PDA

View Full Version : Apple pro mouse DOA, any suggestions?

KevRC4130
Oct 21, 2004, 01:57 PM
Hi guys,
Today I received my Pro Mouse that I bought used on ebay. It doesn't work. When plugged in, the red light on the bottom lights, but the curser doesnt move or click when I use the mouse. I have tried both USB ports and tried restarting my Powerbook, with no luck. I have a small USB travel mouse that works great, so I know it is not the computer, it must be the mouse. This is the model with the little wheel on the bottom of the mouse to change the button pressure, the one with 'Pro Mouse' and not just 'Mouse' written on the bottom. Does anyone know whats wrong or how to fix it?

Thanks!

hotwire132002
Oct 21, 2004, 02:03 PM
Hi guys,
Today I received my Pro Mouse that I bought used on ebay. It doesn't work. When plugged in, the red light on the bottom lights, but the curser doesnt move or click when I use the mouse. I have tried both USB ports and tried restarting my Powerbook, with no luck. I have a small USB travel mouse that works great, so I know it is not the computer, it must be the mouse. This is the model with the little wheel on the bottom of the mouse to change the button pressure, the one with 'Pro Mouse' and not just 'Mouse' written on the bottom. Does anyone know whats wrong or how to fix it?

Thanks!

No idea what could be wrong...did the seller guarentee against DOA? If so, see if they'll take it back. If not... you might be out of luck :( .

KevRC4130
Oct 21, 2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah I talked to the seller, he said he would refund my money, but I really would like to keep it rather than sending it back.

Whats weird is that the mouse and optical light is obviously working, because it lights up, and when you touch it after its been sitting for a few seconds the light gets stronger, just how it is supposed to. Also the cord is working because there is the power to light the light. It's just that for some reason the signal doesn't move the curser.

Elan0204
Oct 21, 2004, 05:03 PM
Do you have another computer you could test the mouse on? You could probably even try plugging it into a public computer at your local library and see if it works. It's a standard USB mouse, so it will work plug and play on any modern Mac or Windows PC.