View Full Version : how to **** up ur new iMac

Mastif
Oct 21, 2004, 03:52 PM
check out this
http://www.colorwarepc.com/content.aspx?id=34
ughhhhh

edesignuk
Oct 21, 2004, 03:54 PM
WTF are you talking about? If you want a coloured iMac (which people might), then you buy it from them. They don't mod your iMac after the fact :rolleyes:

musicpyrite
Oct 21, 2004, 03:55 PM
I like how they color the iPods, I wouldn't mind a black, or red iPod.

Dont Hurt Me
Oct 21, 2004, 03:56 PM
I like those and anything is better then a ipod looking imac. I mean really were apple nuts clamoring for a computer that looks just like the white ipod??? I sure hope not. Color is one thing that made original iMac a smash hit. Its a improvement on the current model in my ever so humble opinion.

Mastif
Oct 21, 2004, 04:01 PM
i agree, the ipods look cool

but the red and yellow imac?

Kwyjibo
Oct 21, 2004, 04:05 PM
this will sell more imacs ... trendy offices are often color themed, and your paying full price for the imac ....

Their business model is solid too because they're not keeping excess inventory or anything, they just paint em and move em to order ...

I would personally love to have one or two of these on my desk it would grab so much attention.

redbaron
Oct 21, 2004, 04:05 PM
I don't reckon they look too bad - some of the colour options are pretty nauseating though.

PlaceofDis
Oct 21, 2004, 04:06 PM
i love the steel ipod, would match my pb, awesome!

NCTRNL
Oct 21, 2004, 04:07 PM
They charge $400 if you want them to color your Powerbook that you already own... :eek:

munkle
Oct 21, 2004, 04:24 PM
This has already been posted on MacBytes, and personally I think some of the colours look great. You can't tell till you see them in person obviously but it seems high quality, not just a paint spray job.

NCTRNL
Oct 21, 2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah it basically looks powdercoated.

wowser
Oct 21, 2004, 04:30 PM
ya, some colourss look good, but it all rests on how good a job the company have done of it. It is hard to tell the quality of the finish from these pics

Macs R Us
Oct 21, 2004, 04:38 PM
Well... Colors for an iMac, great idea... But it Seems like that idea was already used 2 years ago :rolleyes: ... I don't think a LCD iMac needs color... But... Well its up to the user I gusse...

Dr. Dastardly
Oct 21, 2004, 05:19 PM
They are very high quality paint jobs from what I hear. I have seen a blue Power Book and the paint job is seamless. I don't think I would be able to buy a colored $3000 computer but I could definatly get a steel iPod for about $350.

jeremy.king
Oct 21, 2004, 05:47 PM
And I thought the easiest way was

sudo rm -rf /*

XnavxeMiyyep
Oct 21, 2004, 05:50 PM
Some of those colors (such as the Carbon) looked pretty good. Some of the other ones looked bad. Seems like a good product.

raynegus
Oct 21, 2004, 06:07 PM
How to ****** up your new iMac Part II (http://www.symantec.com/sabu/sysworks/mac/)

Capt Underpants
Oct 21, 2004, 06:15 PM
These guys' paint jobs are flawless. I've seen reviews and pictures (real ones) of their work. TechTV reviewed their iPods a while back. If you search around, I'm betting you can find it on the g4tv site. This is definitely not messing up the iMac.

Apple Hobo
Oct 21, 2004, 07:36 PM
They look pretty nice. However, they should paint the base stand as well.

The high-res pics look awesome. :cool: These definitely don't look like they were done by some sucker in his garage with a can of spray paint. :D

wowser
Oct 21, 2004, 08:01 PM
would be great for a school (albeit a very rich one) to use them to brighten up a classroom, using a mix of colours. Actually, i guess any office / college could do that :)

ijimk
Oct 21, 2004, 08:37 PM
My two favorite colors are the carbon and steel imac. Some colors are a bit tacky for my taste though.

Blue Velvet
Oct 21, 2004, 08:40 PM
I like them.

I had heard that one of the problems with the coloured G3 iMac models is that Apple insisted that retailers bought equal amounts of each colour when certain colours were more popular than others...

thecow
Oct 21, 2004, 09:48 PM
The colored PowerBooks look awesome!! *insert drooling smiley here*

jaw04005
Oct 21, 2004, 09:58 PM
You don't get the Apple Limited warranty or the option of AppleCare though do you? ColorWare warranties the product themselves--Apple should work out something with them in order to keep the original warranty. Apple could just ship it back to ColorWare and have it repainted if something went wrong. Although, with the iMac G5 all the parts are user-installable. So I don't guess Apple would know.

Capt Underpants
Oct 25, 2004, 05:32 PM
Colorware recently added REAL pictures of their iPod paint jobs. It's the same color of paint that they use on the iMacs, so you should be able to get a good bearing on what an iMac is going to look like. Here (http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/customize.aspx?configid=593) is the iPod page. Click on view details to see the real pictures. IMO, they look darn good...