PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis Keystone Apple Store

Natron
Jun 18, 2010, 07:13 PM
I have an iPhone 4 reserved at the Keystone Apple Store in Indianapolis, and I plan to be there when the store opens at 7.

Anyone else planning on being there?

primedynasty
Jun 18, 2010, 07:49 PM
I will be there at open as well or more likely before. I have one reserved as well.

bgluce
Jun 18, 2010, 08:18 PM
I plan on showing up a little before 7am. I called the store today and the employee I spoke with said they opened at 8am! I told him the website says 7am and he confirmed. He also said the mall doors would be open early so people could wait inside the mall.

bryanindy
Jun 18, 2010, 09:42 PM
I have to work downtown until 7:30 am, so I won't be there until 8:30 or so. I called and they said they'll have 2 lines, one for reservations, one for those without. They reassured me there would be an iPhone waiting for me and that there is no rush if you have a reservation.

tmshort
Jun 18, 2010, 11:00 PM
Maybe a stupid question...

During the fiasco of trying to order on 6/15, I was able to get to a page that said an iPhone has been reserved for you (at Apple Store Keystone).

However, I have no email or other confirmation.

What kind of confirmation do you have for a preorder / reservation?

N1ESB
Jun 18, 2010, 11:24 PM
I have an iPhone 4 reserved and I plan to be at the store shortly before they open at 7.:apple:

razmy
Jun 18, 2010, 11:54 PM
I'll be there! I'm heading down from Anderson around midnight. If I remember correctly from the 3G launch, security wouldn't let campers park in the lot outside the store till 5. A great watch is the adventures of someone going back and forth between Apple & At&t on launch day. Hopefully we won't see anything like that this time around. http://www.youtube.com/user/26daysnoiphone

As a side note. I never got through to pre-order on Apple.com and I didn't want At&t to ship it (because camping is for real fanboys). So I finally got through via Apple Store iPhone app. But it never asked me to confirm my plan, just my choice of phone. I received a confirmation email, but was confused on the lack of steps from the app. Regardless, I'm not to worried about it. Just a topic of conversation.

oneals2focus
Jun 19, 2010, 12:21 AM
I have to work downtown until 7:30 am, so I won't be there until 8:30 or so. I called and they said they'll have 2 lines, one for reservations, one for those without. They reassured me there would be an iPhone waiting for me and that there is no rush if you have a reservation.

This is great news! I have a reservation aswell. I need to call and double check because I got a e-mail conformation and it shows up on the Apple Store app but nothing shows up on the web site when I log in. But anyway I can't wait! :D

oneals2focus
Jun 19, 2010, 12:27 AM

During the fiasco of trying to order on 6/15, I was able to get to a page that said an iPhone has been reserved for you (at Apple Store Keystone).

I got a e-mail and it shows up on the Apple Store app. I would call and double check or get there extra early. You should be good though.

wkennedy74
Jun 19, 2010, 12:56 AM
I will be there around 6:30, coming from Butler. I also called to confirm and they said they had one for me. Also mentioned the 2 line deal.

I am not the primary account holder, they confirmed I just needed the last 4 of the primary acct holder.

See ya then!

bgluce
Jun 19, 2010, 07:50 AM
In my confirmation for my reservation it shows my current AT&T plan, however it shows retired? Anyone know what that means?

Your Rate Plan
Nation 900 (Retired) $59.99 :confused:
Plan includes: Nation 900 (Retired) :confused:
Unlimited $30.00
1500 messages $15.00

Natron
Jun 19, 2010, 10:40 AM

Not sure. Probably worth a phone call. I'd be weary without getting the email confirm.

Natron
Jun 19, 2010, 10:49 AM
I'll be there! I'm heading down from Anderson around midnight. If I remember correctly from the 3G launch, security wouldn't let campers park in the lot outside the store till 5. A great watch is the adventures of someone going back and forth between Apple & At&t on launch day. Hopefully we won't see anything like that this time around. http://www.youtube.com/user/26daysnoiphone

I was out of town at a wedding during the 3G launch, but I picked mine up the first morning I was able to get there at open. A friend of mine was there, and he reported hiding from mall security, chilling at Marsh down the street, etc.

As a side note. I never got through to pre-order on Apple.com and I didn't want At&t to ship it (because camping is for real fanboys). So I finally got through via Apple Store iPhone app. But it never asked me to confirm my plan, just my choice of phone. I received a confirmation email, but was confused on the lack of steps from the app. Regardless, I'm not to worried about it. Just a topic of conversation.

If I remember correctly, once I hit Reserve on the 16GB, the only other thing I was required to do was enter my Apple account info.

wkennedy74
Jun 19, 2010, 11:09 AM
In my confirmation for my reservation it shows my current AT&T plan, however it shows retired? Anyone know what that means?

Your Rate Plan
Nation 900 (Retired) $59.99 :confused:
Plan includes: Nation 900 (Retired) :confused:
Unlimited $30.00
1500 messages $15.00

My guess is they don't offer that rate plan anymore so hang on to it :)

I wouldn't mind having a 900 min plan ;)

jbrooks81
Jun 19, 2010, 11:41 AM
Tried all day and night and couldn't get an order in. Looks like I'm going to be trying for a non reserved unit. I did go ahead and place an order which won't deliver until the 15th in case I don't get one on launch day. Hope that doesn't mess anything up.

What time does everyone think I should get there to get a decent shot of picking one up?

bgluce
Jun 19, 2010, 02:43 PM
Tried all day and night and couldn't get an order in. Looks like I'm going to be trying for a non reserved unit. I did go ahead and place an order which won't deliver until the 15th in case I don't get one on launch day. Hope that doesn't mess anything up.

What time does everyone think I should get there to get a decent shot of picking one up?

I think 5am would be safe.

aserafin
Jun 20, 2010, 10:13 AM
Talking to one of the employees last week, he said that the mall security would make you leave if you got there too early. During the iPad launch, they had people try to get to the parking lot starting at 3am and were promptly told to leave. Guess it works out well for me that I get off at 6 am and will be headed straight up from downtown to Keystone.

pprshell
Jun 20, 2010, 09:34 PM
I'm debating on going or not. I have the whole day off, like every Thursday, but I don't want to waste my time going there.

I didn't even bother with the pre-sale after reading everything.
Plus, I would much rather prefer a white one.
But, damn, I'm ready for a new phone (running on jailbroke 3G).

BrownManUPS
Jun 21, 2010, 02:22 PM
I'll be there. There is another thread about this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=501376

I'll probably get there at 6:15a. I live 5 minutes away, and will probably pick up some coffee and a bagel from the Einstein's before. See you all there!

Superproducer
Jun 23, 2010, 08:09 AM
I called last week and confirmed. I'll get there a little before seven. Hope the wait isn't too long

shadygrove
Jun 23, 2010, 08:25 AM
see you guys there. I will be by 7, just to be sure to get a decent spot in line.

oneals2focus
Jun 23, 2010, 08:49 AM
I can't wait! Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have my 32GB iPhone 4! :D :apple:

Woosler09
Jun 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
i plan on being there quite early because i couldn't get a pre-order in. :(

PeanutsFan
Jun 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
I called last week and confirmed. I'll get there a little before seven. Hope the wait isn't too long

Hey Superproducer...are you a news producer at a TV station here in Indy also?

I am not going to be able to sleep tonight. I want my new iPhone bad!!! I will be in line early. Great way to spend my vacation!!! LOL

razmy
Jun 23, 2010, 02:34 PM
I can't think straight! I'm stuck at work till 8pm. Heading down from Anderson around midnight. I have a pre-order, but I can't take the pressure! Does anyone know if anyone is already in line? I've been wondering how their going to decipher the line with pre-orders and non. Whats the earliest you guys are getting there?

slpdLoad
Jun 23, 2010, 02:36 PM
Not looking good at BestBuy and I don't have any kind of reservation at the Apple Store.

May try Keystone around 5am as that's about as early as the mall rent-a-cops will let you in from past experiences that have been posted.

Woosler09
Jun 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
I can't think straight! I'm stuck at work till 8pm. Heading down from Anderson around midnight. I have a pre-order, but I can't take the pressure! Does anyone know if anyone is already in line? I've been wondering how their going to decipher the line with pre-orders and non. Whats the earliest you guys are getting there?

Im getting there around 5, thats a "conservative" time according to a few sales reps there. And there should be two lines, one for pre-orders and one for walk-ins

jamonandon
Jun 23, 2010, 03:36 PM
just called, employee said walk-ins will not be let in the store till 8am.....

blake10500
Jun 23, 2010, 05:27 PM
just called, employee said walk-ins will not be let in the store till 8am.....

Are you sure, I haven't pre-ordered and I'm going to get there at 5am sharp. What are my chances of getting an iphone 4?

razmy
Jun 23, 2010, 07:27 PM
Am I freaking out for wanting to go down right now?? Ugh! I can't take it any more!

Boiler
Jun 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
The parking lot is closed and guarded by security until 6AM.

BrownManUPS
Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't go there right now. Just stick it out until the morning. See you folks there!

oneals2focus
Jun 23, 2010, 11:20 PM
The parking lot is closed and guarded by security until 6AM.

Will be there at 5:59 am then. :D lol

Jkazmeyer
Jun 24, 2010, 02:55 AM
Is anyone there yet? I'm planning on heading down there soon... Hoping for a small line....

wkennedy74
Jun 24, 2010, 02:55 AM
Well I am hearing there are people camped out right now.

Jkazmeyer
Jun 24, 2010, 03:00 AM
That's rough.... I'm gonna be there in 30 min.... Hope I can get lucky... I pre ordered but delivery isn't until July 6... I'm impatient... Sounds like you have one reserved... At least you know you'll get 1...

wkennedy74
Jun 24, 2010, 03:07 AM
Yes, thankfully. I was able to reserve one via the apple store app on my 3g while sitting in training :) Myself and a buddy are heading up there at 6am when I get off work.

Jkazmeyer
Jun 24, 2010, 03:45 AM
Just got here.... Line is ridiculous.... I'm not sure I'm even gonna stay.... There have gotta be a couple hundred people here....

BrownManUPS
Jun 24, 2010, 03:50 AM
Just got here.... Line is ridiculous.... I'm not sure I'm even gonna stay.... There have gotta be a couple hundred people here....

!!!! Seriously, I'm not even out of bed yet...hahahaaha. How many of these pre-reserved?

Jkazmeyer
Jun 24, 2010, 04:39 AM
Hard to say... There was no order to it.... For a minute there were 2 lines... Maybe 150 each... But there were other lines at other entrances... The cops threw about 300 of us off the property... I left.. I'm home... I've got a phone coming in the mail in a few days... I decided to wait.. My wife wants a white 1 so she has to wait anyway... I was just being impatient... I wasn't sticking around there.... It was a little crazy for my taste... If you have a reservation, I'd go later... Let it die down... I believe they will hold your phone till the close of business....

oneals2focus
Jun 24, 2010, 06:03 AM
In line! ;) http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/oneals2focus/ca67b8a4.jpg

BrownManUPS
Jun 24, 2010, 06:31 AM
Currently in the mall area in line. I got here at 5:15a and there are still a few people in front...about 50.

The other line is getting capped off but there were quite a few people. Like 500ish at least.

I'll take an HD video and stuff later in about 30-40 minutes when I get it I think.

beerwhisperer
Jun 24, 2010, 06:56 AM
Surprised there was such a good turnout, didn't think we had so many fans in town. Was hoping FedEx would have mine yesterday, but no luck.

Oh, and I just turned on the tv, and you're all on Fox morning news.

boatski
Jun 24, 2010, 07:57 AM
Currently in the mall area in line. I got here at 5:15a and there are still a few people in front...about 50.

The other line is getting capped off but there were quite a few people. Like 500ish at least.

I'll take an HD video and stuff later in about 30-40 minutes when I get it I think.

holy hell 500 ppl in line?

BrownManUPS
Jun 24, 2010, 08:57 AM
Update: I got in at 5:15a and was out by 8:15a. So about 2.5 - 3 hours of waiting....in the RESERVED line. It was all fun and I got on TV! I'll see if I can get the video stream later. I look grungy as hell though.

I took a video of people in line, to which they seemed upset, haha. I'm gonna take more video and post it on my blog so I'll update again when I have that all set up. Right now I'm syncing this 32GB's of awesomeness up!

shadygrove
Jun 24, 2010, 09:35 AM
I was one of the first people to get inside without a reservation and I am still waiting in line. I got lucky and got here at 530 and skipped all the people that were waiting in the big line. Atleast another hour left before I get inside.

oneals2focus
Jun 24, 2010, 09:48 AM
I got there around 6:13 am and got out around 8:40 am not bad at all. ;) http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/oneals2focus/eaac6b76.jpg

BrownManUPS
Jun 24, 2010, 10:14 AM
Here are some first impressions I had on the device:

http://allthingstarun.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/iphone-4-review/

iamp
Jun 24, 2010, 11:06 AM
Hey guys! Any idea how long is the reserved line atm?

pprshell
Jun 24, 2010, 11:19 AM
I just read on the Indy Star (http://www.indystar.com/article/20100624/BUSINESS/6240397/1003/It-s-no-party-line-waiting-for-new-IPhone)'s site that people are being turned away.
People who didn't pre order, I would assume.

wkennedy74
Jun 24, 2010, 02:49 PM
Well I arrived around 6:30AM and according to the video I recorded on my way out I was done at 9:12AM. Not too bad :) I think they had things setup pretty well, but I heard we missed alot of mayhem and confusion earlier in the morning. People hiding from security in trees and behind cars. Lines forming, being broken up, and re-forming. Sounds pretty comical, but I am sure some people got screwed out of a phone in the mess. The people in the reserve line were all pretty calm and chipper, the FCFS line was not so chipper as I imagine 99% of them had tried to reserve a phone. Surprisingly there was about 100 people in the FCFS line inside the mall that were guaranteed a phone. They were sending 1 of the in for every 5 of us. I madea my first facetime call at 2:31PM and I must say, as simple as face to face conversation may seem in theory....it was unbelievable to do it on a phone :) Myself and the other caller were smiling the whole time and kept saying how cool it was.

Good standing in line with you all!

BrownManUPS
Jun 24, 2010, 07:18 PM
I got on TV! Check it out via my blog:

http://allthingstarun.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/i-got-on-tv/

NWI73
Jun 25, 2010, 12:10 PM
Has anybody went to this store today and walked out with an iphone 4? Post your comments...i'm thinking of heading there tonight around 7. That's the earliest I could be there. I called an hour ago and was told they had them and there is about a 2 hour wait/line. I wonder if they have enough to hold them until at least close of biz tonight.

pprshell
Jun 26, 2010, 11:48 AM
Just hung up with the Apple store, they said they DO NOT have any left.

Christopher387A
Jul 6, 2010, 04:21 PM
Just got off the phone with Keystone, they have all bumper colors in stock. I'm 2 hours away and they won't sell me one over the phone. If someone from here could pick up a white or orange one for me and mail it to me, I would GLADLY pay for the cost + shipping/your time. Thanks!

Edit: Got one.

theonekcrow
Sep 14, 2012, 12:38 AM
Anyone have any idea if they are doing reservations this year too for the iPhone 5? If so what's the best way to get there early without security hassling you?