PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Cloth

VespR
Oct 22, 2004, 07:38 AM
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a 12" PowerBook SD, and I noticed from some photo's that some people have like a dark grey/black cloth that has the words G4 PowerBook or PowerBook G4, something to that effect. Anyway, I thought that maybe this was something that came with the PowerBook but mine has not. If this is something you can purchase seperately could somebody perhaps give me a link or inform me if Apple no longer do these.

Thanks.

zelmo
Oct 22, 2004, 07:42 AM
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a 12" PowerBook SD, and I noticed from some photo's that some people have like a dark grey/black cloth that has the words G4 PowerBook or PowerBook G4, something to that effect. Anyway, I thought that maybe this was something that came with the PowerBook but mine has not. If this is something you can purchase seperately could somebody perhaps give me a link or inform me if Apple no longer do these.

Thanks.

RadTech ScreensavRz cloth - essential for every 'Book owner. Get one here:

http://www.radtech.us/

I have a cloth for my PB, it keeps the display and exterior clean, and prevents dirt/oil on the keys from marring the display when closed. I also got the PowerSleevz and a PodSleevz, which I highly recommend. (radtech products rock! - and no, I do not work for them :rolleyes: )

VespR
Oct 22, 2004, 07:47 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

hehe, purchasing now. Thanks for the speedy reply!

wPod
Oct 22, 2004, 08:36 AM
ive had my PB for over a year now and have started noticing a bit of a scratch in the middle of the screen (keyboard shaped . . . . it looks suspicious) this cloth you mentioned with get rid of (or at least prevent more of) this problem?

zelmo
Oct 22, 2004, 02:28 PM
ive had my PB for over a year now and have started noticing a bit of a scratch in the middle of the screen (keyboard shaped . . . . it looks suspicious) this cloth you mentioned with get rid of (or at least prevent more of) this problem?

I got mine two days after my PB arrived, so I didn't have a chance to develop any scratches or blemishes on my screen.
If you wet the cloth (water only) and rub it on your screen, it is supposed to buff out marks left from the keyboard pressing on it. I'm not sure if it will remove scratches too, but it will definitely prevent them from getting worse.

asdf123
Oct 22, 2004, 03:17 PM
but...can't afford a 'special cloth' to prevent wear. Any suggestions on how to clean the screen (of a pb 12")....other than whats suggested in the manual? I mean...water/cloth removes the marks but leaves a thin film, thus loosing the original matte "luster" to the LCD.....cleaning suggestions?

zelmo
Oct 22, 2004, 04:55 PM
but...can't afford a 'special cloth' to prevent wear. Any suggestions on how to clean the screen (of a pb 12")....other than whats suggested in the manual? I mean...water/cloth removes the marks but leaves a thin film, thus loosing the original matte "luster" to the LCD.....cleaning suggestions?

Go to a Lenscrafters or other such store. The cloths they make now for cleaning plastic lenses are very similar in feel to the almost ultrasuede PowerSleevz cloth. A lot smaller, but also less expensive, not that the Radtech cloth is real pricey.

Whatever you do, don't use paper towels. They are far too abrasive. Maybe a cloth diaper?

leftbanke7
Oct 22, 2004, 05:38 PM
Go to a Lenscrafters or other such store. The cloths they make now for cleaning plastic lenses are very similar in feel to the almost ultrasuede PowerSleevz cloth. A lot smaller, but also less expensive, not that the Radtech cloth is real pricey.

Whatever you do, don't use paper towels. They are far too abrasive. Maybe a cloth diaper?

Or you can use the ultra cheap home remedy version.

2:1 ratio water to rubbing alcohol and a soft felt cloth. Essentially the same thing you get with the lens cleaning pads at a fraction of the cost. Cleaned my screen up nice and shiny!!!