PDA

View Full Version : Culver City, CA (AT&T Store)

stagemanagerav
Jun 18, 2010, 07:41 PM
Anyone else going to the AT&T Store in the Culver Center? I was originally planning on getting there at 4:00am, but now I'm thinking I might need to get there earlier.

stagemanagerav
Jun 20, 2010, 01:33 AM
I went into the store today to ask them about how past launches went. They said that last year they had people lining up around midnight, but that people were definitely coming later than that and still getting phones. They recommended 2:00am for a good time to get there.

When asked about how many phones they'd be getting they of course don't know but he said that the first 20 people in line should definitely be safe.

havenhamilton
Jun 20, 2010, 01:35 AM
I went into the store today to ask them about how past launches went. They said that last year they had people lining up around midnight, but that people were definitely coming later than that and still getting phones. They recommended 2:00am for a good time to get there.

When asked about how many phones they'd be getting they of course don't know but he said that the first 20 people in line should definitely be safe.

20 is very very conservative. If it were only 20 they would be sold out at 7:15am

jamabam
Jun 20, 2010, 07:47 AM
20 is very very conservative. If it were only 20 they would be sold out at 7:15am

is it really that conservative though? i mean, the damn phone sold out NATIONALLY in less than 24 hours! and to me, 600k units was a shockingly low number for them to make available. apple didn't seem to expect such a high demand and probably did not order the factories to make so many for launch day. so unless they worked double time and cranked out more this week, i'm afraid there will be a limited supply on all fronts come thursday... :(

stagemanagerav
Jun 20, 2010, 12:21 PM
is it really that conservative though? i mean, the damn phone sold out NATIONALLY in less than 24 hours! and to me, 600k units was a shockingly low number for them to make available. apple didn't seem to expect such a high demand and probably did not order the factories to make so many for launch day. so unless they worked double time and cranked out more this week, i'm afraid there will be a limited supply on all fronts come thursday... :(

Plus since there are a lot more AT&T stores than there are Apple stores, I assume the AT&T stores will have a much smaller stock on hand on Day 1.

havenhamilton
Jun 20, 2010, 12:31 PM

I got my 3g from an at&t store and they had around 80 and this was in Encino so I would think the culver city store would have that many or more.