PDA

View Full Version : Leopard upgrade issue!

macintoshman97
Jun 19, 2010, 03:08 PM
I am upgrading my 1 GHz eMac G4 with 1 gig of RAM now at Tiger 10.4 to Leopard 10.5. Once the Leopard upgrade starts running it asks to restart my computer to enter the installation process. The problem is, I restart the computer and nothing happens, it just turns on again and is at my desktop like normal. There are no installation windows what so ever?:confused:
I have tried restarting to a different account but still nothing happens.:confused:

bizzle
Jun 19, 2010, 05:05 PM
I am upgrading my 1 GHz eMac G4 with 1 gig of RAM now at Tiger 10.4 to Leopard 10.5. Once the Leopard upgrade starts running it asks to restart my computer to enter the installation process. The problem is, I restart the computer and nothing happens, it just turns on again and is at my desktop like normal. There are no installation windows what so ever?:confused:
I have tried restarting to a different account but still nothing happens.:confused:

Power off the computer and hold option as soon as you press the power button, select the install DVD. You should also use the Archive and Install option and make sure you click PRESERVE USERS AND SETTINGS. It's cleaner than an upgrade. Once done, delete previous systems folder.

g3powerbook boy
Jun 19, 2010, 06:07 PM
bizzle = anti obama....

wow i think i found someone who thinks correctly.