Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D4L1D4Y

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Hi,

I've seen a guide to installing Neverwinter Nights with the expansion packs (Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark) through CrossOver Games but I can't get my head around the instructions. I'm really quite new to this, so some of the more technical parts are lost on me anyway. Also, the guide I found seemed to be using a different/older version of CrossOver Games and I couldn't find some of the things I apparently needed to use (for example, the option for "Advanced Install" is somehow hiding from me).

Can someone please write an idiot's guide using current versions etc? I love Neverwinter Nights and when I found CrossOver Games I thought I'd finally be able to play it.

Thanks in advance,
Ed.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Hi,

I've seen a guide to installing Neverwinter Nights with the expansion packs (Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark) through CrossOver Games but I can't get my head around the instructions. I'm really quite new to this, so some of the more technical parts are lost on me anyway. Also, the guide I found seemed to be using a different/older version of CrossOver Games and I couldn't find some of the things I apparently needed to use (for example, the option for "Advanced Install" is somehow hiding from me).

Can someone please write an idiot's guide using current versions etc? I love Neverwinter Nights and when I found CrossOver Games I thought I'd finally be able to play it.

Thanks in advance,
Ed.

Hi

This game and expansions are all there in Mac versions, how come your messing with Crossover Games ?

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Hi

This game and expansions are all there in Mac versions, how come your messing with Crossover Games ?

I play NWN1 and NWN2 Windows versions using Wineskin...

NWN1 Mac versions get extremely expensive if you don't own them... and hacking the demo version using the PC stuff is annoying and still a PPC program. It runs fantastic using Wine.

NWN2... well I just like it better under Wine. Full PC version compatible with multiplayer and everything with no issues... and doesn't require a disc in the drive like the Mac version. Trying to patch the mac version and hack in the expansions is a totally hassle, and it doesn't really run any better.

D4L1D4Y

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I play NWN1 and NWN2 Windows versions using Wineskin...

I've never heard of Wineskin, just downloaded it and don't have a clue how to use it! I looked at the manual, but it says any specific guide would be too long, so I'm really quite lost as to how to even start trying to install NWN. How do i get it working?

Thanks for your time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.