhone but at the last minute I bailed.

julesintx
Jun 25, 2010, 11:22 AM
jap1198: we were there at the same time!

I got the 16GB as well, did not ask about 32 so not sure if they have those or not. They were out of cases / bumpers. Anyone heard if there are any cases / bumpers in Dallas area at all? (even at non-Apple stores?)

jap1198
Jun 25, 2010, 11:50 AM

I got the 16GB as well, did not ask about 32 so not sure if they have those or not. They were out of cases / bumpers. Anyone heard if there are any cases / bumpers in Dallas area at all? (even at non-Apple stores?)

I noticed that. I went over to the cases and I didn't find any.

vw2xb
Jun 25, 2010, 12:08 PM
Just stopped by Knox, they said they were sold out at 10:30 or so.

lhshockey24
Jun 25, 2010, 04:04 PM

Best Buy at Midway and LBJ just got a ton. Good selection.

itsjared
Jun 25, 2010, 04:26 PM
Best Buy at Midway and LBJ just got a ton. Good selection.

Good deal, I'll be heading there after work. I went to Willow bend this morning. 1st in line at 4am, a little overkill i know but I was on yesterday's crazy sleep schedule. People starting showing around 5:30. We had a decent sized line by oepning at 8. Had bout 70 in line or so. We got the royal treatment all over again. Ice tea this time!

Geckotek
Jun 25, 2010, 04:39 PM
Good deal, I'll be heading there after work. I went to Willow bend this morning. 1st in line at 4am, a little overkill i know but I was on yesterday's crazy sleep schedule. People starting showing around 5:30. We had a decent sized line by oepning at 8. Had bout 70 in line or so. We got the royal treatment all over again. Ice tea this time!

Wait, so you got one @ Willow Bend this am and now your getting another @ BB?

jap1198
Jun 25, 2010, 04:58 PM
Can anyone recommend any good cases for the iP4?
I'm trying to look for one that won't jack up the back of my phone.

parker770
Jun 25, 2010, 05:14 PM
anyone know where to get one walk-in today in Dallas? All of the apple stores I have tried are sold out... Also the best buy on 635@midway said the stock was only for pre-orders

itsjared
Jun 25, 2010, 05:26 PM
going to best buy for a bumper... Only if they are Apple brand though? anyone know? Also what is the best shield for front and back, i don't like those ones that feel gummy.

vw2xb
Jun 26, 2010, 10:44 AM
Just went to Walmart on George Bush and Old Denton. They had 4 16 GB and I bought 1. The girl didn't really know what she was doing and screwed up my data and text plans. Other than that, I got a new shiny iPhone 4.

so..as of 10:30 AM, they have 3 left.

parker770
Jun 26, 2010, 01:17 PM
^^thanks for the heads up, I got there at 11:30 and they still had three.

Walmart's computer system SUCKS though, I was trying to get it activated for about an hour before it finally went through. For some reason it was not recognizing my account.

They still have 2 16GBs left.

jap1198
Jun 29, 2010, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know if any apple stores have the bumpers in stock?

Adamb18c5
Jun 30, 2010, 03:51 PM
Willowbend as of 2pm had none

vw2xb
Jun 30, 2010, 09:58 PM
I got a black bumper at the Northpark Apple Store. Didn't see how many they had, one of the sales guys got it for me. This was about 4:30 pm.

wackulous
Jul 6, 2010, 05:27 PM
bumpers make you look gay....just sayin!

parker770
Jul 20, 2010, 12:10 AM
Has anyone in the Dallas area had to return one yet? Do they have stock available as replacements, or do you have to wait?

jap1198
Jun 3, 2011, 12:18 AM
I don't know the chances of anyone reading this, but does anyone know when the Knox St. Apple Store will reopen?

Geckotek
Jun 3, 2011, 02:29 AM
I don't know the chances of anyone reading this, but does anyone know when the Knox St. Apple Store will reopen?

No clue. I exchanged my smart cover @ the temp store a few weeks ago. Haven't been back since.

jap1198
Jun 12, 2011, 04:01 AM
No clue. I exchanged my smart cover @ the temp store a few weeks ago. Haven't been back since.

Yeah, I haven't been there in a while too. The last time I went was on the iPad 2 launch.
I hope they hold some sort of grand re-opening ceremony. :)

jap1198
Oct 4, 2011, 06:39 PM
Now that the new iPhone has been announced, who's going to be lining up/camping out for launch day at the KNOX location?

Geckotek
Oct 5, 2011, 02:34 AM
My upgrade isn't due until 11/25. Unless that changes I may not camp. :(

I was in the store tonight and they said late fall before they are back in the old spot.

jap1198
Oct 7, 2011, 11:26 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

So around late November? I can't wait to see what the renovated store looks like.

Geckotek
Oct 8, 2011, 12:44 AM
Yeah, bet they open for Black Friday.

Justim
Oct 8, 2011, 12:58 AM
My upgrade isn't due until 11/25. Unless that changes I may not camp. :(

I was in the store tonight and they said late fall before they are back in the old spot.

Mine was 12/4 and 3/14 but they were changed by AT&T to immediately available. Who are you with? That's just too close. I'd call them and tell them to allow you to upgrade.

Geckotek
Oct 8, 2011, 01:07 AM
AT&T. Tried many times. Nada

Justim
Oct 8, 2011, 01:25 AM
I didn't even have to call! Thats so weird. Do you have an iPhone already? Seems like iPhone customers get special treatment.

jap1198
Oct 9, 2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, bet they open for Black Friday.

I can already imagine the chaos.

jap1198
Oct 10, 2011, 01:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm assuming not many people are planning on going to the launch?

Geckotek
Oct 10, 2011, 01:38 AM

I'm assuming not many people are planning on going to the launch?

You mean waiting in line for the release?

jap1198
Oct 10, 2011, 05:54 PM

Yes.

Geckotek
Oct 10, 2011, 06:18 PM
Right now my pre-order still shows backordered and I think I'm on the border of those that truly got back ordered and those that will get it on Friday.

So I MAY be waiting in line for mine.

Additionally, I've got a buddy that waffled too long and won't get one launch day. He's debating waiting as well so I may join him either way.

Edit: sorry, I forgot that release day is called launch. I think of a launch event as being the actual announcement.

PPFee
Oct 10, 2011, 11:56 PM
Right now my pre-order still shows backordered and I think I'm on the border of those that truly got back ordered and those that will get it on Friday.

So I MAY be waiting in line for mine.

Additionally, I've got a buddy that waffled too long and won't get one launch day. He's debating waiting as well so I may join him either way.

Edit: sorry, I forgot that release day is called launch. I think of a launch event as being the actual announcement.
There is no reservations or appointments etc. for in store purchases this year is that correct or have i missed that info completely?

Geckotek
Oct 11, 2011, 12:12 AM
There is no reservations or appointments etc. for in store purchases this year is that correct or have i missed that info completely?

I haven't seen any

jap1198
Oct 11, 2011, 10:54 PM
Well, my friend and I are planning to line up around 10-11pm. Hopefully there won't be too many people. I know last year it was crazy but that's only because the 4 was a completely redesigned phone.

Geckotek
Oct 11, 2011, 11:50 PM
Well, my friend and I are planning to line up around 10-11pm. Hopefully there won't be too many people. I know last year it was crazy but that's only because the 4 was a completely redesigned phone.

Based on 4S pre-orders...I'm thinking it will be the same

Did we ever meet last year?

jap1198
Oct 12, 2011, 02:44 PM

I didn't go to the launch, I lined up the day after and miraculously got one.

jap1198
Oct 12, 2011, 03:46 PM

Find My Friends could be a useful tool for mertups.

Geckotek
Oct 12, 2011, 03:51 PM
Would be cool time to test it. :D

I'll probably drop by even if my buddy doesn't camp out.

jap1198
Oct 12, 2011, 05:08 PM
Would be cool time to test it. :D

I'll probably drop by even if my buddy doesn't camp out.

How do you send requests?

**I just word that supposedly Justin is already lined up at the Knox location.

Geckotek
Oct 12, 2011, 05:16 PM
How do you send requests?

**I just word that supposedly Justin is already lined up at the Knox location.

Hahaha, I was wondering if he was there yet.

Looks like it may be by the e-mail address you registered as your Apple ID.

jap1198
Oct 12, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hahaha, I was wondering if he was there yet.

Looks like it may be by the e-mail address you registered as your Apple ID.

Hopefully someone confirms this lol.

Apple ID as in the iCloud email or just your regular email you use w/ iTunes?

Geckotek
Oct 12, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hopefully someone confirms this lol.

Apple ID as in the iCloud email or just your regular email you use w/ iTunes?

They are one and the same for me. If you wanna, we can trade via PM. We can test the temporary part.

jap1198
Oct 12, 2011, 05:44 PM
They are one and the same for me. If you wanna, we can trade via PM. We can test the temporary part.

I just sent you the PM

Geckotek
Oct 12, 2011, 08:14 PM
Just dropped by, no Justin.

jap1198
Oct 12, 2011, 11:25 PM

We drove by as well 15 min ago and we didn't see anyone. Looks like the rumors were false.

iceterminal
Oct 13, 2011, 02:36 PM
I'm wondering how the stores in the malls are going to handle people if they want to camp out over night.
I've heard some stories that people were kicked out of the mall, and other stories where they were allowed to stay over night. I think the malls I heard about were NorthPark on 75, Stonebriar off 121, and Willow Bend off of the tollway.

Geckotek
Oct 13, 2011, 03:22 PM
I think each mall is different, some keep you completely off the property, some allow you on but not inside, and others allow you inside near or next to the store.

I recall going to NorthPark for an iPad 2 and waiting inside, but this was around 8 am and the mall walkers were already inside doing their thing.

jap1198
Oct 13, 2011, 04:03 PM
Any reports on any lines at Apple Stores?

Geckotek
Oct 13, 2011, 05:40 PM
Looks like 4-5 ppl in front of Knox right now. Expecting it to grow as ppl get off work.

jap1198
Oct 13, 2011, 05:47 PM
Looks like 4-5 ppl in front of Knox right now. Expecting it to grow as ppl get off work.

Not as bad as I expected. I'll be there around 9.

infoe
Oct 13, 2011, 07:20 PM
how are the lines looking around Dallas? hopefully since its the 4s and pre orders it won't be as ridonculous...i know stonebriar at 8am is probably the best bet...most people need to head down into dallas to work last year it was relatively reasonable.

pdangit
Oct 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
how are the lines looking around Dallas? hopefully since its the 4s and pre orders it won't be as ridonculous...i know stonebriar at 8am is probably the best bet...most people need to head down into dallas to work last year it was relatively reasonable.

I'm pretty new to north texas, how early should I go to stonebriar? thanks.

infoe
Oct 13, 2011, 07:36 PM
i'm relatively new as well 2 years in but the last event was not bad at all by 8-9 and that was release of iphone 4...some people probably wishing im not releasing this info lol but anyways it seemed like i was there closer to 915 and there was a small line from the main "long" line already being serviced and they can take quite a few people at once...plenty of phones were there as i recall...

smizzerf
Oct 13, 2011, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty new to north texas, how early should I go to stonebriar? thanks.

I work in Stonebriar about 25 feet away from the the Apple store, and I'm trying to find out about the lines. Apple employees only know they will be letting 50 people at a time in, and I have gotten a few different answers from mall security so far.

Nobody in line Right now, and it seems like the only consensus is that people can wait outside of the mall office entrance and will be let in at some point in time.

I'll be at work at 7:30 tomorrow morning selling stuff for the new phones. And my buddy will hopefully be in line trying to get his 4s.

infoe
Oct 13, 2011, 07:57 PM
I work in Stonebriar about 25 feet away from the the Apple store, and I'm trying to find out about the lines. Apple employees only know they will be letting 50 people at a time in, and I have gotten a few different answers from mall security so far.

Nobody in line Right now, and it seems like the only consensus is that people can wait outside of the mall office entrance and will be let in at some point in time.

I'll be at work at 7:30 tomorrow morning selling stuff for the new phones. And my buddy will hopefully be in line trying to get his 4s.

at 730 your buddy will probably be the only one there...

smizzerf
Oct 13, 2011, 08:20 PM

I'm guessing the same thing, but all the Apple store employees and my boss seem to think differently. Oh well, I'm paid hourly.

Geckotek
Oct 13, 2011, 08:28 PM

I SERIOUSLY doubt that based on past years. Knox had 4-5 ppl camping out @ 5PM today. About to drive by and check current status but I'd bet it's grown.

Geckotek
Oct 13, 2011, 09:34 PM
6 ppl in line @ Knox. Justin @ the front!

Edit: about 20 ppl in line now.

http://t.co/IISXaFGW
http://t.co/myT2QFow

infoe
Oct 13, 2011, 10:32 PM
Cool man not too crazy I'm doing morning time

Geckotek
Oct 13, 2011, 10:47 PM
I'm hearing NorthPark won't let customers on the property.

ttv06
Oct 14, 2011, 01:58 AM
From what I'm reading the Frisco store is usually the least crowded and handles the crowds about as well as any Apple store could? I'm definitely thinking that the Knox or Northpark store would be the most crowded. My wife is wanting to get an iPhone 4S 16 GB white tomorrow morning. She's dropping off the carpool at school tomorrow around NW highway and the tollway at 7:50, which store do you guys recommend she try?

I told her the Frisco (Stonebriar) store is a guarantee to have it in stock, but she doubts me with all the fanfare that is coming about from the new phone. Sounds like people have had bad experiences at the Willow Bend store and with Apple having to now activate Sprint, ATT and Verizon I have feeling the bad experiences may only grow there this year.

I would offer my line holding services, but I have to be at work by 9.

jap1198
Oct 14, 2011, 02:02 AM
The Knox St (McKinney) is surprisingly short.

ttv06
Oct 14, 2011, 02:07 AM
I drove by there tonight after work around 9 and it was about 20 people or so. Somebody looked to have a massive tent! Very cool!

I'm having trouble sleeping and am updating our two iphones and iPad to iOS5, so I may end up just doing some late night zombie driving to scout the lines.

There's also a Radio Shack right by our house. Does anyone know if they are selling anything other than pre-ordered phones?

infoe
Oct 14, 2011, 03:02 AM
From what I'm reading the Frisco store is usually the least crowded and handles the crowds about as well as any Apple store could? I'm definitely thinking that the Knox or Northpark store would be the most crowded. My wife is wanting to get an iPhone 4S 16 GB white tomorrow morning. She's dropping off the carpool at school tomorrow around NW highway and the tollway at 7:50, which store do you guys recommend she try?

I told her the Frisco (Stonebriar) store is a guarantee to have it in stock, but she doubts me with all the fanfare that is coming about from the new phone. Sounds like people have had bad experiences at the Willow Bend store and with Apple having to now activate Sprint, ATT and Verizon I have feeling the bad experiences may only grow there this year.

I would offer my line holding services, but I have to be at work by 9.

I've heard willow bend sucks also but never any reasons why ..do you know?

infoe
Oct 14, 2011, 03:13 AM
Argh can't sleep thinking off heating to stone briar our willow bend anyone at either?

benarmstrong
Oct 14, 2011, 04:19 AM
There's maybe 30 people here at the Southlake Town Square location.

Geckotek
Oct 14, 2011, 04:48 AM
Last count @ Knox was 52. That was about 30 mins ago.

eric_n_dfw
Oct 14, 2011, 06:30 AM
Just curious, how is the Southlake Town Square line looking this morning?

infoe
Oct 14, 2011, 07:11 AM
80 at willow bend...just caught last part of nice steve jobs tribute

Geckotek
Oct 14, 2011, 07:33 AM
I think we hit 150 here.

DrJohnnyN
Oct 14, 2011, 07:37 AM
I think we hit 150 here.

Pics?

benarmstrong
Oct 14, 2011, 07:39 AM
Just curious, how is the Southlake Town Square line looking this morning?

We have about 120 or so in line. They have about 300 devices here though so you'll be ok.

DrJohnnyN
Oct 14, 2011, 07:44 AM
We have about 120 or so in line. They have about 300 devices here though so you'll be ok.

Same across the board?

davidee
Oct 14, 2011, 07:58 AM
No idea how many but I'd estimate around 250. Applestore crew is doubling as a DJ & product demo group.

Lancetx
Oct 14, 2011, 08:21 AM
They have about 300 devices here though so you'll be ok.

Wow, 300 sounds extremely low, especially considering you have 3 different carriers, 3 different capacities and 2 different colors. Really glad I preordered online then.

Edit: Hopefully you meant about 300 of each individual model and not just 300 total iPhones combined.

ttv06
Oct 14, 2011, 08:42 AM

The 300 number can't be accurate. I worked at the Apple store in San Antonio during iPhone 1G launch and we had over 500 phones. Of course there was no preordering then, but demand is much higher and there are 3 different carriers now, so they must have more than 300.

autumn
Oct 14, 2011, 08:43 AM
Just got in the store here in southlake at 8:40am. No line outside. There is a line inside and they still have PLENTY of stock. So don't worry and come whenever you can. :)

Lancetx
Oct 14, 2011, 08:53 AM
Just got in the store here in southlake at 8:40am. No line outside. There is a line inside and they still have PLENTY of stock. So don't worry and come whenever you can. :)

That's good to hear, would have hated for them to run out in the first few minutes. Thanks for the report.

ttv06
Oct 14, 2011, 09:35 AM
My wife got to the Stonebriar (Frisco) store at around 8:10 and it was pretty crowded, but it's 9:30 now and she's only four people back.Store. She's after the 16GB white AT&T model and they were doing the card/ticket system and she got her ticket for the phone she wants. She said they definitely have a ton of black iPhones, but are starting to run out of some of the white models. Not sure which ones or which plan they're on.

jap1198
Nov 13, 2011, 01:09 PM
Any progress on the Knox Apple store renovation? It's almost Black Friday and I haven't heard any news.

*Update*
I just got back from the Apple Store and it seems pretty much done. It looks really nice!