PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Fashion Center - Chandler, AZ

icurnvs
Jun 18, 2010, 07:17 PM
I reserved mine, but don't get off work until 3pm that day. Hopefully the preorder line isn't too bad!

jaykk
Jun 18, 2010, 07:19 PM
I reserved one as well. But I have to go to work at 9am. Hopefully, the line won't be that long, and can get out of there early.

michelleeris
Jun 18, 2010, 07:27 PM
I plan to be there at about 5 am. (Being retired does have a few perks.)

The store is supposed to open at 7 am.

The San Tan Village store is closer to my home, but I don't want to wait outside.

mpweiss
Jun 18, 2010, 07:29 PM
Which door are you going to line up at? Nordstroms/Wildflower?

letswastetime
Jun 18, 2010, 08:15 PM
just found out i wont be working that day! :) i reserved mine so im not sure when im gonna head over there....but since i cant wait all day ill probably head over there sometime in the early AM. :D

im glad i opted for this apple store instead of scottsdale...waiting outside in this 105 degree heat might be torture! lol :p

kugino
Jun 18, 2010, 08:53 PM
i got there around 5am last year for the 3GS and was first in line...might be earlier this year w/increased demand. they let us in early last year and i was home by 7-ish.

will be at the ala moana store this year, but have fun!

AzStatePolice
Jun 19, 2010, 01:05 AM
Ill be there as well around 4-5 a.m. I have one on reserve but want to beat the lines. Hope they dont give me a hard time for using cash too. Ill just be buying one outright without contract for the $599. Anyone know what time the doors actually open to the mall to let the walkers in?

kugino
Jun 19, 2010, 04:57 AM
Ill be there as well around 4-5 a.m. I have one on reserve but want to beat the lines. Hope they dont give me a hard time for using cash too. Ill just be buying one outright without contract for the $599. Anyone know what time the doors actually open to the mall to let the walkers in?

security guard let me in at 5am when i got there last year. he asked me if i was there for the iphone...so they're aware of apple crazies getting there early ;)

jaykk
Jun 19, 2010, 11:47 AM
security guard let me in at 5am when i got there last year. he asked me if i was there for the iphone...so they're aware of apple crazies getting there early ;)

Thats good news. I am not going that early though, since I have a reservation, I am going around 6:30am, hopefully reservation line will be shorter.

I am totally surprised about the demand for iPhone 4 though, except for the front facing camera, nothing else stands out as a "must" have for common consumers. I guess people tired of waiting for a Verizon iPhone and decided to finally jump the ship.

JPark
Jun 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
Thats good news. I am not going that early though, since I have a reservation, I am going around 6:30am, hopefully reservation line will be shorter.

I am totally surprised about the demand for iPhone 4 though, except for the front facing camera, nothing else stands out as a "must" have for common consumers. I guess people tired of waiting for a Verizon iPhone and decided to finally jump the ship.

I'm on the 3G right now. I expect a lot of upgraders are on the 3G ore the original iPhone and are just ready for an upgrade. Personally I'm most excited about more speed, more RAM and more space.

azentropy
Jun 20, 2010, 09:11 AM
I have a 32gb Black reserved, but can't make it there early due to a meeting. Trying to decide wether to head over after (get there at ~8am) and chance that I'm out of there in a couple of hours, or wait until my late morning meeting (would get there ~11am).

This will be replacing a 16gb White 3G.

icurnvs
Jun 22, 2010, 10:07 AM

I know they received a lot of backlash over the iPad no-cash policy, but just an FYI. I tried to buy an iPad w/ 3g on launch day with cash and they wouldn't let me. But again, they flip-flopped on that policy a couple weeks later so hopefully that applies to the iPhone 4.

icurnvs
Jun 22, 2010, 10:14 AM
Also, I got my reminder email from Apple yesterday laying out exactly how things will work on Thursday. I haven't been in a preorder situation(I stood in the sole line for the 3g @ the Biltmore), so I'm not sure how much quicker the preorder line moves. Anyone have any ideas?

xmax21
Jun 23, 2010, 01:50 AM
So does anyone know where the line was form last year? By which store?

michelleeris
Jun 23, 2010, 08:30 AM
I'm on the 3G right now. I expect a lot of upgraders are on the 3G ore the original iPhone and are just ready for an upgrade. Personally I'm most excited about more speed, more RAM and more space.

That's the reason I'm getting it. I skipped the 3GS last year, but the increase from the 3G is compelling enough to upgrade.

michelleeris
Jun 23, 2010, 08:33 AM
So does anyone know where the line was form last year? By which store?

I don't know about last year, but in 2007 and 2008, the line started right at the Apple Store, and extended towards Nordys and then around the corner to the exit. I don't know whether it actually went past the exit and onto the sidewalk, though.

xmax21
Jun 23, 2010, 10:26 AM
I don't know about last year, but in 2007 and 2008, the line started right at the Apple Store, and extended towards Nordys and then around the corner to the exit. I don't know whether it actually went past the exit and onto the sidewalk, though.

What if your planning on stay overnight? Do they let you in the mall to wait by the Apple Store or do you wait outside?:confused:

jaykk
Jun 24, 2010, 01:35 AM
Any update from this store? I am planning to go early tomorrow..may be 5am. I have one already reserved.

kugino
Jun 24, 2010, 01:51 AM
last year the line was at the apple store. they had line lanes set up and had water for us. i got to the mall around 5am and the security guard let me in then. i don't know if they'll let people in earlier.

What if your planning on stay overnight? Do they let you in the mall to wait by the Apple Store or do you wait outside?:confused:
i don't know if they'll let you stay overnight...at least not inside. they might not want you to sleep by the doors either ;)

Qoile
Jun 24, 2010, 08:35 AM
Over 300 here at the mall, separate lines for reserved and non-reserved

icurnvs
Jun 24, 2010, 09:13 AM
Yikes! Hopefully my reserved one is still there when I get there today!

azentropy
Jun 24, 2010, 09:14 AM
Over 300 here at the mall, separate lines for reserved and non-reserved

Which line is bigger???

I have one reserved, but trying to decide wether to go over now or wait a few hours. I had an early meeting this AM so couldn't get there early. Have another at 10 and a third at 1 that i have to be there for...

Qoile
Jun 24, 2010, 09:29 AM
Reserved is moving at a moderate pace. It is definitely the shorter of the two lines. As long as your reserved you should be good. Apple guys have been confirming. However, would suck to not have a reserve, there is definitely not enough to go around, and the line for those people alone is over 300 deep!

lisster
Jun 24, 2010, 09:48 AM
I just came from there, the reserver/walk in lines get seperated INSIDE the mall.
and you can't just get in the mall yet.

The apple staff told me at the moment (until the mall opens) EVERYONE has to stand in the long ass line outside until you get inside and then it gets split.
He said since i had one reserved to just come back later and you can just enter the mall and get in the reserved line.
He saw no problems in me getting it later

Qoile
Jun 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

They've been letting people line up inside since at least 5am, that's when I showed up...

Toneman82
Jun 24, 2010, 10:47 AM
Good news: the line was moved inside so don't have to bake.

Bad news: it hasn't moved in over 30 minutes. Waiting for more stock? I hope not.

jaykk
Jun 24, 2010, 11:00 AM
Good news: the line was moved inside so don't have to bake.

Bad news: it hasn't moved in over 30 minutes. Waiting for more stock? I hope not.

I decided to check out during the lunch time or later in the evening (for the reserved one).

icurnvs
Jun 24, 2010, 01:52 PM
Any line updates for this store? Specifically, if I have a reservation, does anyone know if I'm guaranteed one as long as I get there before closing? Currently, I'll be heading there at about 2:30 today and am hoping my reservation is still good.

azentropy
Jun 24, 2010, 02:48 PM
Any line updates for this store? Specifically, if I have a reservation, does anyone know if I'm guaranteed one as long as I get there before closing? Currently, I'll be heading there at about 2:30 today and am hoping my reservation is still good.

Reservation is supposed to be good all day. When I finally got in, after 4+ hours, it only took about 5 minutes for them to process me. Not sure why it seems to take everyone so long! In fact as I was walking out they were just letting in the couple that was right behind me!

Just get the phone, get it activated and get out of there... Or at least their should be a third line for people who have one reserved and who just want to to that and don't need any other assistance!

jaykk
Jun 24, 2010, 03:54 PM
Couldn't go during the lunch, will be in a meeting till 3:00pm. Please update if reservation lines are moving fast.

icurnvs
Jun 24, 2010, 05:55 PM
In line now. I got here about 20 mins ago and they've said the wait was an hour. I've only moved about 10 feet so far so it may still be another hour. I imagine things will start getting busier here soon as people get off work. They sold out of nonreserved phones long ago so all reserved people should be good.

jaykk
Jun 24, 2010, 10:06 PM
The wait is around 1hr now. Came here at 7:15pm. Still around 10 people infront of me.

Edit: finally got one, after an hour , but not happy with signal drop issue.. oh well..

dailo
Jun 25, 2010, 04:19 PM
Anyone know what the line looks like or did they sell out?

fastblack
Jun 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
There is no line now, pretty sure they sold out. Got mine yesterday, just trying to get a damn bumper.