Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fkntotalkaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
How would I make a patient tracking / history and physical document as a standard document, have it on my ipad so i can fill out or in the necessary stuff and then send file to printer and into patient chart after I sign it?:apple:

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
How would I make a patient tracking / history and physical document as a standard document, have it on my ipad so i can fill out or in the necessary stuff and then send file to printer and into patient chart after I sign it?:apple:

Write a custom native or web application.

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
i guess u can work something out with numbers?
like in the example, create the table on a sheet and then you can create another form wherein you can fill in the details.
i dont have numbers yet to try, but probably one way of doing it.

You can check out bento for ipad also. it has syncing with the mac desktop app!

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Some PDF and printing app that works with PDFs with fillable fields?

iWorks? Make a spreadsheet and lock the non-fillable cells?

fkntotalkaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Some PDF and printing app that works with PDFs with fillable fields?

iWorks? Make a spreadsheet and lock the non-fillable cells?

That is what I was thinking might work, but figured there may be an appication that does this for me for ipad /shrug

i guess u can work something out with numbers?
like in the example, create the table on a sheet and then you can create another form wherein you can fill in the details.
i dont have numbers yet to try, but probably one way of doing it.

You can check out bento for ipad also. it has syncing with the mac desktop app!

bento looks cool, if it will allow me to create my own templates on mac sync and use with ipad

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-19 at 7.36.39 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-19 at 7.36.39 AM.png
    276.4 KB · Views: 206

hazmatzak

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
What's the workflow? Do you already have blank forms in PDF format that you want to use, or would you want to lay out new ones from scratch?

Do you want to save the filled-in forms digitally (so that you can search them, for example) even if they're not signed, or is it only the signed paper copy that matters?

I imagine you could have a single desktop host connected to a printer, that supports one or more iPads. You can modify the forms centrally (perhaps even from an iPad). You can bring up any form on an iPad, and when you're done filling it in, the digital copy gets timestamped and stored centrally, and printed.

You would get the best user experience with a custom app. You might hire it done, and maybe even turn around and sell it on the App Store and make a profit.

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
That is what I was thinking might work, but figured there may be an appication that does this for me for ipad /shrug

bento looks cool, if it will allow me to create my own templates on mac sync and use with ipad

I dont think Bento for ipad supports custom themes!

another option is to use a custom made webapp in the local network or even use Google Docs with the same form funtion and spreadsheets!

tunfried

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
Custom ipad forms

You should check out Cirrus by Archon Apps. I think they have what you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.