PDA

View Full Version : San Tan Village store, Gilbert, AZ

michelleeris
Jun 18, 2010, 07:35 PM
Anyone going there? It's the closest to my home, but I opted for Chandler Fashion Center, because it's indoors in a mall. San Tan Village is outdoors.

chapeth
Jun 18, 2010, 09:58 PM
I'm planning on going to San Tan... I wasn't able to pre-order, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get a 32 gig (black or white is fine)... I wonder how early I should get there? Anyone else?

dontwalkhand
Jun 18, 2010, 10:01 PM
Going to San Tan, picking up an iPhone 4 16GB, simple black. Not sure if I want to get the 32, or the 16, also, I may also end up purchasing it full outright if I don't pass the credit check. My reason for choosing San Tan is because thats where the other two iPhones last came from, as well as my iMac and MacBook :)

I purchased the iPad at Chandler Fashion however, because it was on the way home from work on the 101.

Also hoping to score a few 3GS' used from the line as well :).

JPark
Jun 19, 2010, 02:39 AM
I'm debating it, but when the time comes I expect I'll probably be there. I flaked on the pre-order. For some reason I didn't think they'd sell out the first shipment in half a day. My mistake.

I was hoping to show up at 4:30am and just watch the World Cup game while I waited. Unfortunately the last of the 4:30am games is two days earlier. Poor planning all around. :(

BLakoutt
Jun 19, 2010, 05:34 AM
yeah i talked to i guy that works at the santan apple store he said that he's not sure how many there getting and if u want to make sure u go home with an iPhone 4 be there before 5:30am...i don't think there gonna have the white ones on release day.....if u go draw a red X on ur hand to show ur from this site!:eek:

jaykk
Jun 19, 2010, 11:49 AM
if u go draw a red X on ur hand to show ur from this site!:eek:

Thats a great idea. I will be at the Chandler Fashion Center though.

JPark
Jun 19, 2010, 02:08 PM
yeah i talked to i guy that works at the santan apple store he said that he's not sure how many there getting and if u want to make sure u go home with an iPhone 4 be there before 5:30am...i don't think there gonna have the white ones on release day.....if u go draw a red X on ur hand to show ur from this site!:eek:

I thought it was a single rose in a book. :D

BLakoutt
Jun 20, 2010, 02:18 AM
yeah it is hahaha but for us its red x's! hahaha:D

YesitsaniPhone4
Jun 20, 2010, 09:54 PM
I have the 32 gig on reserve (I used the Apple Store App) so I should have one to pick up Thursday. Hoping to arrive before 6 am and be done by 9 am perhaps? My understanding is the store opens at 7 am. I'm bringing a lawn chair just in case the line is crazy long.

abev
Jun 21, 2010, 12:21 AM
I also used the Apple Store app (before they shut it down) to reserve a 16. I did not receive a confirmation E-mail. I am a little bit concerned that I may be in for a disappointing day. I should call the store and see what they say.

YesitsaniPhone4
Jun 21, 2010, 01:09 AM
I went back looking for my confirmation email, and found it, but the first part of the disclaimer at the bottom in small print was a bit troublesome: "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis...."

I'm sure Apple's attorneys drafted this legalese to protect Apple in the possible event that a reserved phone ends up missing for one reason or another. However, so as to minimize my chances of loosing it (i.e., opportunity to purchase the iPhone Thursday), I may be showing up at 10 or 11 pm Wednesday evening with a lawn chair, snacks and a diet Coke.

abev
Jun 21, 2010, 02:37 AM
I did this a few years ago when the Wii first came out. It was the last shipment before Christmas. Sitting outside in Gilbert in the winter was not as bad as it could have been, but it was fun. People were cool even thought there were only 9 to be had.

What will you all do with your 3G or 3GS Phones? I have been toying with the idea of handing it down to my daughter (9yr old). She has been asking for a Phone for 3 years. She does not need one but I may just JB my 8Gig 3G and give it to her (Iím a sucker, I love the kid). For $9 bucks she has an IPhone. I would however turn off the 3g and edge network.

dontwalkhand
Jun 21, 2010, 08:44 AM
What will you all do with your 3G or 3GS Phones?

Probably as an iPod for my car, or giving it to my mom. Depending on whether she wants an iPhone or not.

YesitsaniPhone4
Jun 21, 2010, 09:40 AM
What will you all do with your 3G or 3GS Phones? I have been toying with the idea of handing it down to my daughter (9yr old). She has been asking for a Phone for 3 years. She does not need one but I may just JB my 8Gig 3G and give it to her (I’m a sucker, I love the kid). For $9 bucks she has an IPhone. I would however turn off the 3g and edge network.

I thought about doing this--my 10 and 7 year old boys are begging me to give it to them, but I need some money to offset my new purchase (regardless, they'll still get to use my new iphone anyway). cashforiphones.com is offering me $110 for my 8 gig iPhone 3G. However, there I'm not certain I'll get that amount because it has a crack in the back casing coming up from where the charger connects.

mcglry
Jun 21, 2010, 11:00 AM
I am going to be at SanTan its closer to my house. Its an outdoor mall but its not that hot in Arizona yet, especially when your there at 4 or 5am. I am hoping to get an :apple: iPhone 4 Black 32GB.

raw4481
Jun 22, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hey guys, decided to dive in and purchase an IPHONE this year. I held back knowing the new release for the IP4 but ended up missing out on the pre-order last week. Planning on jumping in line opening day this Thursday. Never done this before, standing in line for a tech thing, but hey you to to once in your life.

So what's the recommended time? I'll be going to the San Tan location. I'm thinking 5:30 should be more than enough time...or am i just being naive about the whole thing?

Also...

Have you guys heard anything from the San Tan location, if they plan on having extra IP4 for walk in purchases?

Thanks for the info...
:confused:

beam27
Jun 22, 2010, 02:18 PM
I was also planning on heading over about 5:30. My wife called the SanTan store yesterday to get some details. Said they didn't know exactly how many they would have, but that all Apple Stores were for sure getting some units for walk-ins. They said they are doing it in two separate lines, one for pre-order pickups, and one for walk-ins. Guess I'll see you guys there on Thursday :)

JPark
Jun 22, 2010, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, decided to dive in and purchase an IPHONE this year. I held back knowing the new release for the IP4 but ended up missing out on the pre-order last week. Planning on jumping in line opening day this Thursday. Never done this before, standing in line for a tech thing, but hey you to to once in your life.

So what's the recommended time? I'll be going to the San Tan location. I'm thinking 5:30 should be more than enough time...or am i just being naive about the whole thing?

Also...

Have you guys heard anything from the San Tan location, if they plan on having extra IP4 for walk in purchases?

Thanks for the info...
:confused:

I went by the store last night and they said they'd have some for walk ins. I wouldn't say 5:30 is more than enough time, but I also wouldn't say it's way too late. You really can't tell with this sort of thing until it happens.

Blake480
Jun 23, 2010, 08:38 AM
I was originally planning to be there at 5. Really wishing I would have been more patient, and just had it shipped to my home :). This will be my first "waiting in line for a tech gadget" experience. But I'm also excited.

Anyone else having problems getting a straight answer about picking up other phones for people on their family plan? I am upgrading 4 of the lines on my family plan, and I am the main account holder. Some people I have talked to say no problem. Others say no way. Only 2 phones per person. All 4 phones have reservations. I guess we will see.

I plan on bringinga chair. My iPad. And lots of fiber one bars!

dontwalkhand
Jun 23, 2010, 08:54 AM
They said they are doing it in two separate lines, one for pre-order pickups, and one for walk-ins. Guess I'll see you guys there on Thursday :)

This is how they did it for both the iPhone 3G and the 3GS. We all went home with iPhones both times getting there at 9AM even :)

Champrandall
Jun 23, 2010, 12:58 PM
I reserved my 32 iPhone and got a confirmation email but when I called the store to check on my status, I was not in their system. They are still putting me in the reserved line, but I am getting to the store at 3 am, just to be safe. Are there any bars near the store open until 2 and then I could just walk over to the Apple store after bar close? I will put a red X on my hand and I will see some of you there hopefully. The weather should be great, the US just won and we will all have our iPhone 4 in less than 24 hours!

BLakoutt
Jun 23, 2010, 03:17 PM
The only thing there that is blue wasabi I'm not sure how long they r open for.

MightyB
Jun 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
The only thing there that is blue wasabi I'm not sure how long they r open for.

There is actually The Keg, Gordan Birsh, Kona Grille and a mexican place I can't remember. I don't think any are open much past midnight.

abev
Jun 23, 2010, 08:42 PM
Drove by San Tan after a Total Wine run. As of 5:20 pm no campers observed. See you all in the am.

beam27
Jun 23, 2010, 08:52 PM
Wife said the same thing after passing by at about 6:30! Hopefully 5:30 am gets it done tomorrow!

JPark
Jun 24, 2010, 12:01 AM
Wife said the same thing after passing by at about 6:30! Hopefully 5:30 am gets it done tomorrow!

Sorry folks, there's a solid 100+ people in line now. I got here at 9:30 and am all the way back to the Gordon Biersch. I can't imagine many more crazy overnight folks showing up though.

LittleRedBird
Jun 24, 2010, 12:08 AM
I'm planning on getting there by 5am (I don't have a reservation). Hoping it works out for all of us! I wonder how busy San Tan will be in comparison to Chandler Mall?

kwarren
Jun 24, 2010, 12:09 AM
I'm here too by the back of the line (at Gordon Biersch now) and this is looking like it might not be worth it.

LittleRedBird
Jun 24, 2010, 12:13 AM
Sorry folks, there's a solid 100+ people in line now. I got here at 9:30 and am all the way back to the Gordon Biersch. I can't imagine many more crazy overnight folks showing up though.

No way!? Oh geez. Scratch my last post. Guess I'm leaving now.

kwarren
Jun 24, 2010, 12:55 AM
Just informed that the walk-in order line is only at like 70 people right now, and you know that not everyone waiting is buying a phone ;)

Champrandall
Jun 24, 2010, 01:25 AM
how does the reserve line look? I was heading out at 3 am, think that will work?

kwarren
Jun 24, 2010, 01:31 AM
Apparently only 20 people in reserved line

jaykk
Jun 24, 2010, 01:33 AM
Just informed that the walk-in order line is only at like 70 people right now, and you know that not everyone waiting is buying a phone ;)

Still 70 is a lot for 4th gen phone :) . I have one reserved at Chandler Fashion Mall though.

LittleRedBird
Jun 24, 2010, 01:53 AM
I wish I had a reservation!

Champrandall
Jun 24, 2010, 03:21 AM
How are the lines now? Anymore people show up in the reserved or first-come line? I will see how things are around 3. Thanks

azmac
Jun 24, 2010, 03:23 AM
Curious what the line is like at San Tan In GIlbert? I went by Chandler Fashion at 6pm was a line about 11 peeps. Can anyone provide any pics if your in line now :)

kwarren
Jun 24, 2010, 03:40 AM
If you know the area, then this is the situation:

Pre-order line: nearly reached Gordon Biersch from the front door of the Apple Store

Walk-ins: I'm at the start of Gordon Biersch, but the line wraps clear around the block and up the other side.

No bathrooms that I know of, though, so this is gonna be a tough night!

My phone battery might die soon, but I'll try to keep you guys updated :)

azmac
Jun 24, 2010, 04:08 AM

Pre-order line: nearly reached Gordon Biersch from the front door of the Apple Store

Walk-ins: I'm at the start of Gordon Biersch, but the line wraps clear around the block and up the other side.

Thanks Kwarren for update. Thats crazy. Hope there is enough Iphone 4 for all of you if 100+. I havent heard of any feed back at CHandler Mall. I think just better to wait. I heard also through forums of flaw to screen of Iphone 4. Lastly, on June 29 At&t will be taking walk ins for IP4 at stores, but I'm sure it will be a limited qty. at all stores. Hit or miss. Good luck in the bathroom situation, dont let the cops see you. GIlbert Cops are idiots.

JPark
Jun 24, 2010, 04:30 AM

Bathrooms are located in the very narrow alley to the north of the store. No, I don't mean just pee in the alley. There's actually a bathroom there.

kwarren
Jun 24, 2010, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the bathroom note! Only 4 more hours!

Champrandall
Jun 24, 2010, 07:07 AM
How is the situation now, 2 hours from opening. More concerned with the reserve line, but have both lines increased quite a bit?

kwarren
Jun 24, 2010, 07:14 AM
Lots and lots of people still arriving for the walk-in line, but the reserve line still hasn't reached me yet. We asked how many they had for walk-in and apparently they were being protected by guards and store employees were unable to even open the cases or anything. I just hope I can get a phone!

Btw, nice to see that the crowd here is very quiet and respectful--i.e. no douchebags blasting music or anything.

MightyB
Jun 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
any updates from anyone in line? How are the two lines?

Champrandall
Jun 24, 2010, 04:36 PM
I just got back from standing in line a little after 7 am (reserve line). It took until about 1:15 for me to get my phone. We were right next to people in the walk-up line that started waiting at 2-3 am. So the reserve line cuts quite a bit of time off. Two important things:

1. If you reserved a phone they WILL hold yours until the end of the business day tonight (9pm)

2. If you get in line anywhere up to or at the latest, 9pm they will stay open until you get in with your phone.

Also, they were awesome, spent tons of money on snacks, water, gatorade, had tents set up (which were hotter than outside in some places), misters and even umbrellas for us to use in line. They were friendly and very knowledgeable and wanted to get you through the line as quick as possible.

Hope this helps the rest of you not in line as of yet

MightyB
Jun 24, 2010, 05:22 PM
I just got back from standing in line a little after 7 am (reserve line). It took until about 1:15 for me to get my phone. We were right next to people in the walk-up line that started waiting at 2-3 am. So the reserve line cuts quite a bit of time off. Two important things:

1. If you reserved a phone they WILL hold yours until the end of the business day tonight (9pm)

2. If you get in line anywhere up to or at the latest, 9pm they will stay open until you get in with your phone.

Also, they were awesome, spent tons of money on snacks, water, gatorade, had tents set up (which were hotter than outside in some places), misters and even umbrellas for us to use in line. They were friendly and very knowledgeable and wanted to get you through the line as quick as possible.

Hope this helps the rest of you not in line as of yet

What seemed to be taking up most of the time? Activation??

azmac
Jun 24, 2010, 07:42 PM
curious did everyone get a phone while in line? the walk ups?

dontwalkhand
Jun 24, 2010, 07:57 PM
curious did everyone get a phone while in line? the walk ups?

I got it, an experience I would NOT want to repeat again, at least at San Tan villiage, being an outdoor mall. Next time, it will be Chandler mall for me. I did meet a few cool people though, and now I have an iPhone 4!

azmac
Jun 24, 2010, 09:35 PM
I got it, an experience I would NOT want to repeat again, at least at San Tan villiage, being an outdoor mall. Next time, it will be Chandler mall for me. I did meet a few cool people though, and now I have an iPhone 4!

What time did you get to San Tan Mall?