Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbonnel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
In a nice place..
What do you all think? Will this work with a Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet model)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14918&item=6714587690&rd=1

From everything I can find, the following specs should work: (from crucials website)

SDRAM, PC133 • CL=3 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 133MHz • 3.3V • 64Meg x 64

The seller says that ones needs to purchase "low density" ram chips for apple computers. (32x8). I am thinking he is trying to "cheat" apple people by spending more on "low density" ram.

What do you think?

Kimo

iBert

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
Search only if that memory has beeen tested on Macs. I ttried Corsair XMS memory on my G5 last week. I thought since that memory has the specs of the G5 memory, that it should work. Then about 5 days later my G5 started to do crazy thing. So i thought it was the memory, changed it back to the original memory. And problems stops, except that it corrupted my hard drive.

So, look around. I'm sure you'll be able to find if that memory has been tested on Macs. If not try to find the brand and call the manufacturer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.