PDA

View Full Version : Apple store (louisville) KY

jtbuttery
Jun 18, 2010, 06:22 PM
Come join me and others in our quest to recieve are pre order iphone 4s;):D:o

ius-student
Jun 18, 2010, 06:30 PM
I'll be there sir. I was wondering what exactly will happen when we purchase our phones. Will Apple keep track of which AT&T phone numbers are purchasing phones.

jtbuttery
Jun 18, 2010, 06:37 PM
You will come in the pre order line they will give you your phone and they will help you get everything settled

wmgroome
Jun 18, 2010, 06:54 PM
I'm super excited and more than anxious to get my hands on iPhone 4. I bought the first gen on day one and have held out for this kind of revision. I'll be there around the 7am time slot. I'm confident that with my reserved unit, i'll have no problems picking one up.

jackbandy
Jun 18, 2010, 07:40 PM
if i'm correct, you can't pre-order (reserve) your iPhone anymore. I hope I'm wrong... (can someone confirm?)

I was planning on camping out the night before, when should I arrive, and has there been a line at this store in the past? any other tips?

this will be my first day-one purchase!

Thanks

ius-student
Jun 18, 2010, 08:26 PM
You will come in the pre order line they will give you your phone and they will help you get everything settled

I'm going to post a thread about this but here is my issue. I've reserved 3 iPhone 4s for launch date. (I freaked out and went a little overboard I suppose.) And I've got three reservation confirmation emails. Now, I'm wondering if I can buy one and extend my contract, and my girlfriend, who is authorized on the AT&T account, buy another one without any sort of activation.

She called Apple and they confirmed that her reservation was valid.

Will Apple notice that I've purchased two phones with one phone number?

Also, if she buys the phone without extending the contract, and I get turned away, will Apple/AT&T give me a refund if I sign an extended agreement with the one phone I overpaid for?

jtbuttery
Jun 18, 2010, 09:10 PM
apple should notice that and you would pay no commitment pricing on one of those phones if done without contracts. Also if you preorder now it is set back to the later ship date of the 14th

Man I will plan for 7 am too

jackbandy
Jun 18, 2010, 09:40 PM
apple should notice that and you would pay no commitment pricing on one of those phones if done without contracts. Also if you preorder now it is set back to the later ship date of the 14th

Man I will plan for 7 am too

i know the shipments are set back for pre-orders, but can you still reserve one at an apple store?

jtbuttery
Jun 19, 2010, 08:54 PM
i know the shipments are set back for pre-orders, but can you still reserve one at an apple store?

Yes but you wont get it at launch

hardsc02
Jun 20, 2010, 07:56 PM
I'm staying on my side of the river and going to Clarksville at&t store.

kycophpd
Jun 20, 2010, 08:36 PM
I checked with mall security and no one will be allowed to be on mall property prior to 6am.

jackbandy
Jun 20, 2010, 08:50 PM
Since nobody can even be on the property until 6, I think (without a reserved unit) I'll be fine with just showing up a little before 6 and try to get towards front of the line. See everyone there!

RagingGoat
Jun 21, 2010, 07:11 AM
I have a question about reservations. I have 2 phones reserved for me and my wife and noticed at the bottom of the confirmation emails that it says pre-authorization does not guarantee iphone availability at a retail store. iphone is sold on a first come, first served basis. Should I worry about not getting one since the email also says, that my reserved phone will be held until the close of business on the 24th?

ckohler
Jun 23, 2010, 06:37 AM

jtbuttery: Do you know if they'll have additional stock for launch-day walk-ins (non-preorders)? If you don't know for certain, just say so. I plan to call today to find out as your Apple store is the only one within 100 miles of me.

RagingGoat
Jun 23, 2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the reply, but after getting my reminder email at the beginning of the week, I figured it out.

jtbuttery
Jun 23, 2010, 10:30 AM
jtbuttery: Do you know if they'll have additional stock for launch-day walk-ins (non-preorders)? If you don't know for certain, just say so. I plan to call today to find out as your Apple store is the only one within 100 miles of me.

Yes theyll have additional stock but im not for certain how many they dont usually tell employees right away

jtbuttery
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
I have a question about reservations. I have 2 phones reserved for me and my wife and noticed at the bottom of the confirmation emails that it says pre-authorization does not guarantee iphone availability at a retail store. iphone is sold on a first come, first served basis. Should I worry about not getting one since the email also says, that my reserved phone will be held until the close of business on the 24th?

Sir you will get your iphones as lomg as you show up tomorrow

importluva
Jun 23, 2010, 05:37 PM
Anyone know if there is going to be a delay for walk-ins? It seems some of the other stores are not allowing walk-ins till 10am or even 11am.

dakotaiphone
Jun 24, 2010, 08:39 PM
I am going to try again tomorrow by seeing if I can get a phone that was reserved but not picked up. Any takers?