PDA

View Full Version : Airport express

steller
Oct 21, 2004, 05:20 PM
Guys, I was trying to setup my airport express. However, I came across a problem i don't know how to fix. When I was trying to create a new network, after the assistant found my network, I clicked proceed but then it said it couldn't locate my base station. I am wondering what does this mean? and how can i fix it?

Gee
Oct 21, 2004, 05:45 PM
Guys, I was trying to setup my airport express. However, I came across a problem i don't know how to fix. When I was trying to create a new network, after the assistant found my network, I clicked proceed but then it said it couldn't locate my base station. I am wondering what does this mean? and how can i fix it?

I had the same problem. If you have an apple extreme basestation, and want to use the express as a remote (i.e. to make your network bigger), the best thing to do, i found, was to reset the extreme and the express using those little buttons on the back of each, then start from scratch. Set up the extreme without security using the admin utility, set up the express withe the express utility, and then turn on WEP security...

Hope this helps

steller
Oct 21, 2004, 09:00 PM
okay, i fixed part of my problem. Now, I can use my remote speaker but I cannot use my printer. According to the instruction manual, I have to add a printer. However, I cannot do it since the ADD is blank(i cannot click it) since it said i don't have the driver. So does any one know how to change it? I am using a HP 3840 Printer. Thanks

rdowns
Oct 22, 2004, 05:32 AM
Open the PRinter Utility, click the add printer button, pull down menu to Rendezvous and it should see your printer.

steller
Oct 22, 2004, 11:05 AM
yes
that's what i was trying to do
but the thing is when i tried to add it, i couldn't. Because i couldn't click the add button since it was blank and a message shown saying can't find the driver. That's why i can't fix it.