Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DIABLOW

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Which iPod version compatible to use with iPod interface in a mini cooper 2002-2006?

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
any classic or nano should work 100%, the ipod touch or iphone should work but dont quote me 100%

for a car I think i would go for a nano or classic depending how much music you listen to also if it doesnt have integrated controls with the car a nano or classic would be far less dangerous to change tracks than a touch.

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
You may have to get a power converter for the dock cable if you use a newer iPod. Chances are it charges via the FireWire connections, and not over USB.

Basically the newer iPods don't support the old chargers, and you can opt into getting an adapter, Griffin Technology has one .

My current Gen iPod touch works great with my Harman Kardon iPod kit, probably the same framework that you'd be using.

Griffin has discontinued the adapter but if you need one use 'ipod firewire usb converter' in your google and you'll come across some from third parties or other possible solutions. If you don't need it to charge, then you're fine as is. Just play in the car and charge at night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.