PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Modest,CA?

deadworlds
Jun 18, 2010, 07:18 PM
Just Wondering if anyone in Modesto,CA Will be camping out at the ATT Store or the Apple Store at The Vintage Faire Mall.

Jill1228
Jun 18, 2010, 08:42 PM
Just Wondering if anyone in Modesto,CA Will be camping out at the ATT Store or the Apple Store at The Vintage Faire Mall.

I was just in Modesto earlier today and was wondering if there were gonna be some campers at the Apple Store :) :apple:

je3us86
Jun 18, 2010, 09:25 PM
+ 1 for the apple store. I wonder how early i have to start?

Lloyd50
Jun 19, 2010, 12:24 AM
Im in Turlock ca and and plan to come up to the Modesto store at 5am

btd0655
Jun 19, 2010, 01:01 AM
I pre ordered two 16gb iphone 4's at Riverbanks best buy, one black one white, but they seemed really unorganized over there so just in case, i reserved one at Apple as well. I was the first person at Best Buy in riverbank to pre order.... come to find out about this whole "white" iphone scandal my brother is settling for a black one so he doesnt have to wait for the white. So i know i will at least be getting the black on, fingers crossed on the white one but who knows. Best Buys "agenda" for launch day is that they will call a day before and schedule you an appointment on launch day that works best around your schedule to pick up your phone(s). My plan, for the experience and so i can get the bumper case as i doubt best buy will have them is get to the Apple Store Vintage Faire around 4 am (but first around midnight wednesday imma drive by and check it out) and wait in the "Pre-Order/Reserve" Line (as there will be two lines, one for pre order/reserve and one for walk in like they did last year. Get in fairly close to 7am... get my 16gb black iphone 4, then rush over to best buy in riverbank and hope for my brothers white one to be there, if not i will get the black one for him but keep my white pre order in case it comes within 30 days of getting black so he can just swap it out. Hopefully the plan goes smoothly, i think it will. For 3gs launch last year i was third in line at AT&T on mchenry. got there at 5 am, by 7 there were 50+. Third person in, first person out. :D im excited about this phone!!! cant wait, see you guys at apple bright n early on the 24.

:apple: MacBook Pro 13' Unibody:apple:
:apple: iPhone 3GS 16GB Black:apple:
:apple: iPhone 4 16GB Black (soon):apple:

hessaire
Jun 19, 2010, 02:13 AM
I will be at the Modesto Apple store on Thursday, but I don't know about 'camping out'. That would be fun but my husband and one year old would never go for it! :rolleyes:

btd0655
Jun 19, 2010, 10:55 AM
Did anyone pre-order the 16gb iPhone 4?? If so how much did it come to with tax? I forget how much it was last summer for 3gs with the based on th retail $599 value of the phone. Thats so stupid they can charge us like $50-60 bucks extra. I leave for Texas in the afternoon on launch day and if I would have remembered about the extra tax here I woulda waited til I got to Texas haha. But it looks like I would have been waiting a while since they sold so quickly! I just want my phone now!!!!!!!

:apple: MacBook Pro 13" unibody:apple:
:apple: iPhone 3GS 16GB Black:apple:
:apple: iPhone 4 16GB Black (soon):apple:

Jill1228
Jun 19, 2010, 11:17 AM
Modesto sales tax is 8.375%
hope this helps

btd0655
Jun 19, 2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks you for you help jill, but apparently Cali as well as a few other states charge tax not based on the sale/upgrade price, but they charge it based off the retail value of the phone. I found my reciept from last summer when i purchased the 16gb iphone 3gs and it says phone: $199.00 plus tax at 0%: $50.17 so that puts the phone with tax (full retail value tax) at $249.17. I dont know about you guys but that extra $30 bucks sounds like a nice case to protect my phone. oh well. not much that can be done

:apple:MacBook Pro 13" Unibody:apple:
:apple:iPhone 3GS 16GB Black:apple:
:apple:iPhone 4 16GB Black (Soon):apple:

je3us86
Jun 20, 2010, 01:06 PM
ehhh... whatever. We're doing our part in helping the state recover....LOL!!!:confused:

H MONEY
Jun 20, 2010, 09:05 PM
I plan on camping out. I'm not sure what time I'll be there though.

koilvr
Jun 21, 2010, 01:44 AM
there's a best buy in riverbank?

btd0655
Jun 21, 2010, 02:10 AM
there's a best buy in riverbank?

yeah there is... by target, that new savemart, and home depot.

koilvr
Jun 22, 2010, 09:27 AM
yeah there is... by target, that new savemart, and home depot.

I remember when riverbank had nothing, Damn I have not been in modesto since 1996

almightykingms
Jun 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
So any ideas on how many people are we expecting to see at the Modesto Apple Store?

deadworlds
Jun 23, 2010, 04:08 AM
I Guess i'll be going to the apple store now that ATT isnt going to have walkins on launch day, which is pretty ratarded.

xanadeath
Jun 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
I might be staying the night in front of Vintage Faire, so long as there are other people there too. I'm 15.. so... yeh. If I do my mom will come in the morning round 7 or 8 or whatever and pay for the phone. Originally I fell in love with the white one, but now since we have no idea when that's coming out I might go ahead and get black. Still deciding though... not sure how long I want to wait for white. Anyone else here going to go to Vintage Faire tonight and stay till tomorrow morning?

Xanadeath

xanadeath
Jun 23, 2010, 12:55 PM
Bump? :p

Xanadeath

xanadeath
Jun 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
Oh come on......

Lloyd50
Jun 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
I plan to show up at 4or5 am. I don't think Modesto will have that many campers

xanadeath
Jun 23, 2010, 01:19 PM
I plan to show up at 4or5 am. I don't think Modesto will have that many campers

Darnit i'm gunna go by the store tonight and see if there's people who are going to wait out during the night.. if there are i'll stay.. if not.... i'm not sure how happy my mom will be getting up at 3 or 4 int he morning :p.

Xanadeath

deadworlds
Jun 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
I will probably be driving past Vintage Faire Mall every couple hours as it nears closer to mid night, If there are people there ill get in line then. If not ill probably just go out at 3AM.

xanadeath
Jun 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
I will probably be driving past Vintage Faire Mall every couple hours as it nears closer to mid night, If there are people there ill get in line then. If not ill probably just go out at 3AM.

Maybe i'll see u there then :p ..... still on the edge about white.... coming out late july... *sigh* .. a month or tomorrow... freaking darnit....

Xanadeath

Lloyd50
Jun 23, 2010, 03:18 PM
Sweet! I'll see you guys there!

Lloyd50
Jun 23, 2010, 05:54 PM
There's a pretty long line at the Modesto apple store

xanadeath
Jun 23, 2010, 06:10 PM
There's a pretty long line at the Modesto apple store

LYKE OMG AHHHHHHH HOW MANY FREAKING PEOPLE GRRRR RAWR HOW MANY?!?!?!?!?!

Xanadeath

deadworlds
Jun 23, 2010, 06:18 PM
Yea just drove by the apple store. I would say there are about 20-40 people in line. I also saw a big ups trailer in the Parking lot, I wonder if iPhones are in there.

geekgurl23
Jun 23, 2010, 06:37 PM
okay wait...i already have mine reserved...is the line THAT long?

deadworlds
Jun 23, 2010, 07:13 PM
I passed by again... I overestimated it a bit. There is only about twenty or so people. My bad.

skyline2k7
Jun 23, 2010, 07:17 PM
are people camping out for the preorders? or for the walk ins? because i have a preorder and dont know if i should camp out or not.

H MONEY
Jun 23, 2010, 08:37 PM
I am currently in line at the apple store at vintage faire. There is a very loooonnnggg line for non preorder. Apple says it has enought o cover the line as it stands now, but wouldnt tell me if they had any left over. I have mine preordered and planning on being here all night. there is no one else in the preorder line besides me.

xanadeath
Jun 23, 2010, 09:08 PM
I am currently in line at the apple store at vintage faire. There is a very loooonnnggg line for non preorder. Apple says it has enought o cover the line as it stands now, but wouldnt tell me if they had any left over. I have mine preordered and planning on being here all night. there is no one else in the preorder line besides me.

I'm in line too lyke zomg it looks like im gunna be able to get my 32 gb yeeee!!! :) :) :) ...... i'm the 15 year old nerd more towards the back :p on my MacBook....

Xanadeath

deadworlds
Jun 23, 2010, 11:13 PM
Paintiently waiting in line for the next 10 hrs :(

xanadeath
Jun 24, 2010, 12:14 AM
Paintiently waiting in line for the next 10 hrs :(

8 hours and 45 minutes till opening!

Xanadeath

Daver415
Jun 24, 2010, 06:45 AM
how is the reserve line looking now? will getting there around 6 be too late? LOL