PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, SC - King Street

Soshjr88
Jun 18, 2010, 07:04 PM
So how early are you going to start getting to the store? Still haven't decided if I'm going to get there early and wait or not.

defskip
Jun 18, 2010, 07:33 PM
I think I'm going to get there right at or before 5 AM, just so I can try to get it done as early as possible.

Soshjr88
Jun 18, 2010, 11:59 PM
A couple of years ago I waited in line at the AT&T store for the iPhone 3G and was the first person not to get one so if I do go I'll be sure to get there real early.

AHDuke99
Jun 19, 2010, 12:58 PM
A friend and I are going to start checking late Wednesday night. I honestly have no idea when people will start showing up there. If no one is there at midnight, we'll probably come back around 5am or so.

Hipplewm
Jun 20, 2010, 06:34 AM
Man, I so wish i could get mine here. I live on James Island and it would be so convenient. I will be in Orlando and have to wait in line in a much bigger city. Good Luck

khawkins98
Jun 20, 2010, 09:32 AM
Just a little note that over on TheDigitel we're directing folks to this thread (http://charleston.thedigitel.com/business/planning-line-iphone-4-charleston-heres-where-grou-21899-0620).

Also here's our experiences from the 3G launch in Charleston (http://charleston.thedigitel.com/business/apples-king-street-store-opens-fanfare-iphone-3gs-and-free-t-shirts10199) for background info.

Kinda sad I won't be able to drop by to check out the line fun. :D

smrubenstein
Jun 20, 2010, 12:20 PM
Well AT&T from what I can tell after speaking with support has screwed up my preorder so I'll be there probably 3am too to make sure that I can at the very least purchase from the Apple Store. Hopefully AT&T will process my order in time. Gonna load up my iPad with movies and sit there till the store opens. Hope to see you guys there.

curbyourdesign
Jun 22, 2010, 04:34 PM
my wife and I are on vacation in Savannah and plan on going to Charleston for a night. Lucky for us we were able to reserve our phones at King Street! What should we expect, will there be a line for reservations? Anyone go to the 3Gs launch last year?

**EDIT**

Where would one find good parking for the launch?

andy71600
Jun 22, 2010, 06:31 PM
I'll be there! Hopefully having a reservation will actually mean something...

curbyourdesign
Jun 23, 2010, 07:55 AM
I'll be there! Hopefully having a reservation will actually mean something...

If you received a couple of email confirmations from Apple you are guaranteed an iPhone for the day. Good luck!

andy71600
Jun 23, 2010, 08:11 AM
If you received a couple of email confirmations from Apple you are guaranteed an iPhone for the day. Good luck!

yeah I got the original confirmation from apple and another the other day reminding me to pick up my phone

dhcofc
Jun 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
It is 11:30pm and there are about 5 people in line with reservations and about 50 in line for first come first serve. Last year for the 3GS there were only 5 in line at 5am!

AHDuke99
Jun 24, 2010, 03:36 AM
There are over a hundred in line now. I'm not sure if many of them have reservations or not. I was told only 15 or so had them out of the 75 tuere when I got here.

fastgraham
Jun 24, 2010, 06:25 AM
Have they said how many phones they have for walk ins?

Soshjr88
Jun 24, 2010, 11:33 AM
I was at the store about an hour ago and they were out of 16GB phones but still had 32GB left but there were like 75 still in line waiting in the walk-in line. The best thing to do would be to call and see if there are any left.

Also, I asked one of the employees and she said she couldn't tell me how many iPhone 4s they had.