PDA

View Full Version : Christiana Mall DELAWARE

iPhone43
Jun 18, 2010, 07:15 PM
Who else is meeting there? Anyone been before? What's it like?

I'll be there...

jdczar
Jun 18, 2010, 07:59 PM
I will be there its a new store inside the mall I pre-ordered so I dont know what time I will be there at yet

Kyle23
Jun 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
I'll be getting off work at at 8am on launch day. I work on route 202 by the concord mall so I am going to try to buy one at the AT$T store about 1/2 mile from the mall. Thats where I bought my last 2 iPhones on launch day and never seen a line, and the employee's say they never have a line more then 10-20 people long. Good luck with the Apple store I have friends that work there who said the line for 3GS started at 3am..

adrianwd
Jun 18, 2010, 08:11 PM
I'll be there. I was in line during the 3GS launch at 6am and there were probably 40 people ahead of me. Wonder how ridiculous it's going to be this year. Does anyone know which door we are suppose to go through to get in line this year since they moved the Apple Store a bit down?

iPhone43
Jun 18, 2010, 08:22 PM
Awesome to get a response on this so quick! Who knew so many people lived around here... haha.

I preordered mine @ Apple because I have a giftcard for there. So the line started at 3 AM last year? I heard they open the door right by Banana Republic and Anthropologie. Apparently they don't open the mall door until 6 AM. Do we just form a line outside?

Also, I have to upgrade a line that's not mine then switch the SIM over. Will Apple be able to do that? Normally it'd be easy with the SIM, but since it's micro-SIM...

I was thinking maybe 4 or 5 AM this year. Would love to hear advise and past experiences...

downhillboarder
Jun 18, 2010, 08:33 PM
I'll be there. This is gonna be my first time getting the iPhone on launch day, what time do you think I should get there? And I did pre-order it.

adrianwd, i was wondering what door we have to use too but i was looking at the map and it would probably be either entrance 1 (by Anthropologie) or entrance 2 (by the Children's Place). I have to go to the Apple store tomorrow so I'll ask then.

adrianwd
Jun 18, 2010, 08:42 PM
During the 3GS they only opened the door by children's place and as time got close to 7 they moved up towards the food court hall and lined us up against the wall separating the people who pre-ordered and who didn't pre-order. I am thinking of heading there at 4AM possibly because I was at the door last year when arriving at 6AM and it was just for a 3GS. But if they tell you which door spread the word so we don't have to go driving around parking lots to figure out which door is the correct one lol

@iphone43, usually they don't swap out the sim cards because when i upgraded mine they just activated it through their computer and it came with a new sim card

Waffleking35
Jun 19, 2010, 12:06 AM
Please forgive my newbie question. This is my first time going to a launch day (i wanted to just order online and have it shipped, but could only preorder). Will there be two lines you think? One for preorders and one for those just first come first serve? I only ask because I have a small window of time dropping my kids off that day. I was hoping the preorder folks can get in and out fairly quickly. The email I have says it will be held all day. I figure on getting there after 9:30am. So maybe this will quiet down by then.

Thanks!

adrianwd
Jun 19, 2010, 12:50 AM
Please forgive my newbie question. This is my first time going to a launch day (i wanted to just order online and have it shipped, but could only preorder). Will there be two lines you think? One for preorders and one for those just first come first serve? I only ask because I have a small window of time dropping my kids off that day. I was hoping the preorder folks can get in and out fairly quickly. The email I have says it will be held all day. I figure on getting there after 9:30am. So maybe this will quiet down by then.

Thanks!

At first it'll be one long line until it gets closer to 7AM. Then they will seperate the line into 2 lines. 1 being the pre-ordered line and the other for walk-ins

TheMars
Jun 19, 2010, 09:00 AM
I'm considering going before work, and I have already told my boss I will be late for 8:30. How fast do you think the line will go with all the activations? I plan to arrive around 5am if I do go, so I'll no doubt have a sizeable line to deal with.

adrianwd
Jun 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
I'm considering going before work, and I have already told my boss I will be late for 8:30. How fast do you think the line will go with all the activations? I plan to arrive around 5am if I do go, so I'll no doubt have a sizeable line to deal with.

Activation for the 3GS for me took about 3 minutes. It was pretty fast probably because we are the first in the nation to get the iphone since being on the east coast:D

BrentT
Jun 19, 2010, 01:51 PM
I preordered an iPad and got there about 9:30 with a line of about 50 people ahead of me. At 10 am many more staff came out of the back and the speed really speeded up. By 10:30 there was practically no line.

I am thinking of waiting until 10 to get there with my pre-order. The store may open at 7 but I wonder if there will be enough staff to process the preorders? BTW: My reservation e-mail said to bring your social security number. Does that mean you just need to know the number, or do I need proof of the number?

downhillboarder
Jun 19, 2010, 03:35 PM
I went to the apple store today and asked what door the line will be at in the morning and the guy said the entrance by Anthropologie (entrance 1).

And to add on to BrentT's question about SS #s, im in the family plan thing, do i need my SS # or the main person's?

adrianwd
Jun 19, 2010, 03:56 PM
I went to the apple store today and asked what door the line will be at in the morning and the guy said the entrance by Anthropologie (entrance 1).

And to add on to BrentT's question about SS #s, im in the family plan thing, do i need my SS # or the main person's?

Thanx. Good to know what entrance is the correct one now. No more playing musical entrances. As for the SS #. I believe you would need the SSN of the account holder of your plan. I am curious though of if you need the whole SSN or just the last 4 digits. Then again I don't remember them even asking me last time when I went to get my 3GS.

iPhone43
Jun 19, 2010, 08:32 PM
Anyone know if we get shirts? What'd they say? How many do they give out? Pictures from last year??

I believe you need the whole SSN if ordering a new line/account, and just the last four if you're upgrading. Just knowing the account holder's is fine - no need for the card.

I'm thinking 4 AM. Watch a movie for 2.5 hours and it'll go by quick. Does everyone just sit there, or is there music, etc?

Thoughts?

adrianwd
Jun 19, 2010, 08:39 PM
Anyone know if we get shirts? What'd they say? How many do they give out? Pictures from last year??

I believe you need the whole SSN if ordering a new line/account, and just the last four if you're upgrading. Just knowing the account holder's is fine - no need for the card.

I'm thinking 4 AM. Watch a movie for 2.5 hours and it'll go by quick. Does everyone just sit there, or is there music, etc?

Thoughts?

I'm also thinking of arriving at 4...n last time there was nothing. We just sat there and waited

downhillboarder
Jun 19, 2010, 10:28 PM
My friend said that he called the apple store a few days ago to see what time he should get there (he didn't get a reservation, good luck with that) and the person on the phone said to get there really early because she heard that someone might be planning a tailgate party.... I don't know if this is actually happening but it would be nice

and today when i was at the store the employee said they will be handing out refreshments, but its probably just gonna be water or something

MikeyTree
Jun 20, 2010, 10:51 AM
I heard that the Apple store moved since the last time I was there, about a year ago. Where is it now?

I wasn't able to get a reservation, so I'm going to try to be there for about 4-5.

adrianwd
Jun 20, 2010, 11:04 AM
I heard that the Apple store moved since the last time I was there, about a year ago. Where is it now?

I wasn't able to get a reservation, so I'm going to try to be there for about 4-5.

Yea it moved but not very far. It's like right next to FYE. It's really huge. But good luck getting the phone

PhoenixMac
Jun 20, 2010, 03:45 PM
I reserved one but I work on call so i prob won't be able to make it there till after lunch probably think the line will be long around 2pm as I work at Dover afb?

adrianwd
Jun 20, 2010, 03:54 PM
I reserved one but I work on call so i prob won't be able to make it there till after lunch probably think the line will be long around 2pm as I work at Dover afb?

Man that is a bit of a drive. But i'm pretty sure there will be a line for most of the day

PhoenixMac
Jun 20, 2010, 04:26 PM
Yea I'm tdy to Delaware or else I would have shipped it to my house so that store is the closest apple store

downhillboarder
Jun 20, 2010, 06:28 PM
MikeyTree, if you didn't get a reservation I would get there earlier than 4 just in case because a lot of people might be coming to this store from PA and NJ because of the tax-free shopping, i know my cousin is planning to do that.

and there will probably be a line most of the day

BrentT
Jun 21, 2010, 09:07 AM
Yea I'm tdy to Delaware or else I would have shipped it to my house so that store is the closest apple store

From Dover AFB to the mall will take less than an hour. If you have a reservation they are supposed to hold the phone until 1900. If it is like the first iPad day the lines should be shorter in the reserved line by the early afternoon. They will probably pick up after 1500 for those who have to work and then will come to get the phone.

Go Air Force!

dsn112
Jun 21, 2010, 11:02 AM
I thought about showing up around 7-8. on 2g iphone day the phone launched at 6pm, I showed up at 7 and they had like a thousand left. On 3gs launch, I had a reservation, got there an hour later and the lines were barely lines.

PhoenixMac
Jun 21, 2010, 07:40 PM
sweet im getting the morning off so i can show up early ill prob be there around 5

adrianwd
Jun 21, 2010, 08:09 PM
sweet im getting the morning off so i can show up early ill prob be there around 5

I'm still pondering if I should arrive at 4 or 5.

Does anyone think people are gonna camp out over night at the mall?

iPhone43
Jun 21, 2010, 08:51 PM
I'm just going to have chairs at 4 AM. If it rains - I'll bring a tent... lol.

Is there food going around? Drinks? Starbucks open? What about shirts?

adrianwd
Jun 21, 2010, 10:30 PM
I'm just going to have chairs at 4 AM. If it rains - I'll bring a tent... lol.

Is there food going around? Drinks? Starbucks open? What about shirts?

They did say it's gonna storm that day. Guess even the weather knows it's going down thursday lol. But it'll probably not storm just like every day they say it's gonna rain the past month

downhillboarder
Jun 21, 2010, 11:44 PM
if it does rain, the entrance has a roof i think so we can all huddle in there.... but theres no escaping the heat :(

the apple store said they were gonna have refreshments... but didn't say what type.

Do you know if the mall is gonna allow people to line up earlier than 6? as i was reading other threads, it seams a lot of malls don't allow that

adrianwd
Jun 22, 2010, 12:14 AM
if it does rain, the entrance has a roof i think so we can all huddle in there.... but theres no escaping the heat :(

the apple store said they were gonna have refreshments... but didn't say what type.

Do you know if the mall is gonna allow people to line up earlier than 6? as i was reading other threads, it seams a lot of malls don't allow that

I hope there's a roof. There's enough construction going on there. But i'm sure they just give out water cuz that's what I think they gave out last time. Also I have no idea if they will allow people to line up. I don't think they can stop it but they won't let us in the mall until a certain time

downhillboarder
Jun 22, 2010, 12:36 AM
I hope there's a roof. There's enough construction going on there. But i'm sure they just give out water cuz that's what I think they gave out last time. Also I have no idea if they will allow people to line up. I don't think they can stop it but they won't let us in the mall until a certain time

they open the mall doors at 6

kajoob
Jun 22, 2010, 05:32 PM
I've waited in line at every launch, and since it's sleepy little Delaware, there really aren't that many people. I got there last year at 5am and there were maybe four or five people in line already. At the original launch I went there the night before to possible start camping out and there wasn't a soul in sight. I guess there's benefits to being a tiny little state.

downhillboarder
Jun 22, 2010, 06:39 PM
im alittle worried about the tax free shopping... that might entice people from other states to come

kajoob
Jun 22, 2010, 07:20 PM
im alittle worried about the tax free shopping... that might entice people from other states to come

I've been at every launch - granted the traffic is continuous throughout the day, but the actual nutjobs that get there super early in the morning number fewer than more metropolitan areas. I've gotten there at 5am each time and there's but a handful of people there. You'll be at the front of the line. Arrive whenever you want, but I think you'd be wasting a night's sleep if you got there the night before.

adrianwd
Jun 22, 2010, 07:26 PM
I'll probably get there early so I can be near the front of the line

downhillboarder
Jun 22, 2010, 08:34 PM
oh im definitely not getting there the night before.... maybe like 4:30

bluez3
Jun 23, 2010, 08:56 AM
i need to get 2, but my reservation is only for 1, do you think they will let me get 2 if i am on the pre order line, or should i get on the walkin line?

kajoob
Jun 23, 2010, 11:15 AM
i need to get 2, but my reservation is only for 1, do you think they will let me get 2 if i am on the pre order line, or should i get on the walkin line?

I think the answer to that is to either call them today and ask, or ask when they first open up the doors (because at that point, there will only be one line). In my opinion, I would think you would get in the Walk-In line because that way you can get a walk-in phone (which are of a very limited quantity) AND get your pre-order phone (which will be held for you, no matter what, until the end of the day) at the same time.

dsn112
Jun 23, 2010, 11:49 AM
I think the answer to that is to either call them today and ask, or ask when they first open up the doors (because at that point, there will only be one line). In my opinion, I would think you would get in the Walk-In line because that way you can get a walk-in phone (which are of a very limited quantity) AND get your pre-order phone (which will be held for you, no matter what, until the end of the day) at the same time.

How do you know the walk in are of a very limited quantity?

This is all part of the great apple hype machine. I bet there will be more than anyone thinks, because for the last three launches there has been

kajoob
Jun 23, 2010, 02:54 PM
How do you know the walk in are of a very limited quantity?

This is all part of the great apple hype machine. I bet there will be more than anyone thinks, because for the last three launches there has been

I just meant that walk-in stock is a finite amount whereas if you reserved you're guaranteed to get it. I think the walk-in line is a safer bet if you want two phones and you only reserved one.

iPhone43
Jun 23, 2010, 09:04 PM
Anyone there yet?

bluez3
Jun 23, 2010, 09:05 PM
is anyone camping out there that is online? how bad is the line now?

bluez3
Jun 23, 2010, 09:19 PM
i checked out the place around 6:30pm, there were 4 or 5 people that looked like they were camping out.

Waffleking35
Jun 23, 2010, 09:40 PM
Showing up at 10am for my reserved phone. Hoepfully things will be quiet be then. Good luck everyone!

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 12:09 AM
i checked out the place around 6:30pm, there were 4 or 5 people that looked like they were camping out.

Probably people who couldn't get through apple and didn't preorder in time. Curious as to how many people will be there when i get there in a few hours

ARF900
Jun 24, 2010, 12:14 AM
Im too lazy for all this. Im just gonna call at like 4-5 PM and see if they have any left. If not, ill do the same thing to AT & T next tuesday, if still no joy after that... Im just waiting for July 14th.

jdczar
Jun 24, 2010, 01:58 AM
Anybody know how many people are waiting at christiana mall so far? Pics?

kajoob
Jun 24, 2010, 02:29 AM
Anybody know how many people are waiting at christiana mall so far? Pics?

I drove by earlier and surprisingly saw people waiting so I came early. As of 3:15am, there are about 67 walk-ins and about 18 preorders. There's a couple guys handing out numbers.

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 05:36 AM
The line is ridiculous right now. Luckly I got here at 4 and I'm 20th in the preorder line. The line for walkins extended to macys. It's crazy. Anyone that went. Did anyone find the rent a cop that acts like he is in the military funny?

bluez3
Jun 24, 2010, 06:31 AM
yeh, he is hillarious. number 96 in the walk in line. got here 4:30am. after one of the apple employees took a count on her ipad, she walked past again and said in our general area "you're good". so i am hoping that means they have enough. couldn't see how far past us she went before stopping.

PhoenixMac
Jun 24, 2010, 06:41 AM
any updates?

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 06:57 AM
Got my iPhone 4 and I must say it is amazing. Good luck to everyone else who is getting their phone today. And to everyone in the walk-in line that is outside. I pray for you lol

mcertifieddj
Jun 24, 2010, 07:04 AM
if anyone gets a chance can someone ask if they think they will sell out today?? I would appreciate as well as a ton of others I'm sure! I have mine reserved but not yet shipped of course and was thinking of cancelling the online order and just picking up in store if possible. Last 2 launches I went on launch day both times and they told me they had plenty iphones to last throughout the weekend and when was worrying if they would have enough. Just trying to see if someone could help me out by asking and posting because there not answering the phone when I call.

thanks guys and happy iphoning!! lol

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 07:08 AM
if anyone gets a chance can someone ask if they think they will sell out today?? I would appreciate as well as a ton of others I'm sure! I have mine reserved but not yet shipped of course and was thinking of cancelling the online order and just picking up in store if possible. Last 2 launches I went on launch day both times and they told me they had plenty iphones to last throughout the weekend and when was worrying if they would have enough. Just trying to see if someone could help me out by asking and posting because there not answering the phone when I call.

thanks guys and happy iphoning!! lol

Based on the line. They will most likely sell out

mcertifieddj
Jun 24, 2010, 07:10 AM
I'm just curious because a friend of mine said when he bought his the last launch he was told they recieved close to a thousand phones. Then again this was LAST launch.

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
I'm just curious because a friend of mine said when he bought his the last launch he was told they recieved close to a thousand phones. Then again this was LAST launch.

Haha yea. This launch blows the last launch out the galaxy. I attended both and there is a significant difference. I would post pictures but apparently the iPhone 4 pics size are to big to attach according to MR.

dsn112
Jun 24, 2010, 07:38 AM
This is the first real major overhaul since the original phone. That's why it's nuts. Hopefully I can get one around 11, doubt it though based on these reports

mcertifieddj
Jun 24, 2010, 07:39 AM
I'll just call later in the day and see what they say or just drop by cuz I only live like 10 min from the mall anyway.

bluez3
Jun 24, 2010, 07:44 AM
i was in position 96 and when the apple guys came around with the hold cards, they seemed to be about half way thru the deck for 32gig and 16gig devices. the stack they were holding looked to be the equivalent of 4 decks of playing cards. 52x4=208 for each phone. maybe 100x 32gb and 100x 16gb left. but the line extended way past 200, so im pretty sure they will be gone by the end of today.

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 07:48 AM
The line is definately way past 200. The line wrapped around the halls and took up 3 hallways and then went outside and wrapped around outside towards macy's.

mcertifieddj
Jun 24, 2010, 08:01 AM
Holy ****!! Thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it!

downhillboarder
Jun 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
hey adrianwd, i was the 21st in line so i was right behind you.... and i loved that rent-a-cop, he should have been in Paul Blart. Does your phone do that reception drop thing when it you touch the bottom left side cuz mine does it and im pissed.

yeah that line was ridiculous.

iPhone43
Jun 24, 2010, 08:48 AM
I was in the 20s for pre-orders too. The guy was a freak haha.

At first try, my iPhone didn't do the signal thing, but it seems to have just done it for the first time. No yellow though which is good.

There must have been at least 1000 people outside + inside by 730.

Waffleking35
Jun 24, 2010, 09:17 AM
In reserved line now. Anyone else here.

mark87dotcom
Jun 24, 2010, 09:34 AM
I reserved a phone there that I planned on getting later today after work. But now that I hear about these ridiculous hardware issues, I am going to wait until July. Anyone who gets their phone - please please keep us updated on the yellow tint problem / reception in left hand problem. Maybe I'll pick it up if enough people don't have these problems. Thanks!

downhillboarder
Jun 24, 2010, 09:38 AM
i dont have the yellow screen but i do have the reception problem, just not as bad(i drop down to 3 bars) BUT if you buy a bumper it totally cancels the problem(which means that apple probably knew about the problem and decided to make a bumper)

mark87dotcom
Jun 24, 2010, 09:41 AM
Well, I dont want to have to buy something else to make my iPhone work 100%. I don't think I can justify the $199 for that. Also, are there a lot of bumpers left?

P.S. How are the lines / activation time now?

Thanks for the info! :)

downhillboarder
Jun 24, 2010, 09:43 AM
the lines are long... really really long.... but its very organized and theres a lot of bumpers left, at least a lot of black ones

iPhone43
Jun 24, 2010, 09:47 AM
They only had black bumpers from the start. I picked up one, not sure if I want to use it yet though.

Anyone get one and use it? How's it? Worth it? Pics would be awesome of it too

downhillboarder
Jun 24, 2010, 09:57 AM
i got one it it works pretty good, my only complaint is if you bought the new dock the iphone wont fit in it with the bumper on... i might get pics up later

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 10:15 AM
hey adrianwd, i was the 21st in line so i was right behind you.... and i loved that rent-a-cop, he should have been in Paul Blart. Does your phone do that reception drop thing when it you touch the bottom left side cuz mine does it and im pissed.

yeah that line was ridiculous.

Really. What are the chances. Were you the one with the broken glass on his 3G? Also my phone does not appear to do the reception drop thing. I've tried it several times to make sure and it stays up at 5 bars. I think i got lucky

iPhone43
Jun 24, 2010, 10:18 AM
Mine started out the day being okay, but now does it................ 4.0.1 better come quick and fix this.

Hold the phone in your left hand with your palm in the bottom left, and your thumb on the + - and your fingers wrapped around the other side.

mark87dotcom
Jun 24, 2010, 10:22 AM
hmm.. looks like I'm going to skip on buying it now then. Thank you for the updates everyone :)

downhillboarder
Jun 24, 2010, 10:23 AM
yup that was me, i've had the cracked screen since last july

ur really lucky to have that, im really pissed that mine does it, hopefully apple comes out with a statement about it soon and their plans to fix it

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 10:24 AM
Now with the reception drop thing. Are you really losing signal to where it'd be a drop call/no service or is it really just a software glitch in where you have signal but it shows you don't? I ask because I have read that it's either or and i figured we were a good test area since we have good enough 3G coverage here.

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 10:29 AM
yup that was me, i've had the cracked screen since last july

ur really lucky to have that, im really pissed that mine does it, hopefully apple comes out with a statement about it soon and their plans to fix it

Haha nice. And I have tried to see if I have it and I can verify that I don't have it. I've made several calls and tried my hardest to replicate it and it still shows 5 bars.

downhillboarder
Jun 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
ive read the same thing

i just took the bumper off and tested again and it doesn't do it anymore, it goes down to 4 bars but stops going down..... and earlier it seemed that it was actually signal because my first call would not start if i put my hand on the bottom left corner

update: never mind it still does it

BrentT
Jun 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
Got to the mall at 10:15. There were 30 people ahead of me in the unmarked Reserve line along the right side of the store entrance. After a 30 minute wait I was taken to one person who confirmed my ID, took my credit card, and had me agree to the phone contract. I was then taken to the back of the store to another person for activation, which only took a few seconds. I was on my way by 11:00. Pretty painless.

ARF900
Jun 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
Got to the mall at 10:15. There were 30 people ahead of me in the unmarked Reserve line along the right side of the store entrance. After a 30 minute wait I was taken to one person who confirmed my ID, took my credit card, and had me agree to the phone contract. I was then taken to the back of the store to another person for activation, which only took a few seconds. I was on my way by 11:00. Pretty painless.

How was the regular non-reserve line looking when you left?

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 11:43 AM
I don't know if it was just me because of the guy that helped me out because he seemed like he wasn't entirely sure of what he was doing. But it seemed like they asked for more information and took more steps this time around then it did for me when I got my 3GS on launch.

PhoenixMac
Jun 24, 2010, 01:27 PM

then you must have cut a bunch of people my girlfriend got there at 9 and didnt get through the reserved line til 1pm and was gone from the store by 1:08

bluskool
Jun 24, 2010, 02:15 PM
Anyone have an update from Christiana? Are they sold out yet?

adrianwd
Jun 24, 2010, 02:49 PM
I wonder if there are still a sizable number outside because it looks like it's about to storm it's ass off outside. Man that is going to suck if there are a bunch of people still lined up outside.

kajoob
Jun 24, 2010, 06:34 PM
Anyone have an update from Christiana? Are they sold out yet?

Just called. All that's left is reserved phones.

Martidoll
Jun 24, 2010, 07:49 PM
We never were able to order from Apple nor ATT so we just wanted to see the new phone. I gave up on trying to order it (tried for about fourteen hours on the day of preorder) and figured I would just wait but I still wanted to see it.

We got there tonight about 7 o clock. The line at the actual store (which had moved since I had been there two weeks ago) was about 20 people (These must have been the preorder/reserve or whatever.

But then if you just wanted to browse you had to go about four stores down and stand in a line to wait for a customer service person to escort you through the store. That line had about thirty-forty people waiting give or take. I asked what if you weren't buying. They said that it didn't matter you had to have someone with you to 'explain everything to you.' They said they were letting a few people in about every 15 minutes.

The store had maybe 10 people browsing or up to the counter. The rest were blue shirt Apple help milling about (about 30 of them). :rolleyes: But it is a nice big store now. Too bad they weren't letting but one or two people in at a time.

I did not wait in line. Figured it wasn't worth waiting in line for that long just to browse. Will see it sometime.

BrentT
Jun 24, 2010, 07:49 PM
then you must have cut a bunch of people my girlfriend got there at 9 and didnt get through the reserved line til 1pm and was gone from the store by 1:08

If I cut it was at the direction of an Apple employee who told me to join the line right in front of the Anthropologie store.

dsn112
Jun 24, 2010, 09:49 PM
We never were able to order from Apple nor ATT so we just wanted to see the new phone. I gave up on trying to order it (tried for about fourteen hours on the day of preorder) and figured I would just wait but I still wanted to see it.

We got there tonight about 7 o clock. The line at the actual store (which had moved since I had been there two weeks ago) was about 20 people (These must have been the preorder/reserve or whatever.

But then if you just wanted to browse you had to go about four stores down and stand in a line to wait for a customer service person to escort you through the store. That line had about thirty-forty people waiting give or take. I asked what if you weren't buying. They said that it didn't matter you had to have someone with you to 'explain everything to you.' They said they were letting a few people in about every 15 minutes.

The store had maybe 10 people browsing or up to the counter. The rest were blue shirt Apple help milling about (about 30 of them). :rolleyes: But it is a nice big store now. Too bad they weren't letting but one or two people in at a time.

I did not wait in line. Figured it wasn't worth waiting in line for that long just to browse. Will see it sometime.

Apple was just trying to keep the process moving. Can't be mad when they had over 2000 phones preorderd to go out the door today. I actually got aggravated with a couple of people arguing with the employees about just wanting to look at laptops. The woman stormed up saying you just lost a sale. I mean seriously? You see the line camped out, come back another day people.

End rant

jdczar
Jun 24, 2010, 11:37 PM
Got to the store at 12pm and there was a line all the way back to the new nordstrom that hasnt opened yet just for the reserved and it was longer than the walk-in line, so i stood in line for about 40 minutes just to guage how fast it was moving.

i had to work at 230 and i work on at dover air force base so I had to leave.

I then asked my boss at work if i could go pick up the phone later in the afternoon hoping the line was shorter, he let me go and i got there at about 845 stood in line for about an hour and a half and I got my phone and was out the door by 1030 and went back to work haha

I am just glad I got it and didnt have to camp for tommorrow for all the people that didnt get there preorders
The lady that helped me was very helpful

I was the first and only phone she did that day and she was very helpful. She was queing people all day

overall I am very happy to have my phone and it is perfect no yellow and my phone doesnt do the signal lost thing when holding it.

She said that since it was completely dead out of the box that it was probaly one of the first thousand off the production line.:apple:

Chaos123x
Jun 25, 2010, 02:00 AM
What time does the store open tomorrow? I went last night to check out the line, but they were just stopping walk in's right then.

I heard they sold over 2,000 phones that day.

jdczar
Jun 25, 2010, 02:57 AM
I believe they open back up at 7 or 730 but i would be there right now if I was trying to get one of those phones

Martidoll
Jun 25, 2010, 07:37 AM
Apple was just trying to keep the process moving. Can't be mad when they had over 2000 phones preorderd to go out the door today. I actually got aggravated with a couple of people arguing with the employees about just wanting to look at laptops. The woman stormed up saying you just lost a sale. I mean seriously? You see the line camped out, come back another day people.

End rant

I did not say I was mad. I just said I didn't want to wait. I did not argue with her, I was pleasant and even complimented her on the move to the bigger store. She was very nice to me. I just said I didn't want to wait. ;)

I was simply pointing out the fact that the store was seriously empty save for a lot of workers standing around. There were maybe five-eight customers in there being led around shown the products. I have been there for the iPad launch and that was a mad house and they let everyone in at once to look so I do see their reasoning. I just think there was a middle ground where they could let a few more people in at a time. I mean the aisles were wide open.

Just wanted to let you know the situation there. I won't be going back until the storm is over a bit. :D And yes that is ridiculous that someone was fussing cause they wanted to buy a computer that day. What do they live in a bubble?

danbrumit
Jun 25, 2010, 08:32 AM
The line is ridiculous right now. Luckly I got here at 4 and I'm 20th in the preorder line. The line for walkins extended to macys. It's crazy. Anyone that went. Did anyone find the rent a cop that acts like he is in the military funny?

He was a trip...Bart the mall cop...just get that man a segway! :) I was number 27 in pre-order. But they would only let me get one phone. My wife was number 92 in walkin...she got hers at 11:30.

Chaos123x
Jun 25, 2010, 03:18 PM
Got to the mall around 7:30 today (friday 25th) and waited in line till they opened at 8:00. A few minutes later I walked out with 2 new shiny iPhones, without a reserve or anything. It was quite a painless process and quick too.

After that I went to the Best Buy on kirkwood highway and bought a case and screen protectors. They a pretty good selection left.

Didn't stop at the Christiana Best Buy though.

bluskool
Jun 25, 2010, 04:02 PM
I just called and they are out for the day. She said they get shipments everyday except Sunday, so I guess I will head up there tomorrow morning. It would really suck if they don't get any in since it is an hour and a half drive from here. But it's the closest Apple store around, so I guess it looks like it is the only choice I have if I want to get one this weekend (and I do :D).

adrianwd
Jun 25, 2010, 05:36 PM
I just called and they are out for the day. She said they get shipments everyday except Sunday, so I guess I will head up there tomorrow morning. It would really suck if they don't get any in since it is an hour and a half drive from here. But it's the closest Apple store around, so I guess it looks like it is the only choice I have if I want to get one this weekend (and I do :D).

Man that really sucks. What do you live in Milford or somewhere even farther down than dover lol

jsfpa
Jun 25, 2010, 08:15 PM

I guess the question is what time do they get them in or do they hold the ones from the delivery the day before?

mcertifieddj
Jun 25, 2010, 09:09 PM
Thats a good question, I used to work at the concord mall and most store shipments would be there early in the morning, at least most of them anyway. So they probably hold some from the previous shipment expecting more the next day and that way if they don't get them the next day they at least have some to sell from the day before. By the way I'll be there tomorrow morning too, I went by today and was told there getting them everyday except sundays as well. When on the phone today they say they have a priority list to put people on where they will call you when there in stock but its only for if you show up in store to sign it. Just passing this on.

bluskool
Jun 25, 2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah, further than Dover. I'm in Seaford. I didn't think to ask what time. I assumed it would be in the morning. Well, it's too late to call now.

bluskool
Jun 25, 2010, 09:58 PM
Thats a good question, I used to work at the concord mall and most store shipments would be there early in the morning, at least most of them anyway. So they probably hold some from the previous shipment expecting more the next day and that way if they don't get them the next day they at least have some to sell from the day before. By the way I'll be there tomorrow morning too, I went by today and was told there getting them everyday except sundays as well. When on the phone today they say they have a priority list to put people on where they will call you when there in stock but its only for if you show up in store to sign it. Just passing this on.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they opening at 10 tomorrow? What time are you going?

mcertifieddj
Jun 25, 2010, 11:19 PM
they dont have any special time listed for tomorow so it's probably the normal 10AM time.

mcertifieddj
Jun 26, 2010, 11:05 AM
I got mine today! I got THE LAST ONE!! At first they called out and were saying 16,32,16,32 going down the line of about 12 people and I was 12! I wanted a 16 and didn't have a choice but to get a 32!! I didn't think I could afford the 32 cuz my paycheck hadn't cleared yet but it was my lucky day. Someone apparently didnt want a 16 and wanted a 32 so I switched and was the last to walk out with the last iPhone4. The guy told me to open the last box and I swear I thought all eyes were on me like everyone knew it was the last one. Once in the store I was out in 8 minutes. Apparently they didn't get a new shipment in today, it was some left over from their first shipment so apparently they hold onto some each night for the next day. For anyone that wants one you HAVE to go in-store to get on the reservation list. I heard them telling others this and once on the list they will contact you when you can come get one thru email.

bluskool
Jun 28, 2010, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I walked up too late and missed it. I was driving home and kicking myself for not getting up earlier, but then Radio Shack called and said they had the phone I reserve, so I ended up getting it anyway. It just sucks to know I could have slept in, not driven 3 hours and still got the phone. Oh well, the excitement of getting the phone trumped any frustration I had about the long drive.

jsfpa
Jul 3, 2010, 07:11 AM
Does anybody know f they are still getting them in for walk ins or just for people that have reserved them.

Martidoll
Jul 3, 2010, 07:35 AM
And it looks like they are just getting them in for reserves. Not busy at all there. I have been on the list since last Saturday so a week now. No email (Except the first one saying I am on the list). :(

They had none in stock yesterday and noone really in line at all so I don't think they have any for walkins but they didn't tell me when they were (if they knew) getting more. I assume now not till after the holiday. If you aren't on the list you should get on it, go there and they put you on right there (You sign into your itunes account on one of their computers). A lot of people probably have gotten them at ATT so the list might (HA) be dwindling. That is what I keep tellin myself.

Starting to think about a 32 g 3Gs the longer I wait......sigh....

Updated!:
I JUST SUBMITTED THIS and JUST got my email after I did! Happy Dance. So it took a week for me to get an email!!

jsfpa
Jul 3, 2010, 07:49 AM
Updated!:
I JUST SUBMITTED THIS and JUST got my email after I did! Happy Dance. So it took a week for me to get an email!!

Congratulations! Now go get it!

dsn112
Jul 3, 2010, 09:21 PM
I got my ip4 replaced at Christiana yesterday with a brand new phone. They told me they have a reserved stock of new phones for replacements, but not for walk-in buyers yet