Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Anyone got a good solution for this? I'd like an easy way to get long web articles into iBooks or Goodreader as PDFs for off-line reading. At the moment I paste them into a text file in TextEdit > print to PDF > sync to iPad. Is this possible to do all on the iPad?

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
You might also want to look at Offline Pages, which allows you to save web-pages with all of their formatting intact.

epi117

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2010
Love off line, i use to have to carry around this thick binder of administrative rules while on call, but have them all in my ipad which is sweet

Rengoku

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
Does anyone know if Instapaper or any other app is able to take multiple page articles and merge them into a single page? Currently, I have to click through each web page and send them individually to Instapaper.

metropolitim

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
Does anyone know if Instapaper or any other app is able to take multiple page articles and merge them into a single page? Currently, I have to click through each web page and send them individually to Instapaper.

That's my one and only beef with Instapaper, which is one of my favorite apps. Lives down there in the dock for speediest access.

It pays to look for the "single page" or "view all" link on articles. It's not on all of them, but on more than I thought. Also, the Safari Reader can convert a number of articles into single pages...but I've already seen web developers find ways around this. Still, a very good intermediate step....

Did I mention that Instapaper is one one of my favorite apps? And that I keep it in my dock?

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
instapaper is the best as far as I know. I haven't tried readitlater yet. But come on now how many services do I need to install for the same purpose!

If You want images in them too, you gotta go for readitlater

Instapaper does images too!

That's my one and only beef with Instapaper, which is one of my favorite apps. Lives down there in the dock for speediest access.

It pays to look for the "single page" or "view all" link on articles. It's not on all of them, but on more than I thought. Also, the Safari Reader can convert a number of articles into single pages...but I've already seen web developers find ways around this. Still, a very good intermediate step....

Did I mention that Instapaper is one one of my favorite apps? And that I keep it in my dock?

There is a workaround to it. I use an auto pagination extension like auto pagerise for chrome and just scroll down till I see all the pages of the article. Then click read later, BOOM!!! That's it. Instapaper saves the entire article including all the ‘n’ pages of it including pictures!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.